• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

That's 4 sure C2C.. landscaping wet clay sucks.

Im doing a double day tomorrow.. a three hour push including soaking,

Physical strain causes some enzymatic cascade that ends up with IGF, the insulin-like growth factor which in turn, makes our cranial neurons to bloom, and apparently, glia-cells to differentiate into more neurons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been going on morning jogs and working out a lot. The exercise in the morning really helps with my morning anxiety and makes me feel a little more level, along with the working out. Starting to see the physical results has also given me a confidence boost, which helps with social anxiety a bit, but more so with my own ability to get things done(less self-doubt).

Started listening to positive affirmation ASMR rather than watching TV when going to bed. Seems much more effective and can be a form of meditation even.

Try the nordic way, sauna at 212 degrees farenheit for 20 minutes then jump in cold water. Repeat.

That will refresh you and unleash a fuckload of endorphines.

Starting a new position so i'm going to chill at the gym for another week. Fire back up next Saturday. Just want to make sure my body is fresh for work this week.

Starting a new position so i'm going to chill at the gym for another week. Fire back up next Saturday. Just want to make sure my body is fresh for work this week.

I paid for my brother and sister in laws gym membership for Christmas last year but they rarely go. He walked over 40,000 steps (20 miles) at his job the other day :oops:

That's big.. when I was growing for Willie I walked 23 miles during a harvest day. I was averaging 15 with loads this summer. I was chiseled, but now I have a more sustainable 5 miles a day going. Back to the gym. Start a three or four day regiment at the club Sat.

Alright loaded back up. t and s afternoon is loaded up weights looking to explore another lift day.. just need design it right. Chest tries abs today.

Exercise was incredibly helpful for me. The routine of lifting weights gave me something to focus on, something to do, a task which I could do and do well. I grew up in competitive gymnastics, so I'm pretty blessed to have a body that can get back in shape very easily, it's all very familiar to me. When you're in shape, the endorphins after a heavy lifting session, are blissful. In fact, I think I should really get back into a solid routine. I kind of loved being sore and having regular progress.

Once my mind recovered after a year of nothing but gym and staying healthy, I could play guitar again, and now I'm back to uni. I am so lucky to have done so much exercise all my life, I really doubt that I'd be here otherwise.

I think for most people, the more intense the workout the better the results, as long as you keep consistency. The body just adapts to what is required of it. A mild workout will give mild results. Whereas pushing yourself and doing a little bit more than you think you can cause growth and adaptation. There's a nice flow of intensity that comes with experience, you just listen to your body. Sure there's a period where you'll be sore and run down, but only for a short time, then you get stronger and start to love it.

For people who don't exercise though I can see how that might scare them off. Psychological barriers of "it's too hard" / avoiding 'pain'. The pain of inaction is worse than action. Exercise is so crucial to my mental performance/wellbeing, once it became a necessity for recovery/survival, it was very easy (beats sitting at home thinking about drugs/feeling sorry for yourself). Once you're fit, it becomes enjoyable, it's really a shorter journey than people think. Make the commitment for a year, two, three, however long it takes you, then you're in the habit and benefits compound.

Exercise was incredibly helpful for me. The routine of lifting weights gave me something to focus on, something to do, a task which I could do and do well. I grew up in competitive gymnastics, so I'm pretty blessed to have a body that can get back in shape very easily, it's all very familiar to me. When you're in shape, the endorphins after a heavy lifting session, are blissful. In fact, I think I should really get back into a solid routine. I kind of loved being sore and having regular progress.

Once my mind recovered after a year of nothing but gym and staying healthy, I could play guitar again, and now I'm back to uni. I am so lucky to have done so much exercise all my life, I really doubt that I'd be here otherwise.

I think for most people, the more intense the workout the better the results, as long as you keep consistency. The body just adapts to what is required of it. A mild workout will give mild results. Whereas pushing yourself and doing a little bit more than you think you can cause growth and adaptation. There's a nice flow of intensity that comes with experience, you just listen to your body. Sure there's a period where you'll be sore and run down, but only for a short time, then you get stronger and start to love it.

For people who don't exercise though I can see how that might scare them off. Psychological barriers of "it's too hard" / avoiding 'pain'. The pain of inaction is worse than action. Exercise is so crucial to my mental performance/wellbeing, once it became a necessity for recovery/survival, it was very easy (beats sitting at home thinking about drugs/feeling sorry for yourself). Once you're fit, it becomes enjoyable, it's really a shorter journey than people think. Make the commitment for a year, two, three, however long it takes you, then you're in the habit and benefits compound.
There's a soreness that comes with working out when you're not used to it, but it hurts so good. hehe

It's kind of a good substitute to getting laid, a nice release of pent up energy.

I was on fire, then stopped again. My motivation is usually external. It's like I need a reason to work out. Usually, it was because I wanted to look good while dating or in a relationship. I haven't cared about dating for a year so it's kinda like what's the point?

I'm getting back into it tomorrow morning. Pushing myself. Deep down, I still want to look damn good.

Hey C2C.. Your spirit encompasses fire. Peek at wisdom and patience to spice that fire. A long term plan that involves smaller incremental steps may result in a permanent change in your life. Consider starting a little slower and working your way into " well This what I do". You know your going to look good and feel great. Now how do you capture that for the rest of your life?

