• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. The Endorphin Factory

I'm having a hard time to keep up with the routine. Now that most of my colleagues are on leave I can work my regulars hours and exercise on time, but I'm getting a bit lethargic about waking up early to swim. I'm doing 6-8 miles on the treadmill.

i went to my first barre class today

barre is a good workout for dancers, i think it is inspired from ballet / pilates / yoga

it was 1 hour and the time went by pretty fast, i was humbled by the strength of all the girls in the room, but i never felt overwhelmed by the intensity of the workout

i feel great afterwords. i signed up for 2 weeks of unlimited classes so i'll see if i can go every day.

So something between Yoga and Pilates, I'm not sure if we have that here.
It must be really interesting, as you probably do a lot more stretching which must be great.

kind of a full body workout, isolated movements of the body repeated, help to tone, burn fat, build strength. some stretching interspersed, but i find myself enjoying that it is closer to a gym kind of workout than a yoga class.

Sounds like a good exercise. I find it really rewarding when you like what you are doing. I did swim for so many years and just the though of the water and the feelings after were enough to get me going for so long. But now I'm sort of stuck. That was my main exercise for most of my life. I need to find another one soon.

Lifted chest and triceps. Really want to add in some beginning yoga. Adding in meditation again soon, so I will eventually combine these.

Went to the gym today and exercised for one hour or so in the swimming pool. I'm trying some intense hydro exercises. I was surprised to see that I can actually work out with rubber 'weights' even more effectively.

For me swimming for one hour does burn a lot of calories and it helps if you want to gain some muscle mass.

I was really getting into workout mode for the past few weeks but I sprained my foot badly a few days ago. Luckily no fractures and it's healing well. Can't wait to get back to the gym.

@fabriclondon, I hope you get better soon and get back to action! ;)

I learned these series of stretching exercises I can do in 15-20 minutes. It relaxes my muscles, especially when I can't exercise.

For sure, heal up quick fabriclondon, just keep your post rate up in EMD as your picks are the s#it.

I have a 25lb d-bell that helps out a lot for stretching although I suppose it increases the risk of pulling something as well. I sleep better after stretching and it's portable.

Went by a friends house who has a deep unheated pool and even with several hours of shade it's still toasty. Hello private pool. %)

barre today, i go every day if i can, i think i'm getting addicted =D. feels so good to sweat some, and have achy muscles after.

really appreciate the group energy and teacher to help motivate me.

Feeling good too. Have done Pilates today together with everyone else. It was actually much more intense than I thought it would be.

2 barre classes in one day! second one was a yoga one though, so it wasn't too straining on the muscles.

one of my shiniest days in a while, am starting to think i could work out at home if i have to, by working different muscle groups until my body feels evenly tired.