• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam eye blepharospasm

muskolo

Bluelighter
I took 2 blisters of etizolam over the course of 4-5 days over 2 weeks ago and have had an irritating eye twitch ever since. I know this is directly caused by the etizolam and others have experienced this as well when searching, including people from bluelight. I remember having something similar happen a few years ago after taking etizolam only it was my nose that twitched. However, I do not recall how long it lasted and couldn't find anyone following up after their post to say when it stopped for them.

Anyone have any experience with this and could tell me how much longer before the blepharospasm goes away?

Last edited:
If you stopped taking etiz it should go away soon. I've had lots of experience with etiz and have had weeks where my eyelid will twitch off and on. It usually just goes away but I thought I had heard that some cases of blepharospasm can be permanent and they get treated with some injection, like a botox injection.

EDIT:Go to your doctor if you've been having this symptom for more than 2 weeks after stopping etizolam. That's just what I would do.

I experienced this on my etiz, about 3 or 4 years ago.
I feel your your pain - it sucks.

It did go away when i stopped taking etizolam. Hold in there - and cease taking it if you havent already.

Thanks! I haven't had any etizolam since I stopped 2 weeks ago. Hopefully it clears up soon, I'm just hoping it goes away on its own and I don't have to have a doctor look at it.

I haven't experienced this myself, but I also wasn't on etizolam for very long (2 maybe 3 weeks). It always just felt like a poor substitute for benzos for me, though I know others would disagree. Either way, that's a fairly scary symptom. I hope it clears up for you and good warning for other etizolam users!

I haven't experienced this myself, but I also wasn't on etizolam for very long (2 maybe 3 weeks). It always just felt like a poor substitute for benzos for me, though I know others would disagree. Either way, that's a fairly scary symptom. I hope it clears up for you and good warning for other etizolam users!

Yeah, I actually only took it for those 4-5 days and for a few days weeks earlier. Apparently it doesn't take much to cause this side effect.