Last edited:
Hey C2C.. Your spirit encompasses fire. Peek at wisdom and patience to spice that fire. A long term plan that involves smaller incremental steps may result in a permanent change in your life. Consider starting a little slower and working your way into well this what I do. You know your going to look good and feel great. Now how do you capture that for the rest of your life?
How do I capture that for the rest of my life? Lol I don't know. It's like all or nothing with me. It's so annoying! I have a hard time pacing myself. Point taken though. Thanks. :)

You're very consistent, that's admirable.

I also have that "all or nothing" mentality. Maybe it allows us to avoid failure and feeling weak. Because we know we didn't really try anyway, right? If I'm not going to win I won't do anything! We know we could if we wanted to? What "motivation" are we looking for? Do we need to feel driven to do something?

I used to think I wanted to look good, but now that I do, it hasn't changed much, the benefits I get are mostly from when I'm regularly working out, it just makes me feel good. I love being able to run whenever I want, have the energy to do things on a whim.
It was a good motivator, to begin with, but now it doesn't really matter to me.

Building consistency is very important: I tend to do 12 weeks of heavy lifts, then 6-12 weeks of home workouts/exercise when I feel like it/ride the bike/stretching, etc.
I don't plan it that way, but it seems to work well.
It's hard to invest time when everything is so immediate these days.
I suppose doing something like 2 days heavy lifts (work your way up, slow and steady, good form, etc.) and 1 day of cardio/general stuff would work pretty well. I think if you have a smart routine: 3 x 30-minute sessions a week will be way more valuable than you think. Especially once you get to 12 weeks of hitting all your sessions.

Focus on the feeling within your body, squeezing and releasing, breathing. Almost like a meditation routine. Feel it and just go through the motions, sometimes you've just got to get it done.
Go because you are looking after yourself and because you want the natural energy and endorphins that come from it.
I guess my biggest motivator is just that I look back on my overall health and it's much better when I'm lifting.

I'm trying to remember that my current mindset doesn't always know what's best for me. The thoughts I get are usually weakness telling me to take the easy way out, coming up with excuses. I have extremes of "work as hard as possible" - competition mindset, and "I don't care, I'll just lie around". It's very easy to be lazy.
It's bizarre that I will try so damn hard in many situations and feel a lot of pressure from myself to perform, but then because of that intensity, I avoid things. It's like I can't turn off my own expectations, I'm so disappointed if I'm not above average in everything.

Just thought this might resonate with your "all or nothing" mentality. I'm interested to read what your perspective is.

I also have that "all or nothing" mentality. Maybe it allows us to avoid failure and feeling weak. Because we know we didn't really try anyway, right? If I'm not going to win I won't do anything! We know we could if we wanted to? What "motivation" are we looking for? Do we need to feel driven to do something?

I used to think I wanted to look good, but now that I do, it hasn't changed much, the benefits I get are mostly from when I'm regularly working out, it just makes me feel good. I love being able to run whenever I want, have the energy to do things on a whim.
It was a good motivator, to begin with, but now it doesn't really matter to me.

You're so right. You just reminded me that even when I was actually below my target weight, I still felt like a monster in spite of compliments all of the time. It didn't matter. Some much needed healing needs to be done on the inside first or you will feel wrong about yourself no matter what.

Building consistency is very important: I tend to do 12 weeks of heavy lifts, then 6-12 weeks of home workouts/exercise when I feel like it/ride the bike/stretching, etc.
I don't plan it that way, but it seems to work well.
It's hard to invest time when everything is so immediate these days.
I suppose doing something like 2 days heavy lifts (work your way up, slow and steady, good form, etc.) and 1 day of cardio/general stuff would work pretty well. I think if you have a smart routine: 3 x 30-minute sessions a week will be way more valuable than you think. Especially once you get to 12 weeks of hitting all your sessions.

Focus on the feeling within your body, squeezing and releasing, breathing. Almost like a meditation routine. Feel it and just go through the motions, sometimes you've just got to get it done.
Go because you are looking after yourself and because you want the natural energy and endorphins that come from it.
I guess my biggest motivator is just that I look back on my overall health and it's much better when I'm lifting.

I'm trying to remember that my current mindset doesn't always know what's best for me. The thoughts I get are usually weakness telling me to take the easy way out, coming up with excuses. I have extremes of "work as hard as possible" - competition mindset, and "I don't care, I'll just lie around". It's very easy to be lazy.
It's bizarre that I will try so damn hard in many situations and feel a lot of pressure from myself to perform, but then because of that intensity, I avoid things. It's like I can't turn off my own expectations, I'm so disappointed if I'm not above average in everything.

Just thought this might resonate with your "all or nothing" mentality. I'm interested to read what your perspective is.

Yes, you certainly struggle with a perfectionist attitude like I do. That's all it is, putting unnecessary expectations on ourselves. It seems like you've still been pushing through it and getting your work outs in so that's inspirational.
I ended up riding the stationary bike tonight for 35 minutes to clear my head. I feel sooo much better!
Good thing is I found my stash of aerobic and strength training DVDs after moving. Variety is key. I cannot feel like a hamster pedaling on the bike or running on the treadmill all the time, so boring. Plus, I still want to get a rowing machine.

I will make a schedule for my exercise routine and write out exactly what I'm going to do that day. That should help with motivation and I need to hold myself accountable. I have some really fun cardio work outs I'm excited about now. Strength training is mixed in.

Your entire post absolutely resonated with me! It's like you were inside of my head. I don't know if that's good or bad. lol Thank you for taking the time to reply. You're awesome. 💖

New routine is going to be quite different for a bit. Two days a week limited lift, short cardio followed by a few sprints and Spa. A full body massage once a week.

Also cutting out some of the crap food I have been eating for lunch too often.