• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health, and Addiction vs. I worked all that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually got on the floor and did stretches for some time… I stopped doing most of these type exercises -- incorporating them back into my life again.. adding more than just walking. :)

It's my day off after 3 days on... maybe I'll go for a hike later. Yesterday I started doing those exercises where you pull the weight sideways, getting a bunch of core muscles as well as abs and arms. I think I'll keep doing that as part of my routine. Lately for abs I've been sitting on the reclined bench and doing situps (3 sets of 12) with a 45 pound weight hugged to my chest, just under my chin... yesterday I moved up to 50 pounds, but no soreness so I may add another 5 or 10 pounds. My abs and lower back are really strong right now, especially my lower back. I've been doing 210-220 pounds on the lower back extension machine. Considering I started at 70-80 pounds 5 months ago, I'd say that's good for me. :)

another day for nike training sesh with coworker I am darn excited! Not sure what part of the body we will focus on today but it will def include speed cardio!

I actually got on the floor and did stretches for some time… I stopped doing most of these type exercises -- incorporating them back into my life again.. adding more than just walking. :)

Nice keep expanding I say:D

I took it easy today.. walked for thirty minutes and jogged for thirty.. I feal great.

Gonna work out at lunch today... I ended up taking a psychedelic last night and had a very revealing and powerful trip, but didn't get a full night's sleep and slept on my friend's couch so I couldn't get there first thing this morning. Oh well, life is good. :)

Was going to be lazy, but have changed my mind and am heading into run and lift chest and tries.

Did an hour regular cardio and half an hour speed cardio with some crunches and squats. Rest tomorrow and back Monday

I was gonna go to the gym, but after bouldering and river hiking all weekend, my right elbow and knees hurt today, so I am going to give it a rest. Maybe I'll just go for a hike or something for some cardio.

I went hiking at lunch, hiked hard/ran some of the way (up and down hills over rough terrain) for 40 minutes, interspersed with 2 sets of 30 pushups. Feels good. :)

Intervals and lifting chest and tries today... going to cut and stack some more wood as well. charge.

Exercise does help.....
Its not the exercise that's hard for me it finding the motivation to do it. Sometimes I just make myself jump up and go outside for a walk/jog.

I just got back from working out my upper body extra hard. I raised all my weights by 5 pounds, and did 3 sets of 12 situps on a sharply reclining bench, with 55 pounds of weight held to my chest under my chin. I also added 2 stations I hadn't done before and ended up doing as many pull-ups as I could still do given my super tired muscles (it was 8, heh). I think I'll be sore tomorrow, it's been a while since I got sore, other than my lats after I went rock climbing last weekend.

Did the 30 min corpse training from the nike app with coeorker the sauna. Did spinning class last night. Tomorrow will be full blast cardio and some extra ones

Sore today... pleasantly so, I haven't had this many muscles feeling sore in quite a while, I guess that's what happens when I raise your weights AND add 2 new exercises. I feel stronger than ever though and I'm starting to use some free weights so it's getting all those extra little muscles the machines don't target. My lats are getting pretty awesome, I've got that V shape for the first time in my life. My back looks fucking ripped. :)

My legs are actually still a little sore from the other day plus using the elliptical for cardio every time. In a little bit I'm going to use my lunch break to go for a hike for 45 minutes on this great uphill/downhill trail near my house for some cardio.

I have four very tall very big oak trees that have been felled... Now they need to be cut up hauled and stacked. Going to do three hours of that today.

did exercise yesterday and I wanted to go today but I have been keeping at it for so many months now or more than a year iirc.

I had a conversation with my coworker Friday night and told me that I exercise too much and that i shouldnt go as much because if I suddenly stopped i will gain the weight back because my body is so used to the amount of workout. What is your guy's opinion about this? I think that weight gain only happens if you suddenly started eating unhealthy again but does cutting exercise to 3 times a week make you gain weight if you are so used to the everyday workout?

My mate who works in the hospital prepping surgery equpment managed to get the waiting list co-ordinator to get my name on the short notice list for my op so if/when people pull out of slots there's a chance I'll get called and get to skip forward, a development made all the more pertinent when I woke up on his sofa after three hours sleep this morning to my shoulder falling out again. That's four nights out of the last ten now and I'm starting to really feel the ligaments tearing along their length and in new places so any bump up can't come too soon.

did exercise yesterday and I wanted to go today but I have been keeping at it for so many months now or more than a year iirc.

I had a conversation with my coworker Friday night and told me that I exercise too much and that i shouldnt go as much because if I suddenly stopped i will gain the weight back because my body is so used to the amount of workout. What is your guy's opinion about this? I think that weight gain only happens if you suddenly started eating unhealthy again but does cutting exercise to 3 times a week make you gain weight if you are so used to the everyday workout?

That doesn't sound right to me. Maybe if you stopped entirely or something but 5-7 days to 3 days should be totally fine. I mean you won't gain as fast but that's fine, you'll still be in shape and be healthy and you'll continue to make progress.

I went hiking today with my friend, we went off-trail and climbed up a really steep slope and had a hard time getting down... when we were done, my core was burning, my calves were burning, my arms/back were burning from literally pulling myself up this slope by small trees, and I had done about 2 hours of intense cardio (not to mention the rest of the hiking on the trail). Feels good, and way more fun than going to the gym. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.