• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam/ Etizest concerns

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi, lately I have been using roughly 2mg - 4mg of these per day for the last couple of weeks. I have a day off maybe once a week.
I plan on slowly stopping to take these over the next couple of weeks with a slow taper, dropping to 1 - 2mg per day.
My concern is will I suffer from substantial withdrawal symptons? I have also heard of the possibility of seizures from Benzo type drug WD's, now this worries me slightly as I have suffered a Grand-Mal seizure in the past from Amitriptyline/ Tramadol use. (10mg Ami - 200mg Tram).

All help appreciated,

Cheers.

In my opinion and experience, I think you'll be fine. I've ABUSED etizolam in the past and cold turkeyed with minimal wd symptoms besides insomnia. I was taking up to 10mgs a day at one point before bed time. Etizolam is an interesting drug, it one study it compared the effectiveness to xanax and bromzaepam and the conclusion was that the etizola became more effective after 4-6 weeks and actually caused an up regulation of specific sites in the brain.....How do you feel when you take a day off?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I feel fine apart from a little anxious. Which for somebody who suffers from little to no anxiety at all causes me a little more distress than most people i guess.