• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

'Event' Drug Raids?

Juvenile said:
I can remeber a certain underage event being shut down early in to the night no more than two years ago. The reason for this the organizers said, was due to a large group of young people out side the venue, some of which were making very blatant transactions in full view of a near by police station.

haha yeah i was just about to mention that. I think there is even a video of it on the net. Starts of as just a video of the rave, films it closing down and also shows some of the ravers feelings towards the event shutting down. One of the guys is fully ranting and is quite amusing. =D

basix said:
^^ Please explain.

The only time you will see mainstream media at an event is when the police are going to raid it. Noone wants to cover the latest rave unless there is drug arrests made.

Originally posted by Juvenile
I can remeber a certain underage event being shut down early in to the night no more than two years ago. The reason for this the organizers said, was due to a large group of young people out side the venue, some of which were making very blatant transactions in full view of a near by police station.

its due to this reason that promoters do the no passout rule - people just hanging around looks bad and attracts attention.

Greetings all....I goto events in Brisbane a lot and the police presence their is understanding to a certain point. Lots of punters even have to make their way past the local cop shop to get to the events and they dont seem to make any fuss.
The cops leave pretty much everyone alone UNLESS...and heres the sticky point. If lots of ravers/punters leave the event at 12.30 (when the passouts are allowed) they go sick doing bag searches and following people in unmarked cars to the local carparks...where everyone appears to be on their way to topup/refresh their chemical of choice.
My impression (and feel free to argue) based on friends and discussion amongst other punters is they are trying to keep all the players (for want of a more diplomatic word) inside the event and monitored by event security staff....when they get upset is when they have heaps of chopped and rollin ravers exiting the events to hang round alleys and carparks and so they try to crack down and make life difficult.
IE they want all the ravers inside out of site and out of the public eye...
Least thats the local perspective from my eyes....
Just thought I would share my 2cents...

Welcome to Bluelight Loch, and thanks for your comments on the Bris scene.

Not being much of an attendant these days, I usually go on what is relayed through others and the ravesafe team. There's no doubt things have changed over the past year or so. I think you are correct regarding the police wanting to keep everyone inside the venue grounds. It sure makes their job- whatever that is- far easier. But I can't help but feel there's a greater plan. Well known promoters are finding the problems faced with approval to grow between every show.

Things are different on the north coast, which is possibly more reflective of a lack of outdoor events :\