• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

Legs and Biceps went great. Really busy at the gym, that surprised me. I thought a crappy weather super bowl Sunday the place would be dead. Pulled in and the parking lot was packed, the gym was packed, locker room was a zoo. Spa was empty and feel amazing. Worth it.

Stretch, walk, shoulders and back today. Steam room or spa at the end. Rest day tomorrow.

A couple of mornings ago I woke up with a strange crick in my back... tried rolling my back (which I do regularly) to try to get it out, but it seemed deeper in. That day I hauled and chopped some wood. Then yesterday morning I woke up and my back really hurt, it's a dull pain, seems centered on my spinal cord. Like when I lay down flat on a hard surface it hurts and it feels like there's pressure. It hurts to twist my torso much at all and also to bend my back certain ways. This morning I woke up and it was worse. Stiffness, pain, it hurt to even lie on my back to sleep, I have to lie on my side and even then position myself a certain way or it puts pressure on the spot. I've never had back pain there before. It's sketching me out... I have no idea what I did to it though, there wasn't any sort of event where I hurt my back or even felt like I strained it. I hadn't worked out in like a week or done anything really strenuous either... now I fear I can't go to the gym, or at least do anything weight-related, because it will exacerbate this... :\

What vertebrae is it near Shadow? I bet It may be a back spasm aka a muscle cramp. if so throw down for a massage, by a physical therapist if you can find one. See what they recommend for treatment. I hope you get it worked out, those things hurt and suck. Stretch it.. I know its not fair and it tells you that's the last thing you should be doing. But its a cramp. Electrolytes too if you could be low.

I just gorged myself on shrimp Fajitas.. i'm going to wait until I can sit up again and go back in.

Great day at the gym. Cool people working out. i'm not big at all on little small man syndrome hard asses that drop weights and turn purple when they lift. None of those people in there today. Theirs only two of them and one left I hope or works out at night. Its funny I was talking with this guy at work that lifts, but at a different gym, and was telling him about this asshat. He knew exactly who I was talking about. Guy ruins everyone's workout over there as well.

Just cool people today. if I stop in tomorrow im just going to soak.

Fortunately it's already feeling better. I managed to pop it by hanging and stretching. It's fading away now. :) Hoipefully I can get some workouts in before my girlfriend leaves for California for a month, since I can't drive myself anywhere for another 6 months. Might be hard to get friends to go with me. Although actually I have a friend who works out at the Y (which is where my membership is) every single day, I bet he'd bring me sometimes. Plus I never get to see him lately because he has a 3 month old baby. Okay cool, I think I solved the problem. :)

Good news there Shadow. If its in your lumbar region, once it settles down hit the back extension machine at your gym. I was having a few issues awhile back with lower back spasms and that cleared mine right up.

Rest day.. Im going to go chill in the steam room and spa:)

Rolling in for chest, triceps and abs. muscles right around my elbows are kind of sore. Charge.

I hit legs and biceps pretty hard yesterday and I'm kind of sore. Back and shoulders are up today and i'm rolling in despite it being -16f with the wind chill.

EDIT: 10/2/19 heading in for chest and triceps. Going to hit it hard.

EDIT2: Great workout.. i'm climbing nicely!

Last edited:
Lifted legs and biceps today and shoveled snow. Made a huge gain on the slide rack.. went up 140 pounds. I think I was quite under my potential, but after the last leg lift I was sore for three days.

Where is the rest of the working out people?

Since my license is suspended I can't take myself to the gym. I was hauling and chopping wood for a bit but that's all done now. My girlfriend hasn't been able to go at the same time as I have been able to much lately, so regrettably, it's been a couple of weeks.

Chest triceps and abs is loaded for today. pretty happy with where i'm at. Hit it hard. Iv want to be ripped by june.

Club is packed.. But im rolling in for back shoulders and abs. After work crew is in force.

Still no opportunity to go back to the gym yet... but I spent the whole day painting my bedroom (really tall ceiling on one side so a ladder is required, I painted half of it a slightly creamy white yesterday, and the second half a nice slightly grayish medium blue today). It was decent exercise and also really fun. I used to paint rooms for a summer and have painted many since, I find it fun, meditative and a good challenge to try to make it look perfect.. :)

Its actually a decent shoulder work out. I painted for summer work when i was in uni. My shoulders used to get beat.

Rest day.. Steam room and spa. Then a show tonight. Life is good.

It was dumping snow all night. So I took the day off. lifting chest and triceps today. Abs too. I'm try and hit it hard today.

legs and biceps today. Big meal and then out for some live reggae. Flipping into March. I start to restrict my diet today. Alcohol has been gone for a month. Really limited candy, cheeseburgers. Reduce toast, English muffins, tortillas. Increase salads and add vegetable based proteins. Switch bad lipids for beneficial ones. I'm going to use a BB ap to keep track of daily intake. Still looking to be pretty good buy mid June. Show off my work at a early summer festival.

Lifted legs hard yesterday. Well.. the diet .. well lets just say I was ravenous and ate a shit ton. back and shoulders up today. i'm going to have to just eat allot of good food I think.