• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam Tolerance Skyrocketed!

sturdychinfilms

Bluelighter
I have a naturally high tolerance towards benzos and I've been on Etizolam for about 6 months. I used to get the pills now I get the powder and make my own solution just because it's much cheaper. I used to only use about 3mg as a therapeutic tool since I suffer from severe anxiety, however there were a couple of days (maybe 4-6) where I used upwards of 20mg of Etizolam a day, mixed with weed and just to have a good time. Since then my tolerance has jumped enormously.

I would say that I need at least a 10mg dose to get the same 3mg dose anxiolytic effect. The thing that is troubling is that when i take xanax(which is prescribed) there was barely an increase in my tolerance, and I could take the xanax (2mg x 2/day) and be alright. That is what I am prescribed.

I was wondering if anyone has gone through this massive leap of tolerance to etizolam. If so could you share your experience and if you found a way to lower your tolerance. I am going to be tapering off etizolam starting next week, but i fear that that is not enough to bring my tolerance down.

Any insight would help tremendously.

Thanks,

Sturdy

I built a fast tolerance to etiz as well. It does nothing for me now. I think Valium blocks it to some degree, or my dose (70-mg day) overrides the effect. However, I've tried etiz 20 hrs post last Valium dosage a week or so ago at about 10-mg. Nothing but slight relaxation.

I threw the rest (2.5 grams!) into the fireplace on NYE. No more RC benzos for this cowboy. Going to start the Valium taper when I feel like I'm ready.

Etiz lost it's magic early on for me, but I already had been prescribed Klonopin 4-mg for eight years, maybe more b/f I tried etiz. I also probably overdid it several times, or dozens of times.

At least I don't feel withdrawals, I guess the Valium is covering the 2 to 3-mg/ day clonazolam habit I'd built up along with a modest, every few days bit of etiz.

So, yeah it losses it's magic for some.