• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

European Drug Report 2021 - Incoming - Live Event - 9 June 2021

And I thought I was the only one who enjoyed reading those reports :LOL:
Nope. But we are in the minority.

I find them fascinating on so many levels. If nothing else: they put things into perspective i.e. reality vs. perception. And the changes in trends etc. are fascinating to me too. And they're invaluable insofar as harm reduction is concerned e.g. detailing purity, new adulterants being found, the list goes on.

The caveat with them all being that year-on-year the data gathering processes improve. And this could result in data being skewed. Take the champions of reporting i.e. the DEA. Their reporting is, by far, a cut above the rest. But it you take, say, 20 years of their statistical data it will show increases, in all aspects, in the numbers. But how much of that is as a result of better and improved data gathering vs. actual increases. Possibly both I'd say. But because we're dealing with illicit markets: it makes it that much harder to gather reliable data. Most is based on seizures, intelligence, from law enforcement data, etc. But I sometimes cannot help but think that we are presented with the tip of the iceberg as it were. Not because anything is being kept secret i.e. simply because they don't and cannot know. This all being said: I'm sure they employ the services of better qualified people than I of course and who, of course, are capable of extrapolation and interpretation of data in order to present a best guess estimate and scenario and based on more than simple anecdotal evidence.

Mind you: the above is not to underestimate them either. I'm in receipt of a report, for example, that indicates actual DNM purchases on a country-by-country basis expressed as a percentage of the total for a given year. Well how do they know? There's something to ponder.

Anyway. Maybe we can compare notes and discuss when it comes out.

Today's the day ha? I will not be able to be online much but could you @dalpat077 link a PDF of a report? That DEA report was quite informative. Especially the line "Heroin could become viewed as an adulterant for fentanyl.". Scarry stuff but it is good to know the actual trends. You could post it in EADD as that's the "most European" subforum on BL.

Job done.

All reports released.

See all particularly under the tabs "Publications" and "News" (link to website below).

Main takes from it all (I've not read any of the reports as yet):

Looks like benzodiazepines are becoming a huge, and dangerous, issue.

To me there's a disconnect (and which I mentioned on another thread earlier just this week in a fashion) i.e. they are reporting increased quality and quantity of the usual suspects, excluding Heroin (they are reporting higher purity but less quantity in the case of Heroin), but yet, and from what I gather, the quality on the street continues to worsen and adulteration is more prolific.

Ironically (this in reference to some of the threads around here) the purity and strength of MDMA has increased significantly.

Last but not least: you can remove the word "legalization", at least insofar as it pertains to the topic, from your vocabulary. It's not on the agenda! Not in your collective lifetimes I assure you.

Very nice presentation though. And great website (there's a whole lot more on it than just the new stuff released today particularly if you're even remotely interested in harm reduction that is).

Highlights of the report (with video content):

Based on last year's event: each speaker's contribution will be uploaded at some point.

Last edited:
Better to stock up on benzodiazepines before they try some game like they did in USA with opioids and 100mg morphine equivalence. Hope that they don't get some funny ideas because forced taper/withdrawal from benzodiazepines could lead to civil unrest. I can imagine a hoard of psychotic revolutionaries that demand 50mg diazepam daily as a basis for a new society and benzo utopia they are ushering in. Benzo people are not to be fucked with! When we start seizing the whole continent will become one giant earthquake. :ROFLMAO:

It looks like it is time that I take my 10mg diazepam pill and go read reports. Thanks, @dalpat077 , the bringer of all stats and Putin's propaganda! <3

Better to stock up on benzodiazepines before they try some game like they did in USA with opioids and 100mg morphine equivalence. Hope that they don't get some funny ideas because forced taper/withdrawal from benzodiazepines could lead to civil unrest. I can imagine a hoard of psychotic revolutionaries that demand 50mg diazepam daily as a basis for a new society and benzo utopia they are ushering in. Benzo people are not to be fucked with! When we start seizing the whole continent will become one giant earthquake. :ROFLMAO:

It looks like it is time that I take my 10mg diazepam pill and go read reports. Thanks, @dalpat077 , the bringer of all stats and Putin's propaganda! <3
My intention was not to provide a shopping list, wish list, or items for anybody's bucket list! 🤣 Just so that we're clear!

All jokes aside: be careful out there. There appears to be some very clever and knowledgeable and skilled people out there and they ain't stopping their experimentation or their turning a profit in order to bring you the next craze or the next (possibly deadly or worse) high. And they're evidently not short of test subjects otherwise they'd not be bothering. There's my harm reduction tip for the day! Shoot me! :)

Last edited:
My stash is and will be 100% straight from the shrink and pharmacy legit. I'm a pharma freak. :cool:

My stash is and will be 100% straight from the shrink and pharmacy legit. I'm a pharma freak. :cool:
You I'm not worried about i.e. you can take care of yourself! ❤️

It's the others that concern me. And which ironically and sadly (I'm guessing anyway) are not likely to be spending their days going down rabbit holes such as this and attending seminars on the topic nor reading about what's being put out there. And in many cases I'll wager that these very forums are their sole source of information.

So far as I can tell and when it comes to this type of (new) shit: it seems to take a 3-day blackout and a good clip around the earhole from an ER physician to prompt the question "what the fuck was that?"! No disrespect meant I assure you (to anyone).

Point being: with advances in technology and access to information etc. it appears to be becoming that much easier to tweak a little here and tweak a little there and see what happens. And it's caveat emptor ("buyer beware" for those not versed in basic Latin! 🧑‍🎓 🤣 ).

Is it even worth reading the report? DEA one was ok to read. Maybe just to glance over benzo warning report or is that shitty also?

Is it even worth reading the report? DEA one was ok to read. Maybe just to glance over benzo warning report or is that shitty also?
Well they're all worth reading I suppose. I'd have to say the benzodiazepine report is worth reading. Possibly more so than the full report. But the one below (there's two and the other one appears to be a 1 page summary):

This is a full and technical report:

This a mere summary:

Yeah, I have both reports downloaded, just didn't read them yet. That's why I'm asking. Thanks. :)

Here's the full recording of the live event (released yesterday i.e. 15 June 2021).

You'll note that I removed my (absolute masterpiece) of a scathing report in my post above and that's being updated. This done after I carefully considered the difficulties faced in data collection and collation from all EU member states (different efficiencies, different testing methods, different definitions, the list goes on). Point being: I think they're doing the best job they can under a less than ideal set of circumstances.

That's not to say the the report, and the data on their website, is lacking what to me is some very crucial information i.e. the purity of bulk seizures. It's a key element and for some reason it's not being disclosed. It makes no sense to me that Spain, for example, has the biggest number and quantity of seizures, yet on the street has some of the worst quality available when compared to other EU member states. I want to know what's being landed as it seems to me to be a logical starting point (in order to try and assess and track the points of adulteration). Yet such data is unavailable or, at very least, not being made public.

The above all aside: the language and nuances are important (in the video). The participants and the players do not have the word "legalization" in their vocabulary. So that notion ya'll can forget about. At least for the foreseeable future. If anything: the hard line stance on narcotics is here to stay (at least when it comes to the usual suspects, benzodiazepines, and NPS).

I have indeed, now, spent much time going through the data presented and am ready to present my findings (doesn't that sound all too fucking smart and educated huh! 🧑‍🎓 ). There's one or two current threads floating around where such findings may be applicable and shed some light on certain topics (adulteration being one of them).

Have fun.