• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Evaporating Ketamine Nasal Spray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp44god

Bluelighter
My other post about this got closed for some reason. Let me start by saying, I do not plan on abusing or misusing this substance in any way. I just would just like to have the actual hcl powder so I can dose as I see fit, because the spray clogs my nostrils and is wasteful.
With that being said, I have been prescribed ketamine nasal spray for depression. I presume its just ketamine hcl dissolved in some saline solution, but the bottle just says "ketamine 12.5mg/0.1ml NS" with no other information. Could I just empty the spray into a dish and let it evaporate to get pure K? When it dries in my nostrils, it leaves behind a white powdery substance, so I assume in theory this could work but I'm not sure and don't want to waste it because its very expensive.

If your older post got closed don't just repost it as if it's okay. It was closed for a reason and that was because we are not here to help you misuse your medication even if you're not trying to get high. That's a very rare medication and misusing it can not only fuck up your ability to access this medication, but many patients in the future because it is still a new medication considered high in risk of abuse. Don't fuck this up.... If it doesn't work for you talk to your doctor. As I said last time there's a reason that it's formulated for nasal use and if you want to know why go read the mods great explanation before closing the thread explaining why it's closed.

I'm now moving to report this thread

Just to add as I'm on the phone and editing is a bitch if the white powder is really a problem get a saline nasal spray and rinse your nose out 30 min after to clean out the residue after the ketamine absorbs. Really you're rationalizations just don't work

Just to add as I'm on the phone and editing is a bitch if the white powder is really a problem get a saline nasal spray and rinse your nose out 30 min after to clean out the residue after the ketamine absorbs. Really you're rationalizations just don't work

Wow, your the same dude who derailed this same post with the same BS arguments weeks ago. Please get off my nuts, and don't ever reply to me in any thread I make. I fail to see how using my prescribed medication in a way I see fit without misuse will ruin it for anyone.

Please explain in detail how me using this medicine as prescribed, just in a different manner, would ruin it for "many patients in the future". It is already very commonly prescribed in some states.

I'm not derailing I'm being straightforward honest. The ketamine is less effective orally as was said.... You yourself say it is expensive. Why would you want to use a ROA that is less effective? I've tried being polite enough, but seriously wise up and stop being a spoiled idiot. Use your esket as prescribed or tell your doctor to script you something else and make it clear that it's bedside you don't like powder in your nose as using ketamine nasal spray for depression is still very new. Don't make it look like the only people who use it are those who will use it in a way it's not supposed to be used, or in fewer words: those who will misuse it

I'm not derailing I'm being straightforward honest. The ketamine is less effective orally as was said.... You yourself say it is expensive. Why would you want to use a ROA that is less effective? I've tried being polite enough, but seriously wise up and stop being a spoiled idiot. Use your esket as prescribed or tell your doctor to script you something else and make it clear that it's bedside you don't like powder in your nose as using ketamine nasal spray for depression is still very new. Don't make it look like the only people who use it are those who will use it in a way it's not supposed to be used, or in fewer words: those who will misuse it

I don't want to use it orally, buddy. Whatever method of taking it is irrelevant. I just want the pure hcl powder itself so I can micro dose as I see fit. And it's not esketamine, its ketamine. You're obviously some holier-than-thou douche who thinks he's smarter than he really is.

Okay guys back to your corners, simmer down, enough for this round.

So MP is there anything you think you'll be gaining by powderizing your liquid? I mean besides losing a convenient measuring method? Purified H20, Na Benzoate/ benzalkonium Cl & .09 NaCl isn't a usual suspect for clogging one's nose and aside from the water will all still be there..

I think this still applies..

The bioavailability of the nasal spray is generally considered to be more than double that of oral ROA (45% vs 20% ). You'll waste more drying and capping it.

Also, please be less belligerent in your responses to others, even if you dislike what someone else is saying or think they're lecturing you.

I intend on using a smaller dose than the typical "2 pumps in each nostril" provides through insufflation. That way, it's not as intense, and it doesn't clog my nose.

Add some more H20, a simple solution that still maintains a volumetric measurability.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.