• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam.(Propylene Glycol solution)

england1010

Greenlighter
hello
I am wanting to make a solution using etizolam and I think I know how to do it successfully but I really want to make sure not only because I don't want to waste it but I also do not want to it to be dangerous.
I am posting this for someone to hopefully tell that the way im planning on doing is the right way and if not what I should change.
I know there is a lot of forums about this and I have read pretty much everyone I can find but still can't seem to find a straight answer.

I am planning on using 450mg of Etizolam powder and 100 percent pure organic propylene glycol.
I want to do 2.5 MG for every 1 ML and using a very precise scale to weigh it out.

Step 1- measure out 180 ML of propylene glycol and 450 mg of etizolam.
Step 2- add propylene glycol to glass bowl
Step 3-Add etizolam to propylene glycol
Step 4-stir solution untill all powder as dissolved and propylene glycol is uniform.
Step 5-Add solution to a glass vial and shake before measuring out a dose.

is it this simple or is the wrong way to do it?
any feedback would be great.

I believe it's against the site rules to talk about preparation like this.

Besides, what are you trying to dissolve it in a propylene glycol solution for? Transportation, IV use, vaping? Is Etizolam even soluble in Propylene Glycol?

I believe it's against the site rules to talk about preparation like this.

Besides, what are you trying to dissolve it in a propylene glycol solution for? Transportation, IV use, vaping? Is Etizolam even soluble in Propylene Glycol?

Thanks for the heads up, but I have seen posts that are similar to this that haven't been a problem.i could be wrong though I guess ill find out.

Im wanting to make it easier to dose so im not trying to weigh such small doses.And yes I know that etizolam and alprazolam (not sure about other benzos but I think those are the same) are not water soluble and propylene glycol is the best bet when it comes to this.

I used to put 200mgs of Etizolam in 100mls of propylene glycol. I'd put a 1/3rd of the PG in the vile then dump in the Etilzolam, once it is in the rest of the PG over top. After that I'd put the lid on and I would shake it and add small amounts of heat with a Bic lighter till it dissolves completely. This whole process doesn't take much time. Never noticed any damage being done by the heat just don't hold it in real long at once.

Each ML is 2mgs and I'd measure with an oral syringe.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up, but I have seen posts that are similar to this that haven't been a problem.i could be wrong though I guess ill find out

This is fine. Volumetric dosing is encouraged for potent compounds like etizolam.

thank you for the reply.did you feel that each ML dose was accurately 2mgs?

Yes it was accurate, I used a properly calbrated scale. I'd make 5 viles at a time, it's so much cheaper this way than buying pills. I was addicted to etizolam for a long time, towards the end I was consuming around 20mgs a day. It's easy to allow the habit to go out of control when you have 1000's of mg's of thieno/benzodiazepines in your safe...

But I control my use better now, that withdrawal tought me a lesson. Be safe my friend and enjoy yourself, I still love benzos. They are one of my favorite classes of drugs.

~Charlie

Last edited:
so over all would you say the way I plan to do it is gonna be successful?I have made solutions in the past but I feel as If when I have it hasn't came out like it should.
Yes ther are pros and cons to using raw bento powder, obviously the price is a huge difference and if you enjoy benzos or for me at least I rely on them it seems silly to not invest in it but at the same time it can become dangerous if you get out of control with it.It is crucial to remember how bad withdrawal symptoms are from benzos and to not let you tolerance get out of control.

thank you for replying it has been hard to get any straight answers about this stuff even though ther are plenty of threads on it.

I would straight up not use proylene glycol and use some everclear or barcardi 151 instead.

I tried the whole propylene glycol thing with alprazolam powder at first, it ended up clumping and it took for ages and repeated heating / shaking over days to disperse. I have no idea if it actually ever completely dissolved, as there would always be some settling to the bottom and it would be of cloudy appearance. Now when I did the same thing with Barcadi 151 instead, it went into solution with a little heat / shaking within minutes, and, more importantly, stayed in solution with no sediments or cloudiness. 1 ml of alcohol is completely negligible when dosing benzos. I feel like using propylene glycol is just making your life harder. It's also sort of yucky on top of the bitter taste of benzos.

Is there a specific reason why you want to use proylene glycol over high proof alcohol?

no specific reason really.i have just heard its what works best and what I have used in the past.maybe thats why I haven't felt like the previous times worked so well.
I have heard about using high proof alcohol but always though that using PG is superior.I will defiantly look into though.

I'm not sure why PG would be considered best. The solubility of most benzos in alcohol is significant and from my own personal experience it is the superior solvent.

Ugh, am I the only one horrified by ingesting PG in any way? I won't even use it topically. Please use ethanol! PG can have a lot of nasty effects.

While PG isn't "pleasant" it would def suffice for this purpose. All of the Etiz solutions for sale are in PG as well. A PG/EtOH mixture seems like a good compromise if you want something highly concentrated.

