Ex-officer: War on drugs 'far worse' than a failure

Mudshark;12250544 said:
pmoseman ,
after reading some of your comments in this and other threads , I am beginning to re-assess my belief in the notion of the cognitive harmlessness of recreational drugs ....

Or are you a bored pathetic individual with nothing better to do than troll and wreck one thread after another ??
Yes. And because you have said this aloud I will now vanish!

Troll vanquished.

Troll dropped small.bag.

A tiny troll-hunter sticker appears next on your bronze name tag with the tiniest little star.

-5 gold

You have a new class.
You are now a level 1 troll-hunter.
Ranged magic SARCASM has increased.

You found 5 gold.

Congratulations,
Level complete!

You found 0 of 0 bonus items.

You set a new record!
Time taken to complete Bluelight Dungeon:
296days, 2hours, 24minutes, 15seconds

Experience gained: -400000
Gold earned: 0

Do you wish to try this dungeon again?
Y/N

pmoseman;12214029 said:
Just because something isn't violent doesn't make it right.
In your opinion what makes substance use and abuse so morally wrong. Is it the shady dishonest behavior it sometimes may leads to what makes it wrong; what about when usage doesn't lead to that? Is it purely the act of artificially altering your mood and perception for fun, to help with depression and physical pain, ect what's wrong? Is it so bad that they deserve to same treatment as rapists and murders?

Is someone who use marijuana to help with cancer in a state were it is illegal more evil than a person who uses it for a far more minor condition in a state were medical marijuana is legal; or are these both the scum of the earth since it is federally illegal?

Should I go to prison for illegally self medicating with ketamine and marijuana for my debilitating arthritic and neurological conditions that cause unbearable constant pain every day of my life? Should I just suck it up and accept the fact that God gave me these genetic defects as punishment for my mom not being a Christian? Also what about my prescription narcotics which are far worse than allot of schedule I drugs; are they morally ok just because they are legal?

They are based on things you said and your opinions on drug use/users but it seems you're going to take the easy way out to try and avoid answering them since you have nothing to say.

These sound rather specific as if I had said them and now you want some sort of clarification on my opinion on people being evil shady scummy cursed bad people, none of which I have ever said.

The LEAP cop is saying and doing something very worthwhile...

This had the potential to become an interesting and informative discussion thread . Regrettably , pmoseman has appeared and wrecked another thread . I guess she is receiving some sort of gratification for doing this because it is very repetitive throughout many different threads - arguing , often senselessly , simply for the sake of arguing is contributing nothing whatsoever and is sooo annoying .

pmoseman;12250895 said:
Are these questions based on something I have actually said or are they really just statements?

You never answer or attempt to answer any hard questions.. the ones you do "answer" are just with cryptic nonsense that fosters your derailments.

I say we all totally ignore Pmose until they are able to back up why prohibition should be continued based on its past performance and accomplishments. .

...and yet again another worthwhile and interesting thread has been completely derailed by pmoseman.

Clearly , pmoseman , derailing threads on topics of significance is your objective ; please explain to us why you do so , time and again ....

Player 1 enters the dungeon.

Name: Mud
Class: Shark
Skills: TROLL HUNTER
Spells: SARCASM
Armour: Cloth
Weapon: Hands
Health: 5/15
Level 1 exp: -400000
charisma - 0
intelligence - 20
stamina - 7
strength - 4

You are standing inside the entrance to Bluelight Dungeon. Behind you stands a closed portcullis. There is a creature in the room blocking your path.

Cast ARCASM

Spell missed.

Creature attacks for 6

YOU HAVE DIED

You rolled a new intelligence: 5

Technically, drug use isn't illegal and never has been. Drug use is protected by the U.S. Constitution. We have the rights to pursuit of happiness and religious freedom, both of which are violated every time an infringing law is passed or a citizen is arrested.

Because the war on drugs provides law enforcement jobs, provides agency funding and affects local economies, the Feds aren't going to shut it down until our enlightened young people get together and force it to change by using their voices and votes.

I think thats quite a stretch. Using your logic, I could say we don't use the death penalty. After all, The US constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishment..

B
rastruck;12269024 said:
Technically, drug use isn't illegal and never has been. Drug use is protected by the U.S. Constitution. We have the rights to pursuit of happiness and religious freedom, both of which are violated every time an infringing law is passed or a citizen is arrested.

Because the war on drugs provides law enforcement jobs, provides agency funding and affects local economies, the Feds aren't going to shut it down until our enlightened young people get together and force it to change by using their voices and votes.
You've had a username for 4yrs and that, THAT, is your 3rd post? Unsure what's more ridiculous, that fact or the crap you just espoused about drug usage being legal. Drug usage de facto requires possession of drugs, which are illegal. I get the whole "constitution is the law of the land" and understand (and agree w/ you) that my right to happiness, if it so encompasses getting high at home, is protected by the constitution, but the reality of our society is that LAW is the LAW(of the land), and it says you can only use several drugs (mostly shitty ones, at that!)
And the reason drugs are illegal is not some DEA/LE/prison industry conspiracy (though each has some sway over upholding the status quo); the reality is that much of the populace doesn't agree w/ the illegal drugs (save marijuana) becoming legal; this is the point of it, hell if you're unable to see the correlation between the public's shifting attitude towards mj acceptance and the frequent (positive) changes in marijuana's legal status (medical or otherwise), you're missing the point.
/kinda on-topic: that^last point I made is why I fucking LOVE and have the utmost respect for mr. doblin and MAPS in general, because it's about shifting the public perspective paradigm; ppl are ignorant about drugs, and fear what they don't understand, particularly when the small amounts of drugs they are aware of, come packaged to them via the media in bad ways (not the media's fault, but sensationalism sells and an article about a crackwhore neglecting a baby gets more views than a piece on why needle exchanges are both humane and economically-sound) This is why i love spreading my own 'propaganda' (am I using that right?) via bluelight and other venues, to get the word out there, because the changes at the larger levels (policy levels) are directly related to public perception, since politicians (automatically and, some would argue, rightly-so) pander to the populace. So long as the populace wants drug users chained and caged, that's what the higher societal apparatuses(sp?) will do, so I sincerely view the 'fight' for acceptance not as an attack on those who profit off penalization, but as an ideological/philosophical discussion/debate amongst average citizens.
Apologies for any parts that were rambling, I've had a drink or two lol, but I think the point came across well enough :)

You've had a username since August 2012 and have made over 4000 posts? Judging by the size of this one, I'm surprised that you've had time to read the Constitution. The Constitution, FWIW is the supreme law of the land, not the laws passed in violation of the Constitution or the sentiments of people like you who get pissed off when people like me, in violation of the law of Infrequent Poster Opinion Restrictions, post something you don't like.

And for the record, I tried to create an account yesterday and found that I had created, and never used, the account I used to post three messages yesterday with.

B
sorry man didn't mean to rustle ur jimmies, but my point stands- the current laws DO prohibit what the constitution says re right to pursue your happiness, but that's the constitution and not the current laws. What are "laws" to you? To me, they're the thigns that the guys w/ guns and cages act upon, so you can talk all day about the constitution but in the end your statement of "Technically, drug use isn't illegal and never has been." is hollow at best, and dangerous at worst. It IS illegal, in that those responsible for the law (cops, judges/courts, and prisons) consider it as such. I get the abstract argument you're getting at (and agreed w/ you on it in my prior post), but surely you understand what I mean. It IS illegal, but that law does (IMO, and in yours, too) violate the constitution's guarantee of the right to pursue one's happiness.