• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

right {I'm going to wander in for the first time since this crap started tomorrow. I hope the spa is rolling.

I can’t even imagine not having access to the gym. I think the smaller ones are closed, but the one I go to is huge and currently open. It honestly doesn’t even bother me to exercise with a face mask on, I legit forget I even have it on the entire time. I’m up to 20 minutes on the stationary bike at a constant 145+ heart rate plus warm up and warm down. Then I do upper and lower body workout on the equipment. Considering three months ago I could barely walk and couldn’t stop smoking crack and I’m now completely sober and feeling better than I have since endocarditis and heart surgeries destroyed me, exercise has been the best addiction I’ve ever stumbled upon.

This all started with one day I went on a bike ride, made it 0.7 miles and violently vomited, and I haven’t stopped since that day. 0.7 miles turned into 2 miles, 2 miles turned into 5, 5 miles turned into 10. The weather got too cold, so I joined the gym.

The high from exercise and the positive physical and mental rewards started outweighing cocaine and the bad that comes with it, and amazingly, I haven’t had one craving for one drug since I stopped. I think I’ve been mentally ready to move on from my drug use for a long time, I was just so physically broken, the exercise just finally made all the stars align for me.

I swear once my heart rate hits about 120 bpm, my endogenous opioids start flowing and the music just hits me even better, and the pain melts away and I’m free.

Nice long stretch and then 2nd NFL game i'm going to ride a stationary bike for sprints. Going into the club and lift chest, arms and abs Tuesday evening. Tues and Sat afternoon will be my lift days. Sprints Tues and Sunday. Parts of my job are quite physical, so this should be plenty. Get the massage after workout sat.

You're so right. You just reminded me that even when I was actually below my target weight, I still felt like a monster in spite of compliments all of the time. It didn't matter. Some much needed healing needs to be done on the inside first or you will feel wrong about yourself no matter what.

Yes, you certainly struggle with a perfectionist attitude like I do. That's all it is, putting unnecessary expectations on ourselves. It seems like you've still been pushing through it and getting your work outs in so that's inspirational.
I ended up riding the stationary bike tonight for 35 minutes to clear my head. I feel sooo much better!
Good thing is I found my stash of aerobic and strength training DVDs after moving. Variety is key. I cannot feel like a hamster pedaling on the bike or running on the treadmill all the time, so boring. Plus, I still want to get a rowing machine.

I will make a schedule for my exercise routine and write out exactly what I'm going to do that day. That should help with motivation and I need to hold myself accountable. I have some really fun cardio work outs I'm excited about now. Strength training is mixed in.

Your entire post absolutely resonated with me! It's like you were inside of my head. I don't know if that's good or bad. lol Thank you for taking the time to reply. You're awesome. 💖
This is awesome to read again. How'd your year go?

Just did a full workout (non-gym ☹️) and had a nice walk.
I’m trying to get back into daily exercise. It’s so much harder without the gym.

So I’m back into every other day exercise, which is a start. Once I get started, I’m fine. But oh the procrastination!

Stretched and just got a full hour Swedish massage. Doesn’t get much better than this.

I find that creating a solid habit is far more important than the details. Lifting 10kg every day. And/or to progress my own thinking. Stress the body and recover. Start slow. Work your way up. Don't get too greedy/ambitious. Exercise is a lifelong journey.

Just did a full workout (non-gym ☹️) and had a nice walk.
I’m trying to get back into daily exercise. It’s so much harder without the gym.
I've never understood this. Why is it hard without the gym?

I love walking around and just being active. It's great fun!

Just start doing squats in the park. No weights. Just pushups, stretching exercises, etc. Maybe it is your fear/safety triggers being activated because the world is pretty terrifying at the moment.

Don't worry, I am changing the world :)

I've never understood this. Why is it hard without the gym?
Actually I love working out outside 🙂, including swimming, but sometimes I just don’t have the time. It was so easy just to hit the rowing machine and do some light weights if I was in a hurry to maintain. Now it’s a whole thing to get enough cardio.
Weight-bearing exercise is a lifesaver.

@cduggles , Thanks for the encouragement, I have a rowing machine in my basement, and it will not help me till I get on it ! You are in a Warm weather place?
All is well
ice

Is this a good workout routine?
Bench Press 3 sets x 5-8 reps
Lat Pulldown 3 sets x 10-15 reps
Squat 3 sets x 5-8 reps
Leg Curl 3 sets x 10-15 reps
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2 sets x 5-8 reps
Incline Curl 2 sets x 10-15 reps
Triceps Pressdown 2 sets x 10-15 reps

I wanna start. Currently starting 100 push-ups every 3 days. I tried today (2) and it still hurts. Ima try to do abs everyday. I plan to start BJJ under Gracie barra gym local. Not Gracie himself hahah. And I wanna follow YouTube instructions on Bruce Lees workout.
Simultaneously spending 3 days at first but I’d like to increase to everyday training 3 days volunteering I wanna continue making music throughout. and take one day to rest.
I’m tired of adderall oxycodone pot thinking about tripping. I know everyone else is around me is tired of the tirades with the pills. This mental illness if it’s even that or just side effects of being big pharmas consensual guinea pig for the last 20 years I’m turning 30 this year. I’ve given my body hell with the drugs. What would it hurt to try giving it hell with fitness.

I wanna start. Currently starting 100 push-ups every 3 days. I tried today (2) and it still hurts. Ima try to do abs everyday. I plan to start BJJ under Gracie barra gym local. Not Gracie himself hahah. And I wanna follow YouTube instructions on Bruce Lees workout.
Simultaneously spending 3 days at first but I’d like to increase to everyday training 3 days volunteering I wanna continue making music throughout. and take one day to rest.
I’m tired of adderall oxycodone pot thinking about tripping. I know everyone else is around me is tired of the tirades with the pills. This mental illness if it’s even that or just side effects of being big pharmas consensual guinea pig for the last 20 years I’m turning 30 this year. I’ve given my body hell with the drugs. What would it hurt to try giving it hell with fitness.
Nutrition will be the hardest part cause I wanna go animaless hemp based protein mixed with garden of life whey I take all sorts of nootropics which I hope to cut down with protein shakes which included many crucial amino acids.
BCAAS.
creatine in loading phase. Day 3
And about a gallon and a half of water a day. My body feels the need for it so I drink by the gallon.
Other then that i have no plans but to fix this shitty personality through discipline of BJJ humility through serving other then myself and investing more into God then I do trolling or manipulating others for attention and short dopamine burst online.
I’m tired of the morning 20mg. Coffee 8mg nicotine gum and I still feel like shit. I’m tired of chasing it with clonazepam just to calm down the feelings. I love the ufc and I wrestled in high school but I screwed that up the first year when I stole money from the library. Along with my music, I finally feel at home. And Idc what others thing. I plan to curb a lot of screen time down too and putting more into my family that I’m blessed with. I waste time arguing or doing like everyone else and building a false mirage of my life just to gain likes and it backfires.
but fuck you Bluelight I’m not deleting my shit and ima show you better since everyone don’t believe in me.

Is this a good workout routine?
Bench Press 3 sets x 5-8 reps
Lat Pulldown 3 sets x 10-15 reps
Squat 3 sets x 5-8 reps
Leg Curl 3 sets x 10-15 reps
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2 sets x 5-8 reps
Incline Curl 2 sets x 10-15 reps
Triceps Pressdown 2 sets x 10-15 reps

What are you looking to accomplish and how many days a week are you planning to work out