• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Opioids Exactly how bad is shooting up pills?

svacheme3

Bluelighter
Well, tonight I felt the overwhelming compulsion to stick some sort of drug into my arm. It was that or blow my brains out it's been a rough few days (lost 5 grand gambling... and other extreme negative events).....

So i came into possession of 5 10 mg IR adderalls. One by one I crushed them up, filtered them and shot them.

about 100 cc's of water turned into 40 but seemed expected with all the left over residue in the spoon.

Now this is my first time ever shooting a pill, but nothing went wrong so to say, and I don't plan on doing it again but...

What's the real overwhelming fear behind this? I understand the sterility issues but I mean trust me your heroin, meth or coke from the street are a lot more tainted than the pills from this orange bottle.

Has anyone had personal or known personally someone who has suffered from IVing pills?
Some pills are worse than others. And in some ways worse than a lot of street drugs. The worst and most severe abscess I ever got, about twice the size of a golf ball, was after just a few days of shooting methadone pills, despite previously shooting many thousands of oxy pills without issue. Well, visible issue at least (besides the collapsed veins common to anything), because I trust science and that indicates that the insoluble binders and waxes bioaccumulate in the lungs and cause long term loss of function. I don't smoke anything, so can absorb a lot of that damage and still go on, but won't pretend it's harmless.

Adderrall is particularly terrible. Yeah you'll get away with it once in a while, but long term, you're going to come up against some problems like abscesses. If you miss and hit an artery, there's a much higher chance of blocking downstream capillaries or arterioles or venules (the very tiny blood vessels much much smaller than a vein) and causing localization nerve damage and potentially tissue necrosis.

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Damn dude that looks fucking awful.

Shit man, I already ordered 100 rigs off a website before I posted this. And I know once they get here I am going to wind up shooting the pills...

So with that being said, if I use a micron filter it will be relatively safe right? I've never used a micron filter before, just cotton and cig filters. so which kind of micron filter would be best for subutex? Like what rating or whatever? I want something that would be fine enough to get most of the fillers out and leave as much of the Buprenorphine in as possible. What would you recommend?
i want to specify... there are different micron filters and to specifically make sure anyone reading this doesn't mistake the correct ones the best type is the 0.22u Micron filter, the main differences is the filters allow for different filtration for different materials there is a variety because different chemicals are different thicknesses and different ones are filtered by different sized filters better, but the common process is to use a larger filter size, then filter the already filtered material with the smaller one. hope this helps. i highly reccomend the Sterifilt

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
Shooting pills is a fuckin bad idea man. If you do shoot the buprenorphine you'll be disappointed. When I was in a bad place and didn't give a fuck I shot some up. I didn't have any physical problems,but the buzz was meh. I felt a bit wobbly and had almost a bit of nystagmus and that was it,no point at all.

But shooting pills at all is s really bad idea. I had an old friend lost his arm through shooting up liquid temazepam,it literally conjealed in his arm,he was lucky he only lost his arm and not his life or worse ended up a vegetable.

If your that desperate then crush your pills up in water,take the pin out your rig and draw up solution,make sure your bowls are empty,lay on your left side,stick the rig up your ass about two inches and empty. This is as close to shooting up as you can get.

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Probably been mentioned a million times now but I don't understand the appeal of shooting up pills unless it's specifically one that has a euphoric boost when shot up (like morphine or dilauded). Eating them alone is extremely effective. I know that there is a cult following behind needle usage

If it's morphine then just learn how to plug it?

Last edited:

draculic acid69

Bluelighter
Probably been mentioned a million times now but I don't understand the appeal of shooting up pills unless it's specifically one that has a euphoric boost when shot up (like morphine or dilauded). Eating them alone is extremely effective. I know that there is a cult following behind needle usage, but there's too many complications mentioned from people who shoot up pills regularly and this action should only be done once in a blue moon.

I'm sure ppl who inject opiates are sure to follow this "advice"

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I'm sure ppl who inject opiates are sure to follow this "advice"
Lol I definitely know they won't. I have never shot up before so I don't know why people like it more that route besides with morphine. I think everyone's body is their own and how they take drugs is totally up to them. I know many people who begin to inject H start to use the needle to administer a lot of other drugs as well. It seems the needle itself becomes an addiction. Sorry I guess I did get a little too pushy about the topic

Last edited:

Wilson Wilson

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
Lol I definitely know they won't. I have never shot up before so I don't know why people like it more that route besides with morphine. I think everyone's body is their own and how they take drugs is totally up to them. I know many people who begin to inject H start to use the needle to administer a lot of other drugs as well. It seems the needle itself becomes an addiction. Sorry I guess I did get a little too pushy about the topic
Nah you are right on this, the whole routine of shooting up becomes part of the appeal for IV users, and an addiction in itself. The routines around drug use begin to release endorphins and whatnot in the brain and therefore make us happy by themselves before we even take the drugs. This is pretty universal. So if someone's routine becomes shooting up, they get a mental high just from that routine. They associate pleasure with the routine in and of itself.

draculic acid69

Bluelighter
Nah you are right on this, the whole routine of shooting up becomes part of the appeal for IV users, and an addiction in itself. The routines around drug use begin to release endorphins and whatnot in the brain and therefore make us happy by themselves before we even take the drugs. This is pretty universal. So if someone's routine becomes shooting up, they get a mental high just from that routine. They associate pleasure with the routine in and of itself.
I got a pound of weed once that was already chopped up (good hydro just destemmed and chopped and backpacked) and about half of the ppl I gave it to said there customers didn't like it or had problems with it one guy even came back to me red-eyed slurring saying it didn't get him stoned and wanting a refund.the other half said it was good stuff.i reckon it was great weed but some ppl who didn't have to chop it with scissors themselves felt robbed of the ritual I'm guessing and convinced themselves that it was the weed and not there pathetic need to go thru a ritual before ripping a cone.

