• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Evil Spirits/Demonic Possession

Magickduck

Bluelighter
So, I've got this friend I believe may be possessed, or dealing with some type of evil entity. He is diagnosed as schizophrenic and has been in and out of mental wards, but I don't know....
he used to be involved with some weird occult shit, I once found him on the sidewalk sitting down cutting himself and putting the blood on a piece of gold... he later told me he was trying to get in contact with his ancestors, in the past he told me something about some random egyptian God...

His insanity is also infectious, I have seen others and have experianced myself a weird spiritual force around him... its ridiculous, he is a phenemenom.

he is a really good guy but also at times very dark. i mean he'd give you the shirt off his back but there's been times he is completely not there and walking around at a dance party saying twisted shit to everyone ("you like dark trips?", looking deep in someones eyes "i train you, yes i do", playing weird telepathic jokes on people)...
he is sort of telepathic and when in those states will say things to specifically target people and their thoughts they are having etc...

he used to fuck with my crown chakra alot and i would ask him to stop and I'd get tigly after he did it, it was weird, i also became extremely delusional and had weird shit fucking with me for a while, I don't blame him I had my own experiments in the occult and other shit, but I swear to god he'd like grab my hair and start twisting it and i'd ask him to stop and he'd be like "stop what?!"
i mean it wasn't my paranoia, even my girl once said "why does he do that weird shit to your chakras?"

he also will do weird shit like give you a bunch of crystals he will organize in a weird fashion (while he's completely insane mumbling shit about the devil, curses, etc)

at one point, we brought him to a music festival, we stopped in a town but he disappeared and we could not find him... we looked for days eventually went to the festival.
aparently he got his head run over by a truck and was in a coma in the hospital.. we went to visit they weren't sure if he was going to make it..

he made it through, there was a neurosurgeoun two cars behind him who saved his life, it was on the news and everything..

he stopped doing most of these things for a while, and was back to his normal self... though a bit less smart...
now anytime you talk to him of anything spiritual, ritual, he tells you to stop, he is now almost a born again Christian..

he was the most lucid i've ever seen him but slowly started to go crazy again, started lashing out again his frieends, being weird,
ended up in jail for 30 days due to violation of probation. when he got out, he was crazier than ever,
mumbling about knot magick while tieing knots, and talking about curses and handing them to me and telling me to give them to some girl i have never met (i cleansed the shit and buried it and I am protected against his shit anyway),

talking out loud to his ex-girlfriend from when he was 15, his brother, the devil, and God.

i am worried about him, he doesn't seem to be able to keep himself safe or take care of himself in any way. I know many will just say its schizophrenia but I don't know.... some of the things I've seen around him/he's said...

now here is the other thing. whatever force it is around him doesn't nessicarily seem bad, but there is something trickster-ish but benevolent in some way/teaches, but very dark.. i cant describe it

From personal experience the only way is to pray to Jesus for hours everyday (the Jesus prayer), fast for days, do the Eucharist everyday and hopefully he will come out alright. It is more about belief than anything else. One of the key things from my experience is to not interact with people at all for at least a few months.

I am not sure he is there enough as himself right now to desire to cleanse himself. And when he is lucid, he doesn't believe there to be any spiritual problem and is very arrogant about discussing it.

Not sure if he believes in a hell - thus no need for a Jesus - so not sure if he believes in Jesus other than as a brother and an amazing person who revealed to the Earth a loving God... not sure htough can only speak for myself.

It is getting to the point I do not think I can personally be around him right now. Not if he is going to be trying to do knot magic to curse other people and handing that shit to me.

Well to be completely honest with you, if the person is unwilling, then you have very little chance of changing anything. That requires the person himself.

It sounds as though he has fallen into the delusion of extraordinary spiritual power, most likely he has self-materialized power from other entities not of himself and they have taken over him. At that point the person is not likely to relinquish that power, other than forced admittance to a spiritually superior priest. (and from what you have said, it does not sound likely that he would be willing to see anyone...)

