• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Excellent heroin documentary by HBO

Wait, the brunette stripper that seemed to be overjoyed with talking about the druggy lifestyle ended up dying during the docu?i don't remember that..

Yeah in the epilogue when they mention what all the characters were doing, it mentions that she od'd and died. 23 years old as I remember.

Only one that got to me was marrissa, she seemed the most one outta all of them that wasnt some spoiled brat...just sayin(i'm a spoiled brat probly) then when she finally stopped the tuff act and broke down =( she just needed some help, like methadone. And her family treating her like they did and the only one she had was her dad who she had to lie to not to worry them....sorrry the rest of them I didn't like. The guy who had the big nose, I liked him...seem like he might be a member here(don't heat your stuff!!) but the other hbo docutmentry got down to the knitty gritty of it(if you've ever been in San Fran, it's still like that) think this was to be about suburban white kids, cuz they aren't suppose to do heroin!!! Or that many, it's suppose to be like one or two kids outta suburbia that turn out to be the 'scum bag junkies'... but ya i like the orignial black tar one better.

Last edited:
It's funny, her style of talking about drugs...you see that with some people. In fact it's kind of how I talk about H in real life, on the one hand basically joking about it, recognizing the casual, everyday absurdity of it and the stupidity of "The Scene", but at the same time being able to recognize it as a serious, potentially life-threatening issue

I love making fun of drugs, the drug scene, even people who lose their shit on drugs, but at the same time if someone wants to commiserate with me about their struggles with substance abuse, that's definitely something that I'll respect and not make light of.

/\How you are able to make fun of others struggles is messed up IMO.

Anyone have any other good documentaries on the dope scene? It would be good to have a few in chronological order to see how the scenes changed over time.

You don't think it's funny to watch a tweaker carpet surf for a non-existent crystal endlessly?

I don't know, I think it's kinda funny. Also, read the second half of that sentence you cited.

assuming they had any potential to begin with, lol
How would you like it if I laughed at you for doing some junkie type shit as you wanted to be well on the excuse you have no potential? Your attitude right here is what causes the dehumanization of drug users. Everyone has potential and it is damn sad to see anyone throw it away. What is much more sad is the fact you and other people like yourself assume that those deep in addiction have no potential based on the fact they are addicted and not who they are. Don't judge a book by its cover applies here seriously.

Seriously burnt I just lost a major amount of respect for you

Well that depends. I'm a drug user/addict myself. If someone told me that my stupid behavior was partially my own fault, I wouldn't disagree with them.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with it. Usually I view drug use through a sardonic/nihilistic lense, as something humorous and farcical. I'm capable of talking about it seriously though. I used to believe pretty strongly in the mantra of "every person has value", but the more I'm around people the more I question that outlook, honestly.

It doesn't have anything to do with addiction, though. Some of the best people I've ever met have been addicted to drugs (some of the smartest, too). But, seeing as how I'm a drug addict, a large part of my social interaction occurs with other drug addicts (unfortunately), and many of them appear to be pieces of shit with little-to-no redeeming value whatsoever, and that's independent of drugs. That's just who they are as people. The drugs just make them act in funny (but more often irritating) ways. Again, nothing to do with addiction...you can find total reprehensible pieces of shit in every walk of life, from the boardroom to the bowery...I just comment on the world I personally know.

Yes the stripper died. I just dont get why so many of them die. Its got to be their dope. Obviously people die but it really does seem like more die there than other places. it's a catch 22 watching. So glad its not me anymore but watching the shooting up does make me squirm a bit. Wonder if Benjamin resurfaced!

Do you know how to download using a bit torrent client, like Vuze for example?

Seeing all them people shooting fat amount of ECP makes me sad where even the best dope here takes at least a quarter gram to feel it only being a rush if one waits till they are in the beginning grips of withdrawal. Shit I bet I could make 3-4 shots that these silver spoon fed babies are shooting up. They have no idea what a real addiction is.

The fact that the guy was selling .7 for a bill made me sad. Around where I live you'd be getting a great deal if you got .5 for a bill!

Heroin is expensive