• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Excellent news re psychedelic research in Australia.

There is also a psilocybin study starting at St Vincent’s hospital in Sydney in the near future. To see if is suitable as a cure for meth addiction.

There is also a psilocybin study starting at St Vincent’s hospital in Sydney in the near future. To see if is suitable as a cure for meth addiction.
Im guessing there must have been some anecdotal evidence in order to trigger a study?
I wonder what the mechanism is.

I think it’s the same principal as MDMA therapy. It’s really traditional talk therapy with a low dose psychadelic or empathogen to help you access your feelings and be more introspective and honest.

Which I guess means it’s mostly directed at addicts fuelled by some kind of trauma.

Yeah I guess you read my mind. Im not sure how successful an mdma therapy concept would work with someone who simply got addicted.
But thats what testing is for and hey maybe there is a "physical" interaction as well.

Actually maybe the psychological is the most important mechanism. I think of my own times giving up smoking and it was a matter of mentally preparing for a few weeks and then simply stopping. Unassisted self therapy. But it worked for me.

Assisted therapy in a clinical situation with psychedlics and professionally trained therapists.......... Thats a pretty strong mix.

Fingers crossed.