Last edited by a moderator:
well yes I believe him to be possibly a chaos magician in the past as in believing himself to be God almost in a solipsist way but to be honest i am not too sure what he believes nowadays as last I asked him, he said, no, I am not God.

I do know he understands many magickal concepts and ideas

see now personally, I am not sure I even believe in an "evil" or anything outside of ourself. I do not see what these things intents be but I want this kid to be safe. he used to think it was the annunaki God's he was talking to in his head..

Well the best bet is to find out what spiritual/cult teachings he has learnt so that you can communicate at a similar level; perhaps you could find rational ways to contradict his thoughts so that he may start to see that it is all but a delusion?

I can communicate with him, we understand similar concepts. I have trouble doing that as it is easier for him to confuse me at times than for me to unconfuse him, if it makes sense. I think he's got a new disorder called schizoinfective, haha. He is also very arrogant and at the moment is not even lucid enough to have a conversation about it.

Whatever he's got it is strong and intense and it can influence other people beyond just himself.

Of course he's not possessed he's suffering from schizophrenia.

He doesn't need Jesus he needs his medication ffs. And if he's taking any other drugs he needs to stop.

Yahweh damn people :!

He has delusions based upon spiritual teachings. What is the better option; to dialectically reason with the person and allow himself to get better or to prescribe him with countless pills in order to not solve the problem but to numb them instead?

I'd like to know what qualifications you have surrounding mental illness, pk.?

Sometimes people can't be reasoned with or talked out of issues - try telling someone with back injuries that pain is just a manifestation of the mind, they don't need painkillers..

Apart from a few courses in university, none quantifiable to your request. However you must take into consideration that this delusion is brought about by spiritual teachings. So if you are able to get the person to see that these teachings are incorrect you have a chance of altering that persons perception without the use of medication. If he is unwilling and his health is at risk, sure, stuff him with pills (but that is not going to solve the problem).

Hey I'm with you - Religion can really fuck with someone's head :p

But why do you think this is all because of spiritual teachings and not just the mind of a mentally ill person? It sounds to me much like the ramblings of a delusional schizophrenic.

I've seen the auras of schizoaffective people and they don't typically have entities in them. The tell tale sign of a schizo person is that their aura is murky, scattered, and non-uniform. There's no cohesive energy structure. There are many different colours in it but they don't really blend together well, and the colours themselves are more on the foggy/dirty side (they just don't look attractive). It looks like a lot of confusion. Sometimes there are cracks. Being grounded or ungrounded usually has nothing to do with it. Some people who have this aura have a lot of root (aura around their feet), while others are all upper chakra; but regardless, the scattered pattern is dominant. My assumption is that the grounded version would be more able to interact with the every day world despite any delusions, whereas the upper chakra variety would peace out for periods of time and not be relatable.

Your friend sounds like the upper chakra type... very psychic, perhaps clairvoyant, and thus he is more able to do higher level workings like rituals, and influencing others. Most people with too much upper chakra action have no boundaries because their lower chakras are not grounded, so they send their crazy energy outward affecting everyone. Usually only high level spiritual practitioners are very rooted but also have upper chakra action. If you yourself don't have a lot of grounding or firm boundaries, the morphic resonance of his crazy will affect you.

Some esoteric traditions believe that schizophrenia is due to the physical and astral bodies being artificially separated, and the two don't reconstitute together properly. In these traditions, physical and repetitive tasks are prescribed, like dancing, or simple menial tasks that one does over and over. I think this would work on the ungrounded type, but the grounded type probably not.

As for any darkness... an incohesive aura would inhibit most people from achieving higher vibrations. It doesn't matter how active his crown is, he won't be able to bring the kundalini energy down to the root (and thus his physical body) if his energy is so scattered. The long-term consequence of scatteredness is a lower vibration, which might make him inclined toward darker things. It's interesting that he got into an accident with his head being run over, and he survived. It's like something was trying to tune him down a notch, or even protect him.

