• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Excellent heroin documentary by HBO

Damn, you have to pay (guess I should have known that). I was looking forward to watching this...

I didn't really think it was that good honestly. Although the stripper girl was funny, it's a shame that she died during the film's production.

I also find it funny that certain aspects of "heroin culture" are the same basically all over the USA.

I didn't really think it was that good honestly. Although the stripper girl was funny, it's a shame that she died during the film's production.

I also find it funny that certain aspects of "heroin culture" are the same basically all over the USA.

I agree, once u seen 1 heroin docu u seen them all..the early HBO undercover ones were very raw and gripping..

What kind of idiots tells the camera crew that they sell heroin?this has always baffled me..

I was thinking the same thing about the guy selling to support his habit. Granted he is no kingpin but still will be held responsible if one of his custies die! Talk about blowing up your spot! If the strike force wasn't on to him before I am sure they are now!

Am I the only one who thought this documentary had a booboo soundtrack? Like damn that music BLOWS compared to the previous black tar heroin documentary.

I was thinking the same thing about the guy selling to support his habit. Granted he is no kingpin but still will be held responsible if one of his custies die! Talk about blowing up your spot! If the strike force wasn't on to him before I am sure they are now!

Yeah exactly I just don't understand these guys..I mean why advertise what u are doing?

I thought it was OK but I've seen a ton of docs on the general NE area (Boston etc.) and damn do they have a ton of dope up there.

Last edited:
I agree, once u seen 1 heroin docu u seen them all..the early HBO undercover ones were very raw and gripping..

What kind of idiots tells the camera crew that they sell heroin?this has always baffled me..

Yes and I do enjoy learning about the struggles of others as if you have been their we are all of the same struggle so it always connects with me regardless of where they may be in life. I just hate how HBO loves showing people shoot up, if you have seen it once you have seen it enough. As an ex heroin addict its hard to have my mother, or my younger brother (also a former addict) walk in and see me watching it. Not that the graphic images of people shooting up bothers me, it doesnt, its how it looks watching it as a former heroin addict, everyone thinks it bother me LOL. The worst is the overdoses, as someone who has held someones lifeless body begging them to come back and wanting it to be me and not them, those moments hit hard.

the dope looks like shit up there too. It's no wonder so many people are dying. I've never seen all that left over yellow garbage in my spoon during my IVing days. I can't imagine what they are using to cut it. It must get stepped on a ton of times by the time it makes it up there. If i had to cook my dope to "clean" it i would not buy it. Maybe i was spoiled bc of the area i live in but my dope was always clear and amber. Whats more dangerous the cut or the dope? They seem to have a ton of deaths but the dope looks weak so it's kinda strange that so many people die there.

Hey is that one crackhead the basis behind Christian Bale's character in "The Fighter"? He said he used to be a boxer & fought Sugar Ray Leonard.

Dude... he's a crackhead.

And yeah it's crazy how many people died and how much they declined. They were doing 100 x what i'm doing. 10mg is plenty for me

Dude... he's a crackhead.

And yeah it's crazy how many people died and how much they declined. They were doing 100 x what i'm doing. 10mg is plenty for me

Did you ever see the film? Its about a crackhead in lowell massachusetts who used to be a boxer, and at one point fought sugar ray leonard. Based on a true story. In fact I'm pretty sure that's the guy.

Did you ever see the film? Its about a crackhead in lowell massachusetts who used to be a boxer, and at one point fought sugar ray leonard. Based on a true story. In fact I'm pretty sure that's the guy.

It is. Great Documentary.