• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

Got back to the gym yesterday. It's been a while so I'm sore, but it's good. I got a DWI a few days ago so I'm pretty restricted. Hoping I can get a driving exemption for going to the gym.

I've been working out again recently. It's been hard because I can't drive and my girlfriend hasn't been working out much either, but we have decided to get back into it. Gym 3 days ago, intense hike 2 days ago, gym yesterday, and soon, a hike today. :)

Cold one today. Getting a metal album now to really try to punish myself with this SEAL routine I fell away from. I need to conquer this beast and realize my fitness goals. I'LL BE BACK.

It is pleasantly surprising how much this helps after giving yourself brain and other organ damage from drugs. I fall apart if I don't keep up with my chosen discipline. Killed it today was really challenging and I am completely exhausted, anyone have any tips on workout recovery? I always get like full body muscle soreness after. I should get hydrated asap and I had a really healthy protein filled vegan treat after that was extra heathy. I think it's something to get used to, I'm not new to working out just had a depressive episode that took me out since the summer.

Protein, hydration, and stretching (though you're doing yoga if I recall right? So stretching is built in). And good sleep.

@ SS. Pre workout Creatine. Muscle soreness is mostly caused by lactic acid. Lactic acid is produced during anaerobic glycolysis. Most muscle energy is produced by aerobic Respiration. This process produces much more energy, but is much slower and produces CO2 and heat as biproducts. When the muscles run out of stored ATP and are in need of quick energy it switches to anaerobic glycolysis. The problem with that is it produces lactic acid which makes us sore. Another source of energy in a pinch Phosphorylation of creatine phosphate.

CP+ADP= ATP + creatine. With this you have no biproduct of lactic acid.

Didn't do much for my physical health today, but I've been trying to pay attention to my self-talk and how it impacts my mood and behavior. I tend to have very negative and hyper critical self-talk, so working on being more kind and forgiving and encouraging to myself.

Gonna try to go on a long hike with my girl today. I ate SO MUCH last night, it's pretty needed. Lately I've been hiking or working out about half of days which is a big improvement. It's been tough for a while since I lost my driver's license for a year but now my girlfriend has moved in so it's easier again.

Made it to hot yoga yesterday with my buddy, class was intense. Passed out afterwards after a couple tokes and hardly remember I was so tired but managed to get a pasta into me, and had another veggie pasta for breakfast and I'm still starving. I'm going again tomorrow to another intensive class, not only does it drastically improve my chronic pain and depression but I find it plain fun to get more flexible, stronger, and work that part of my mind that controls balance. I fell out of it for a while only going once a week just got depressed was all summer.

I'm excited.. studies work is almost complete.. then im wait listed 4 a bit. So I get to fire back up gym lifting. I have to reexamine cutting as I love lifting and do not want to get huge.

Alright.. all that prevented me for a minute from working out is gone. loading back up.. join the ranks of the new years crowd. That will thin out quick. loading up creatine for the upstart. Fire your guns!

Ok.. actually getting to the gym tomorrow.. rolling chest and triceps. Going to load creatine for a week and went a little kind on the test. I have three to four weeks of physically easy work. Still i'm going to be worked. Journaling my caloric intake. Im going to be ripped up by june and that's a fact.

Edit: good first workout back. I feel great.

Last edited:
Good lift yesterday. Chest, tri and abs. Working up slowly, but strong and core is stronger then before.

The core is core. ;) I've been neglecting my daily planks and sit-ups but tbh I don't give a shit as I always slow down with this, this time of year. I hate the gym so, always improvise by using my body, gravity and resistance and any to hand objects around to work muscle.

I agree Lady A

Chest tries and abs yesterday. Not as strong as I would like. Patience and legs and biceps are up today.

I ran today for the first time in months! 30 minutes on the treadmill. Didn't want to do too much, too soon.

^ nice

I'm off to the gym.. Long stretch, walk.. Double up chest tries, abbs arm and legs. Im going to work myself.

EDIT: good workout yesterday. I didn't double up.. so legs and biceps are on for today.. then a soak, because lol I have a Netflix binge spasm in my back.. can only lay immobile on one side for so long until you throw your back out.

Last edited: