• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam- Routine Breaks

BenzoVibes

Greenlighter
Hi, I have read the rules so please forgive me if I am posting incorrectly. I am trying to work out how often I can take Etizolam safely without suffering any WD or building up too much of a tolerance. I would ideally like to be taking 2mg, twice a week. How long could I do this for without suffering any WD when I decide to have a more sustained break to allow for a tolerance reset? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. My main concern is I would like to be able to ensure when I do have a genuine medical need for treatment of anxiety I will be able to feel the effects.

Your bigger issue is sticking to that twice a week schedule. Two mgs twice a week - 4-mgs a week total won't give you a habit that should cause w/ds beyond maybe a tiny bit of anxiety but I doubt it. Nobody can know, we're all different.

But... As I wrote you should watch the schedule, it's very difficult to stick to such a schedule with benzos. The only reason why I was happy to go to a clinic daily to get methadone when I stopped slamming heroin daily was controlled dosing ensuring I didn't crank up my habit and use my meds so I would run out. Ended up on 200-mg/day anyway, but that's a different story.

Twice a week, one dose etiz., shouldn't be a w/d liability.

Anyone disagree based upon experience? I'm not a physician, but I've been prescribed benzos for over a decade.

The only time I got anything resembling withdrawal was 2 weeks of 10mg/day use. Even then, it was limited to rebound anxiety and mild insomnia. Then again though I've never had a physical dependence to GABA-A drugs, which apparently can be a major factor. Even so speedballs is right, there is no way you are going to become physically dependent on 4mg/week.

christ i am on 16mg day plus at the minute and feel it the second i wake but once functionality is reached its a different world

Jeepers, im taking 20mg a day and if i try take a tolrrance break Im fooked! You'll be fine on what you are taking, wish i was back in those days xxx

Thanks for your responses I feel that clears up the WD issues nicely. How quickly would I expect tollerance to build up on the dosage and frequency I mentioned, I really would like to stay around that dose of at all possible. :)

I've been on Etizolam for a couple of years on and off, they actually work better when used regularly - they have reverse tolerance the medical studies say compared to other benzos. I felt no real withdrawals after a few months on them taking mostly one maybe two on a bad day. If anything it was just my normal state of worry returning. Everyone reacts differently and they are very moreish.

If you can get by using them for emergency use that's great, less is most definitely more with these.