I am in the process of healing my self - after that I will be working on my roots. I am currently overcoming my addictions first - I took care of my tobacco addition (32 days), and about to begin breaking my marijuana dependance. After that I'll have a plant medicine experiance and I'll begin working on my roots. I've been working on my upper chakras for a long time (heart and above).

As far as he goes, I wish there were something we could do to help him so he doesn't get hurt as the years go on.... I wish it were that easy..

I am in the process of healing my self - after that I will be working on my roots. I am currently overcoming my addictions first - I took care of my tobacco addition (32 days), and about to begin breaking my marijuana dependance. After that I'll have a plant medicine experiance and I'll begin working on my roots. I've been working on my upper chakras for a long time (heart and above).

As far as he goes, I wish there were something we could do to help him so he doesn't get hurt as the years go on.... I wish it were that easy..

Just as a warning to you, if you're an ungrounded person, psychedelic plants usually will unground you further - and if you've been focusing a lot on upper chakras lately, then even more so.

There are medicine people out there that could help your friend, but unfortunately there are a lot of charlatans to navigate who would give him harmful suggestions. If he wants to take the spiritual medicine approach, then he would need to somehow connect with a network that knows credible, effectual people. No easy task, but putting out the intention for it to happen would be enough. Since you practice chaos magic, you probably already have some idea about how to do that.

What is never mentioned in the OP nor in any of this discussion, and what I think is an important factor... is your friend currently using drugs or has a recent history of drug abuse?

Certain drugs have a significant impact on the psyche. What kind of history does your friend have?

Just as a warning to you, if you're an ungrounded person, psychedelic plants usually will unground you further - and if you've been focusing a lot on upper chakras lately, then even more so.

There are medicine people out there that could help your friend, but unfortunately there are a lot of charlatans to navigate who would give him harmful suggestions. If he wants to take the spiritual medicine approach, then he would need to somehow connect with a network that knows credible, effectual people. No easy task, but putting out the intention for it to happen would be enough. Since you practice chaos magic, you probably already have some idea about how to do that.

I am not as ungrounded as I used to be, personally, I am doing much better. Personally, I find mesc. cacti to be more focused on the root than most psychedelics... if you have experience with it I am sure you'd see what I mean.

and yes, the reason I posted here is yes I think he really does need help, but not from the mental wards, and yeah I am aware of all the charlatans... He doesn't nessicarily want to take any approach as to fix this as I am not sure he is even aware of the problem..

btw, I do not practice chaos magic, though others would class me as that, I am myself and nothing else, a being of love and stand for a force of benevolence in the universe.... i prefer the term 'starcraft' :p

What is never mentioned in the OP nor in any of this discussion, and what I think is an important factor... is your friend currently using drugs or has a recent history of drug abuse?

Certain drugs have a significant impact on the psyche. What kind of history does your friend have?
He is not really on many drugs, but he is always on drugs at the same time..? he doesn't trip anymore, refuses too as he is scared. he may eat a few fungi from now to then but very rarely. though he has probably taken more LSD than anyone I have ever met. nowadays he mainly just smokes pot..

He is not really on many drugs, but he is always on drugs at the same time..? he doesn't trip anymore, refuses too as he is scared. he may eat a few fungi from now to then but very rarely. though he has probably taken more LSD than anyone I have ever met. nowadays he mainly just smokes pot..

im sorry but this might be one of the best bluelight quotes ever. its right up there with faxing acid. :D :D I think ladies and gentlemen we have our answer! Case closed! XD

and yeah I am aware of all the charlatans... He doesn't nessicarily want to take any approach as to fix this as I am not sure he is even aware of the problem..

Are you aware that they are all charlatans?

I bet when he's most unresponsive, or delusional, is right after a fatty, huh?

Even if that's not the case.. He needs to stop taking drugs. If you want to help your friend then talk to him about stopping drugs. Cannabis (and psychedelics) and schizophrenia don't mix. Trust me.