• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs ETIZOLAM for sleep only

Twofaced

Greenlighter
Insomnia for 2.5years since stopping ssri meds, and I realised that I’ve been using 2mg nightly of etizolam for sleep with change in sleep patterns or early wake ups etc, one of the main things of noticed is I still dream the as much before my ssri days , I’m suprised no tolerance has built up , it’s not used for any other purpose then sleep and I try to take same time 9pm and by 10pm I’ve had messages on my etc so I guess it takes a hour to work , I’m far from pushing meds, but consistently sleeping is better then insomnia .
I won’t name brands other then etizolam

Na much safer those one are strictly for sleep there's also doxepin and seroquel Seroquel at 450 mg works great for my sleep

Benzo addiction is worse than a heroin addiction so remember that first 10 nights u need 1mg then next ten days that don't work so you go up n up n then your hooked

At least that's how it went with everyone I know including myself

Just my opinion

I’ll look into them except serequal that’s bipolar medication isn’t it ?

It's actually for schizophrenia but is prescribed off label for sleep it's an antipsychotic

It's actually for schizophrenia but is prescribed off label for sleep it's an antipsychotic

I don't think seroquel is all that useful for full-blown schizophrenia, since it mostly lacks the ability to block dopamine receptors. On the other hand, its ability to block serotonin receptors does make it a popular, relatively well-tolerated mood stabilizer.

As a sleep med it is often overkill though, unless your insomnia is related to other mental health issues (the drug is commonly used as an adjunct to SSRI treatment in anxious depressive patients).

Yeah Seroquel is massive overkill for sleep.

Ambien (zolpidem) is a z-drug designed just for sleep and although it's GABAergic just like etizolam and regular benzos I've found it causes much less problems with addiction (likely due to it being very selective for specific sub-receptors) and it is very effective for sleep.

That said, using absolutely any drug every night for sleep will cause issues down the line when you come off it. Perhaps the least problematic option would be a sedating strain of cannabis. But any pharma sleeper is going to cause a level of dependence if used every single night.

Since your insomnia only cropped up after using SSRI's maybe it's a good idea to try tapering down the etiz dose then seeing how well you sleep without anything. If you've been doing this for a while hopefully you've gotten over all SSRI withdrawal and can sleep normally.

Seroquill is great for sleep I also take an ndri

Seroquill is an antiphycotic and schizophrenia it works great for insomnia

It's not a cure by any means

Also another antiphycotic that works for sleep and schizophrenia it's called doxepin I thing that how you spell it

I currently take 1350mg of lithium carbonate
I take Wellbutrin xl 150mg
And 450mg of Seroquel

Last edited:
Yeah Seroquel is massive overkill for sleep.

Ambien (zolpidem) is a z-drug designed just for sleep and although it's GABAergic just like etizolam and regular benzos I've found it causes much less problems with addiction (likely due to it being very selective for specific sub-receptors) and it is very effective for sleep.

That said, using absolutely any drug every night for sleep will cause issues down the line when you come off it. Perhaps the least problematic option would be a sedating strain of cannabis. But any pharma sleeper is going to cause a level of dependence if used every single night.

Since your insomnia only cropped up after using SSRI's maybe it's a good idea to try tapering down the etiz dose then seeing how well you sleep without anything. If you've been doing this for a while hopefully you've gotten over all SSRI withdrawal and can sleep normally.
Yeah I’ll go to 1.5mg I could be taking it for no reason and don’t even realise , I’ll taper 1/2mg each month

I have been using Etizolam and sometims Fluapraziolam (which completely knocks you out) for about 6 months now - 2 - 4mg/night for sleep. I know it is a bad idea but I just need to sleep. A lot of my problem is caffeine usage; I drink too much and frequently 1 cup after dinner in eve because I tend to feel down after eating, and usually have to get some work done, like an upate due for work the next morning. So far no problems but I am thinking that eventually there will be, or, I will have to taper off and then go for sleep study to try and find how to get some sleep. And cut out the caffeine!

I have been using Etizolam and sometims Fluapraziolam (which completely knocks you out) for about 6 months now - 2 - 4mg/night for sleep. I know it is a bad idea but I just need to sleep. A lot of my problem is caffeine usage; I drink too much and frequently 1 cup after dinner in eve because I tend to feel down after eating, and usually have to get some work done, like an upate due for work the next morning. So far no problems but I am thinking that eventually there will be, or, I will have to taper off and then go for sleep study to try and find how to get some sleep. And cut out the caffeine!

Yeah this will eventually catch up with you trust me. Also 2-4mg of either of those drugs seems like overkill just to help you sleep from being wired on caffeine, unless you have already built a tolerance.

Does Fluapraziolam come in tablet form ?

Flualprazolam is a designer benzodiazepine commonly sold as tablets by research chemical vendors (although they refer to the tablets as "pellets" so as not to imply that these are for human consumption).

It is also being used as a substitute for alprazolam in counterfeit xanax bars, so that's another way it comes in tablet form.

Flualprazolam is a designer benzodiazepine commonly sold as tablets by research chemical vendors (although they refer to the tablets as "pellets" so as not to imply that these are for human consumption).

It is also being used as a substitute for alprazolam in counterfeit xanax bars, so that's another way it comes in tablet form.
Does Fluapraziolam come in tablet form ?
I dunno, the vendor from whom I purchased my Etizolam, in powder form, just included as The Fluap as extra, like a gram off powder for free. I guess playing the "pusher man" getting me addicted. It is more powerful and effective or sleeping. After taking it, within a 1/2 hour while sitting at computer, I will just lurch out of a stupor.... I just fell asleep sitting there... then I will give up for night and pad off to bed.