• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Etizolam with Clonidine

Red Moon

Bluelighter
Are there any kinda (particularly harmful is what I'm worried about) interactions between etizolam and clonodine? I need to know this because I need the etizolam now more than ever (somehow managed to avoid getting involuntarily hospitalized in my therapy session today by ceasing to respond to her) and I'm supposed to start taking clonodine every night for anxiety and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. I didn't take it yesterday, so I can wait... But I'd rather wait until my zolpidem prescription comes in because I got the green light to take that with the clonodine from my doctor AND my pharmacist.

They both lower blood pressure, so it could cause hypotension. I couldn't ascertain whether you're addicted to etiz, but if you are, you should just take a maintenance dose

Thanks for the response. I'm not addicted in the standard way (I'm a binger, not a constant user). I'm just going to use what I have left of the Etizolam alone for sleep/stress. If my zolpidem script still isn't in yet by that time, I'll just take the clonodine alone.

If you're a binger how much etizolam are you planning to take ? As Slow_Mobius said, both will lower your BP

I had already taken about 40~ mg (please, nobody take such a dose unless you're crazy tolerant and just generally crazy like me) before making this topic, not to mention more earlier in the day. Can't remember the earlier doses. Frankly my blood pressure was probably overly high as a stress response at the time anyway... But either way, I chose not to take the clonidine yet.

Last edited:
That is an incredibly high dosage, are you sure it's pure etizolam? And at this dosage you might experience extreme withdrawal and seizures if you take that much for a few days

It's pure. I'm not concerned about seizures or withdrawals, though. Keep in mind I'm going to be taking clonidine (used to ease withdrawal symptoms for many drugs) and zolpidem (which I fully believe can cause seizures on withdrawal in it's own right; thus it can probably prevent them) as soon as my script comes in. This isn't the first time I've taken such extreme doses of etizolam, either. My tolerance skyrocketed fast since I first started taking it. And I do have more, and plan to taper down a bit while I wait for that script. Thanks for your concern, though.