• TDS Moderators: mafioso | mal3volent | Xorkoth

Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter
that will work.. landscaping again today. back shoulders and abs tomorow
Cool. Landscaping is a great work out in itself. Now I have to get my 8 pound dumbbells back from someone who "borrowed" them.

Snowy_Hell

Bluelighter
Physical strain causes some enzymatic cascade that ends up with IGF, the insulin-like growth factor which in turn, makes our cranial neurons to bloom, and apparently, glia-cells to differentiate into more neurons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mafioso

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
Been going on morning jogs and working out a lot. The exercise in the morning really helps with my morning anxiety and makes me feel a little more level, along with the working out. Starting to see the physical results has also given me a confidence boost, which helps with social anxiety a bit, but more so with my own ability to get things done(less self-doubt).

Started listening to positive affirmation ASMR rather than watching TV when going to bed. Seems much more effective and can be a form of meditation even.

Benzorider

Bluelighter
Try the nordic way, sauna at 212 degrees farenheit for 20 minutes then jump in cold water. Repeat.

That will refresh you and unleash a fuckload of endorphines.

mal3volent

Moderator: TDS, S&G, TL
Staff member
Starting a new position so i'm going to chill at the gym for another week. Fire back up next Saturday. Just want to make sure my body is fresh for work this week.
I paid for my brother and sister in laws gym membership for Christmas last year but they rarely go. He walked over 40,000 steps (20 miles) at his job the other day :oops:

Liminality

Bluelighter
Exercise was incredibly helpful for me. The routine of lifting weights gave me something to focus on, something to do, a task which I could do and do well. I grew up in competitive gymnastics, so I'm pretty blessed to have a body that can get back in shape very easily, it's all very familiar to me. When you're in shape, the endorphins after a heavy lifting session, are blissful. In fact, I think I should really get back into a solid routine. I kind of loved being sore and having regular progress.

Once my mind recovered after a year of nothing but gym and staying healthy, I could play guitar again, and now I'm back to uni. I am so lucky to have done so much exercise all my life, I really doubt that I'd be here otherwise.

I think for most people, the more intense the workout the better the results, as long as you keep consistency. The body just adapts to what is required of it. A mild workout will give mild results. Whereas pushing yourself and doing a little bit more than you think you can cause growth and adaptation. There's a nice flow of intensity that comes with experience, you just listen to your body. Sure there's a period where you'll be sore and run down, but only for a short time, then you get stronger and start to love it.

For people who don't exercise though I can see how that might scare them off. Psychological barriers of "it's too hard" / avoiding 'pain'. The pain of inaction is worse than action. Exercise is so crucial to my mental performance/wellbeing, once it became a necessity for recovery/survival, it was very easy (beats sitting at home thinking about drugs/feeling sorry for yourself). Once you're fit, it becomes enjoyable, it's really a shorter journey than people think. Make the commitment for a year, two, three, however long it takes you, then you're in the habit and benefits compound.