• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Exercising when going off drugs

maul91

Greenlighter
Is excercising good or bad for you when you quit taking benzo and opiates?
I have Heard that exercising releases endorphines and that increases dopamine in the brain i dont know how it affects the GABA and opiate receptors though.
I was thinking that it could make the substances in the brain unbalanced, I guess the levels of dopamin, gaba, serotonin etc are low after taking a lot of these drugs
I want my mind to "reset" itself and my body to heal. I feel a lot better after a walk so it definately affects something in the brain i dont want get addicted to endorphins

Exercising is good, as long as you don't take drugs, your body's homeostasis is in balance, no need to worry, just don't push yourself to the limits while withdrawing from benzos.
You already are dependent on your endorphins, without them you would be in excruciating pain and most likely dead.
Stop overthinking and just go for a walk in the sun, there's nothing better you could do for your body!

Exercise is great. I find cycling to be a good workout and I can fit it into my commute (read have to because of DUI). Anyway its fun and since you can blow through stop lights and stop signs and cut through parking lots and shit it doesn't take as long as youd think. I've biked 5 miles in 15 minutes flat before when I wanted to make it to the beer store in time. I made it!

Exercise is the perfect remedy when trying to get off drugs or at least slow down drug use. When you work out, your brain isn't thinking "Drugs, Drugs, Drugs". You sweat out all those nasty toxins and sweating feels sooo good. I've been doing work out DVDs and running 2 miles on the treadmill for the past two days. Hurts like a bitch, but you feel proud when you're done. I'm hoping the exercise will completely replace the drugs again. Plus, I need to take some pounds off. Win-win situation. Keep it up!

Exercise is always beneficial unless you have nagging injuries..when I got off methadone the only thing that helped are workouts where i exhausted myself

I walk for 2 hours and I feel so good when Im home, taking a hot shower and the food taste better etc. But that wasnt my question. I already know its good for you. I was wondering how it affects the brain and GABA etc.

Exercise (esp intensive) is the most beneficial aid for recovery from opioids and benzodiazepines I've ever found.

I realize OP is coming off drugs so apologies for saying this, but after a hard work out and all that sweating, the drugs feel even better in your system when you take them after
Like it's a "reset".