• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from working out... I did deadlifts for the first time today. My lower back is quite sore already, but not in a bad way, just in a way where I feel like I hit a bunch of little muscles I'd never targeted before. I've been transitioning slowly to free weights rather than the machines and I almost exclusively did free weight stuff today. Feels good. :)

Went snowboarding for the first time last week and I felt great for a few days afterwards. It was the first time in a long time that I got out and did something that was physically demanding. Gonna hit the slopes again this weekend :)

Awesome. :) I have been skiing (downhill) since before I can even remember, though I haven't been in a few years. I love it, it's so exhilarating and intense.

Went for an hour yesterday and only 20 min today. Back again tomorrow full blast.

i run around doin various exercise 5 times a week. what a clean high!

Went snowboarding for the first time last week and I felt great for a few days afterwards. It was the first time in a long time that I got out and did something that was physically demanding. Gonna hit the slopes again this weekend :)
Makes me happy to hear ;)

Holy shit, so sore today from the deadlifting and other lifting... my entire back is sore, especially my lower back (just muscles though, nothing injury-like), and also my shoulders and chest. It's pretty intense but it also means I really hit those muscles well. :) I've never been so sore from working out though, wow.

Have you been doing any back extensions on the machines? Those really get the lower back in shape. I think im ready to add dead lifts into my routine.

Had a nice rehab day yesterday.. five minute walk and then twenty minute jog. 15 minutes in the steam room and then 30 minutes in the whirlpool. Thirty minutes of stretching.

Today Im going to hit chest, and tries and go for a jog.

Last edited:
Yeah I've been doing back extensions on the machine ever since I started working out, actually my lower back is tied for the strongest part of my body, tied with my quads at 210-215 pounds. I was deadlifting less than that by a good bit actually, I could have done more but I didn't want to hurt myself. I'm surprised by how much more intense it was than the back extensions for my lower back despite being lighter. Then again the machines are easier to do larger weights on because they're isolated, as opposed to free weights where you have to use your whole body to stabilize.

I really targeted my lower back because my posture wasn't good and my core was weak when I started... I'd really never worked it out before. 3 of my lower vertebrae were noticeably sticking out even when I stood up straight, and it freaked me out, so I wanted to strengthen my spinal adductors more than anything else. Now my spine is straight, no more sticking out vertebrae and no more slight hunch either since I've been targeting my entire back a lot. :)

Hit it hard today! Gotta be super fit and have that awesome body before i go to cuba for vacay. Sauna tomorrow then kicking ass again wed and thursday.

You are doing awesome Maya.

Went grocery shopping for like an hour, and had a full day with 2 doctors visits, and some other errands.

I was having a good workout today and then both shoulders got inflamed as hell, so i cut it kinda short. Kinda weird as i was lifting chest.

Hit it hard today! Gotta be super fit and have that awesome body before i go to cuba for vacay. Sauna tomorrow then kicking ass again wed and thursday.
I want Maya for my personal trainer! I need one! Our ocean isn't as inviting as Cuba's but we have Redwood trees!:D

^herby i promise you cali is next on my list! We will do yoga by the beach!!

Did upper body at the gym today... I went up 10 pounds on deadlifts to 185, since last time when I was doing 175. I can feel a lot of rapid increase in muscle since I switched to free weight stuff. Feels good. :) The first time I did deadlifts I was SO SORE for 2 days afterwards but since then I haven't gotten sore much from them.

Full workout tonight, im getttin new tats on saturday so wont be able to workout for a few days..

Im going to hit the gym hard again today. Walk, jog, lift back, shoulders and biceps today. Im starting to look pretty ripped. I need to add in more core, so im going to design and implement a core day. That will make me sore for a few days. :X

Status
Not open for further replies.