• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam Dependence

infectedmushroom

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

Given Etizolam is a short acting drug, if I don't take any and have no withdrawal symptoms after 48 hours, is it safe to assume I haven't developed a physical dependence yet? Compared to other short acting benzos, Xanax especially and even Lorazepam, I found when I was dependent I would get noticeable WD symptoms within 24 hours. I'm only using the Etiz at lowish doses - 0.5-1mg daily, once a day, and not daily, I have 24-48 hour breaks every few days.

Cheers

Yea it's fair to assume if you havent had any W/D's for 48 hours that you haven't become addicted to it also if your using it at that dose that often w/d prally wouldn't even be noticable

Thanks for your response, I thought as much but wanted to get a reality check because I know benzos can be deceptive beasts.

I would say you may have some degree of physical dependence brewing if you are waiting at most 48 hours between dosing.

Personally, ive found that etizolam withdrawal peaks around day 4-5. If you think you're in the clear at 48 hours, you might not be. Ive had benzo withdrawal that is almost imperceptible but hits hard days later. With heavy enough however, I can certainly feel it at 48 hours after.

Point is, no clear withdrawal symptoms at 48 hours is not a good predictor that a withdrawal syndrome (or at least, a protracted period of rebound anxiety/insomnia) will eventually manifest.

Interesting. I've never had the experience of imperceptible WD symptoms with any benzo whether short or long. If I'm dependent, by 24 hours without another dose symptoms become very clear. That being said, I think you might be right - I'm going to extend my experiment and try wait for 72 hours this time around. Thanks for your response.

Its strange, sometimes ill have two unique syndromes after using etizolam. Around 24 hours after I'll feel that weird skin burning feeling along with some physical anxiety, which will fade away. Then ill sleep fine for a few days, and about 4-5 days ill have an absolutely sleepless which will be followed by a few days of anxiety, dissociation and depression. The first is like a rebound physical syndrome, where the second one is more psychological.

Very interesting ... I'll see how I'm going on days 4-5 then, and see if I have a similar experience to you guys.

Definitely developed some mild WD symptoms. Sleep quality decreased slightly and a little more irritable than usual. Luckily I was only taking it for a few weeks - definitely gonna dry out now and wait for a while.

It seems I'm pushing this drug, but I think the OP would benefit from hydroxizine if there are any mild w/ds. Non-dependency forming, very safe drug - but there are some interactions with other compounds so that has to be considered.

It's been helping me taper high dpose benzos (4-mg clonazolam or eq./day). I'm much more comfortable with 50-mg of hydroxizine in my system than without it and it cuts the cannabis anxiety to almost nill. Allowing me to smoke to help with sleep - a lot.

I've been on benzos everyday for 4 years I beat opiates mutiple time, but I can tell you don't do benzos everyday for a month is all it can take for withdrawal to happen of everyday use I use Etizolam, Xanax and Valium I got prescribtion of Xanax and Valium plus I have a good hook up, my home girl presses Xanax bars and uses all the exact ingredients as real alprazolam pills so I think that was a an amazing break through and she sells a lot of them they look real u can't tell the difference if u had them in a pill case that said alprazolam on them the cops would put them back no doubt lol

But benzo withdrawal is the most painful worst experience I put my self into benzos are used for short term used As band aid, for less then a month or just a monthly prescribtion , but I didn't know and one day I said hey I don't wanna take my alprazolam today 2 days after stopping I was having brain comprising couldnt sleep and ended up having a seizure, I never had 1 before I had 3 more seizures as my benzos career got bigger the doctor didn't car an put me on it for years straight then retires from the medical field it's taking me a year to get a psychatrist.

So my methadone dr proscribes me 21 alprazolams for the week, and I get 30 day Valiums from my family doctor, for longer lasting effects

There's a lot of really interesting stuff in this thread here. I've been addicted to Xanax in the past for a couple of months and my Peak usage was about 5 mg to 6 mg a day for probably about the last 30 days of my 60 ish-day experience. (On closer thought... maybe more like 75 ish days... its fuzzy)

Within about 12 hours of my last dose, I could feel the anxiety setting in and it would just start to amplify just like some kind of resonance frequency, it got so bad to the point where I was tweaking out as if I had just smoked a whole 1/2 gram of gak. Fidgeting, couldn't sit still, depressed, couldn't think clearly, definitely couldn't sleep. This all occurred because my dealer all the sudden ran out and his goof ass couldn't figure out how to re-up in time to keep all of his addicted customers satisfied. So anyways, it was a godsend that my dealer was a fucking goof. Withdrawal lasted for probably about 14 days, during which time I had intense cravings, pretty much the only thing that really mitigated the anxiety and crazy brain zaps was just training at the gym and getting some exercise in, hitting the sauna and that seemed to really help reset everything. I felt way better after training every single time so that has a big adjunct to any withdrawal reginin for me.

Etizolam on the other hand, I've been using on again off again, for what seems like probably three months and I can just stop at any point, and not experience any withdrawals. I can stop using it for 10-14 days, nothing. And my typical usage is about somewhere around 0.5 to 2.5 mg, whenever I feel stressed out. I'm really neurotic about my blood pressure and I eat a very particular diet to keep it in check, but without fail nomatter if I've taken drugs or not, stressful situations jack up my blood pressure. Sympathetic nervous response symptoms start to set in, and the easiest way to get it back down is either to go train, and drink some water. But if that doesn't do the trick, or I have no time to train, Etizolam is my "go to". Tolerance never seems to be an issue, I don't find it very "more ish" and I always have the threat of having a difficult awakening the following morning to keep my dose in check (I like to be up between 3:30 and 5 AM).

