• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked out again... Overhead press, squats, deadlifts and a few other things. Second time this week since 2 months off, feeling pretty motivated. Hopefully I can stick to it.

^way to go nutty! Keep it up!

I went to spinning class yesterday and will go to the gym today before work.

On hour of hard practice singles tennis for me today.. I feal pretty good, better than my strokes looked today.. lol.

Just split wood today for 2.5 hours with a big axe-maul... feels good. :)

Spining class was awesomeeee!! Goin again thursday to sweat a lot and get stronger on the challenges!!

Jogging and going to lift legs, chest, tries, and biceps today.. feeling all outta whack and this should help immensely.

I did 2 and a half hours of wood hauling and splitting again Saturday... still feeling it in my triceps and lats. I was going to work out today at the gym but work got too busy... so I think I'll do some pushups instead and then hit it tomorrow morning.

I also had so much sex Wednesday/Thursday/Friday that my abs were as sore as they've ever been in my life... the soreness is gone but they're stronger for sure. I've been doing situps with a 50 pound weight held to my chest, on an inverted bench, and this was WAY more effective. Not to mention a lot more fun. :)

Anyone have experience with panic attacks that were reduced by exercising? With the winter months coming on, I can feel my anxiety and panic attacks returning sometimes. We just got a home gym installed in our basement and I'm wondering if lifting weights would help anxiety? Or is that only a cardio thing?

Another problem is I'm pretty underweight. 135. lbs and 6ft 2. I'm afraid that lifting weights will deplete my already low amount of body fat. I try to eat as much as I can but I don't seem to put on weight very fast.

Anyone have experience with panic attacks that were reduced by exercising? With the winter months coming on, I can feel my anxiety and panic attacks returning sometimes. We just got a home gym installed in our basement and I'm wondering if lifting weights would help anxiety? Or is that only a cardio thing?

Yep, I had the same thing going on this winter. Situations or places that wouldn't normally cause me any problems were causing me crazy anxiety. Some of it was due to coming drying out off alcohol I believe, but I was also spending too much time indoors and not being active. But without a doubt there is a correlation between mental health and physical health. I think especially with weight lifting, something about it is good at getting the crazies out. It makes sense if you think about it because humans weren't meant to just sit around and be inactive. Working out I've found is a good way to get rid of built up excess energy. And no it's not just cardio. It could be any exercise really I think as long as you exert yourself a bit.

I agree with nutty.

Plus lifting weights makes you ravenous.

I would journal your daily caloric intake for a few weeks to determine what your eating exactly.. you may be surprised.

Havent gone since Monday or tues i dont even remember. Work has been in the way and lower back was sore for a week too. Not sure if it's because of the previous workout. Gonna be back tomorrow to the gym and blast it off!

I went to the gym for the first time in about a week today, despite having slept very poorly and gotten drunk last night... I'm glad I did, I feel so much better now. :) Did 20 minutes of intense cardio and then worked every part of my body, mostly free weight stuff. I did a bunch of farmer's walks which I am finding just great. I almost did deadlifts for the first time but decided to save it for another day.

Tomorrow I'm going to haul and split wood for a few hours with my friend too... my girl might come and help too, that will be fun. :) She also likes splitting wood. The guy my friend groundskeeps for doesn't understand why I would help for free... he keeps thinking my friend is paying me, but in reality I just really enjoy splitting wood and appreciate the workout opportunity, as no workout I can do feels as good as hours of splitting wood with a heavy axe. I actually had a dream the other night where I was splitting wood, and it was a nice dream. =D

I lifted hard the last two days... so today im going to run some intervals and sit in the steam room and jacuzzi and eat a bunch of protien. Rehab day:)

Status
Not open for further replies.