User145667

Bluelighter
i want to specify... there are different micron filters and to specifically make sure anyone reading this doesn't mistake the correct ones the best type is the 0.22u Micron filter, the main differences is the filters allow for different filtration for different materials there is a variety because different chemicals are different thicknesses and different ones are filtered by different sized filters better, but the common process is to use a larger filter size, then filter the already filtered material with the smaller one. hope this helps. i highly reccomend the Sterifilt
Thanks for clearing that up brother

User145667

Bluelighter
Shooting pills is a fuckin bad idea man. If you do shoot the buprenorphine you'll be disappointed. When I was in a bad place and didn't give a fuck I shot some up. I didn't have any physical problems,but the buzz was meh. I felt a bit wobbly and had almost a bit of nystagmus and that was it,no point at all.

But shooting pills at all is s really bad idea. I had an old friend lost his arm through shooting up liquid temazepam,it literally conjealed in his arm,he was lucky he only lost his arm and not his life or worse ended up a vegetable.

If your that desperate then crush your pills up in water,take the pin out your rig and draw up solution,make sure your bowls are empty,lay on your left side,stick the rig up your ass about two inches and empty. This is as close to shooting up as you can get.
Lol I used to shoot up the orange octogan Suboxone pills back in the day. No rush but you get alot higher in my opinion. Was just wondering at that specific time just how bad it actually was health wise to shoot pills in general. I off'd that idea a while back but thanks for the comment brother

User145667

Bluelighter
Probably been mentioned a million times now but I don't understand the appeal of shooting up pills unless it's specifically one that has a euphoric boost when shot up (like morphine or dilauded). Eating them alone is extremely effective. I know that there is a cult following behind needle usage

Plugging opiates provides a baby rush to me with little or no high to look foward to (but plugging a small dose of opies before an IV or oral dose works great as a potentiator for some reason)....now amps...thats another story for another discussion lol. Sadly, I used to shoot MS contin (a substantial amount of times, too. I'm not too proud to admit it). Thickist shot ive ever seen. Beforehand I read it could kill you through pulmonary embolism or something... but at that point i could give a shit less about my life. It was really dumb cause i could barely get enough of that gunk to fit the rig for a descent shot anways. Decided to go ahead pop some later on and was like "why the fuck was i ever trying to bang these in the first place?" Lol. I was even younger and dumber (like 21) so there you have it. 'Was all about that needle at that particular time. Praise God I've survived some of the stupid things I've done (and still sometimes decide continue to do).

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Plugging opiates provides a baby rush to me with little or no high to look foward to (but plugging a small dose of opies before an IV or oral dose works great as a potentiator for some reason)....now amps...thats another story for another discussion lol. Sadly, I used to shoot MS contin (a substantial amount of times, too. I'm not too proud to admit it). Thickist shot ive ever seen. Beforehand I read it could kill you through pulmonary embolism or something... but at that point i could give a shit less about my life. It was really dumb cause i could barely get enough of that gunk to fit the rig for a descent shot anways. Decided to go ahead pop some later on and was like "why the fuck was i ever trying to bang these in the first place?" Lol. I was even younger and dumber (like 21) so there you have it. 'Was all about that needle at that particular time. Praise God I've survived some of the stupid things I've done (and still sometimes decide continue to do).
Yeah for sure! People who are pros at shooting up substances said that they never really encountered problems until they started shooting up pills.

It's just not a good idea to do regularly even if you're good at the chemistry procedure to breaking them down imo there still can be complications to not look forward to. Also, it's not like eating them or snorting them is really a hassel? Nobody likes to eat them besides me lol. I've always gotten such a thrill while swallowing something and being excited to wait for the effects :)

Hezman94

Bluelighter
I was sucidal and ditn filter a zomorph properly and skk. Popped it the lump was there for like a month luckily didn't get infected but pretty bad alot of fillers in pills

Zonxx

Bluelighter
I was sucidal and ditn filter a zomorph properly and skk. Popped it the lump was there for like a month luckily didn't get infected but pretty bad alot of fillers in pills
sounds more like you missed your shot too, thats gonna getcha all levels of fucked up, you need to get a proper setup to slam pills, and the most important thing of all, is a wheel filter (typically a luer lock one to avoid the issue of injecting any type of pill fillers) and if you're unsure if you're in a vein, you really should be flagging with pills because you can't fuck up unless you're using something persay like Dilaudid HCL and even then, i gotta stop typing about this or else i'm going to be thinking about it

STAY SAFE, AVOID NEEDLES WHEN YOU CAN
~ZONXX

Zonxx

Bluelighter

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Injected forty mg morphine nice rush but just lacked somerh g maybe the speed covered it up I got a good high maybe equivalent to 100 orally