The potential for long-term oral toxicity is also low. In one study, in 1972, 12 rats were provided with feed containing as much as 5% PG over a period of 2 years, and showed no apparent ill effects; no data on offspring were offered.[34] Because of its low chronic oral toxicity, propylene glycol was classified by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration as "generally recognized as safe" (GRAS) for use as a direct food additive, including frozen foods such as ice cream and frozen desserts. Propylene glycol is also used in various edible items such as coffee-based drinks, liquid sweeteners, whipped dairy products and soda

In contrast to ethylene glycol, a potent cause of acute toxicity in humans, propylene glycol is a “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS) additive for foods and medications. Propylene glycol rarely causes toxic effects, and then only under very unusual circumstances.

Absorption of propylene glycol from the gastrointestinal tract is rapid: maximal plasma concentrations in humans occur within 1 hour after ingestion.

Metabolites

Propylene glycol is metabolized in the liver by alcohol dehydrogenase to

*lactic acid, and then
*pyruvic acid

Both of these metabolites are normal constituents of the citric acid cycle and are further metabolized to

* carbon dioxide and
* water

About 45% of an absorbed propylene glycol dose is excreted by the kidneys unchanged or as the glucuronide conjugate.

Half-Life

The elimination half-life of propylene glycol is about 4 hours.

In the general population, propylene glycol exposure occurs primarily through ingestion of food and medications and through dermal contact with cosmetics or topical medications. Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in cosmetics and pharmaceuticals, in various formats

*oral
*injectable
*topical

For example, it makes up 40% of intravenous phenytoin (Dilantin) and other injectable medications (Meditext 2004).

No adverse health effects are likely to occur from normal use of these products.

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/csem.asp?csem=12&po=14
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

Last edited:
Years ago I made 10+ bottles of 100mg in 10 ml of PG. So .1 was 1mg. Although I did have a bit of trouble getting it to dissolve. Ended up taking the front case off a fan, and pointed it straight up so it was blowing towards my ceiling. Then attached my glass vial with the solution in it with tape to the center platform that the fan blades connect to. Then I dropped in 2 metal bbs from a bb gun, put the lid on and let it rip for about an hour. The metal bbs would crash around like crazy constantly mixing the solution.

After doing this everything was 100% dissolved and never separated even over a year after. I just always have it a good shake before taking any out just to be safe.

If you have a fan give it a shot, but obviously be extremely careful around kids and animals with this. Keep your hands away from the blades and under no circumstances do this while high on any benzos, don t want to lose a finger or hand.

It's never taken more the 20mins to prepare a vile start to finish using the PG and having it all dissolve. I honestly didn't even know people had so much trouble cause it was always a smooth process. Doesn't have a bad taste IMO and I hold the solution under my tongue anyways.

It kicks in so fast when you use this sublingually that it's my preferred method for that reason also. Should be shelf stable for years from what I've researched. But due to me being a drug pig it never stayed around that long. I'd give it a try and if it doesn't dissolve easy start adding high proof ethanol to the solution till it does I suppose.

I've always thought that it was generally safe to consume it in these sorts of amounts. The stuff is in all different types of foods and medical products. I'd personally consumed quite a bit of PG and haven't noticed any health issues that are related. But who knows what type of data might appear down the road, since it's accepted for medical applications though I personally believe it is fine.

Last edited:
Ugh, am I the only one horrified by ingesting PG in any way? I won't even use it topically. Please use ethanol! PG can have a lot of nasty effects.

Nothing to worry about. It's even in a lot of foods, likes sauces etc. You've all ready been eating it and you didn't even know! ;) Just make sure you buy food grade, even if you didn't it would probably be okay.

It's also the base for e juice. I've seen many videos of people tasting a drop of two of e juice to see if they like the flavor. And have never heard of anyone getting bad effects from it. Although swallowing nicotine probably isn't to wise.

And op, you shouldn't have any issues at all with 2.5mg per ml. If you do which I highly doubt, try to put it in a glass container and run it under some warm water from the sink. I did have issues when making mine but my was a few times stronger than the solution will be.

What's e juice? I most definitely do not consume PG except on very rare occasions in meds. I read the ingredients on EVERYTHING & am extremely strict. I also make nearly everything I eat from scratch, if not homegrown/homeraised.

I realise PG is 'GRAS' as are many yucky things like artificial colours etc. Doesn't mean it's truly healthy. Yes I'm a health nut. PG is not considered safe by the 'natural cosmetics community' which isn't nearly as strict as I'd like. I personally am sensitive to PG & a few other similar glycols, especially topically, and I'm far from the only one.

I'm not claiming PG is truly dangerous but I do not consider it wise to use when other options exist.

What is E-juice?

E-ljuice is the liquid vaporized in your e-cigarette and is comprised of VG (vegetable glycerine), PG (propylene glycol), nicotine, sweetener and flavor concentrates. They can have varying nicotine strengths depending on your specific needs. The VG/PG blend varies as well - VG gives you bigger clouds while PG gives you more flavor and a throatier hit so it comes down to if you are a cloud chaser or if you are someone who wants a flavor blast and a throat hit reminiscent of a cigarette.

For the discerning vaper, choose PG for that refreshing "Throat Hit" 8)

does it have to be ever clear or 151?
and with this could I potentially make a solution that is 10mg per 1ml?