Just my personal experience I guess. If I give it some careful consideration I think there had been one time where I was on it for a pretty steady couple weeks, and cessation of it give me a little bit of General rebound anxiety, but absolutely nothing like I experienced with Xanax.

It's like the difference between fentanyl withdrawl and marijuana withdrawal for me. Xanax was so much worse, but coming off any convenient GABAergic has its pitfalls. Hell people even say stopping phenubit is a hard time. We're all individuals with unique chemistry, all I can say is that if you are coming off and you are having issues with falling asleep, try to do some kind of exercise regimen that'll tucker you out, so that you can get some sleep. It fucken helps a lot, trust me.

Also, tapering.

There's a lot of really interesting stuff in this thread here. I'vei been addicted to Xanax in the past for a couple of months and my Peak usage was about 5 mg to 6 mg a day for probably about the last 30 days of my 60 ish-day experience. (On closer thought... maybe more like 75 ish days... its fuzzy)

Within about 12 hours of my last dose, I could feel the anxiety setting in and it would just start to amplify just like some kind of resonance frequency, it got so bad to the point where I was tweaking out as if I had just smoked a whole 1/2 gram of gak. Fidgeting, couldn't sit still, depressed, couldn't think clearly, definitely couldn't sleep. This all occurred because my dealer all the sudden ran out and his goof ass couldn't figure out how to re-up in time to keep all of his addicted customers satisfied. So anyways, it was a godsend that my dealer was a fucking goof. Withdrawal lasted for probably about 14 days, during which time I had intense cravings, pretty much the only thing that really mitigated the anxiety and crazy brain zaps was just training at the gym and getting some exercise in, hitting the sauna and that seemed to really help reset everything. I felt way better after training every single time so that has a big adjunct to any withdrawal reginin for me.

Etizolam on the other hand, I've been using on again off again, for what seems like probably three months and I can just stop at any point, and not experience any withdrawals. I can stop using it for 10-14 days, nothing. And my typical usage is about somewhere around 0.5 to 2.5 mg, whenever I feel stressed out. I'm really neurotic about my blood pressure and I eat a very particular diet to keep it in check, but without fail nomatter if I've taken drugs or not, stressful situations jack up my blood pressure. Sympathetic nervous response symptoms start to set in, and the easiest way to get it back down is either to go train, and drink some water. But if that doesn't do the trick, or I have no time to train, Etizolam is my "go to". Tolerance never seems to be an issue, I don't find it very "more ish" and I always have the threat of having a difficult awakening the following morning to keep my dose in check (I like to be up between 3:30 and 5 AM).

Just my personal experience I guess. If I give it some careful consideration I think there had been one time where I was on it for a pretty steady couple weeks, and cessation of it give me a little bit of General rebound anxiety, but absolutely nothing like I experienced with Xanax.

It's like the difference between fentanyl withdrawl and marijuana withdrawal for me. Xanax was so much worse, but coming off any convenient GABAergic has its pitfalls. Hell people even say stopping phenubit is a hard time. We're all individuals with unique chemistry, all I can say is that if you are coming off and you are having issues with falling asleep, try to do some kind of exercise regimen that'll tucker you out, so that you can get some sleep. It fucken helps a lot, trust me.

Also, tapering.
like I do 4-6mg everyday of Xanax and then pop to 0.2mg Clonidine Then I do 4 mg of Etizolam during day I don't find it sedating just helps anxiety quick works really fast o

But I can't work out of withdrawal it really matters how long you've been doing benzos for everyday, after 4months- half a year is when ur seizure increases to happen while going thru withdrawal, I've been experimenting with benzos for 6 years, then got into everyday for 4 years

I started on 1mg clonzapam and it feels exactly like Xanax lasts longer to but just takes forever to kick in and there's no punch of instant anxiety relieve from the clonzapam
so you don't get that kick for instant anxiety, but I like the high if feels like legit Xanax just lasts longer but takes likes 30 minutes if ur lucky to kick in usually hr to 2hrs , so it seemed to me alprazolam it worked the best outta the 3 they tried me on which was Ativan which I hated sublingual of the Ativan pills they tasted like shit and to dusty and they felt dirty to me I didn't like the way they made me fell.

my Etizolam I use is solution 4mg each ml and sublingual it till the fast absorbs and everything it, I find Etizolam feels like Alprazolam aka Xanax and Valium which I like its good for not blacking out like some people do on benzos, I never have blackedout I treat my benzos carefully and used them carefully .

Have you ever thought of trying to taper down?

It's definitely not fun when you're gripped by the need to constantly consume something in order to avoid having a seizure. I understand the dire situation, and that potential sense of helplessness about it, but if you have the right mindset, you may be able to make incremental changes to your lifestyle and habituation. This paradigm shift in perspective may aid you in your journey toward leading a more fulfilling life through choice and intent.

Believe in yourself, dont play victim, be strong of will and spirit, and you can do anything you set your mind to. I, for one, believe in the potential of every person on bluelight, and in difficult areas of perspective everywhere. Sometimes, all it takes is one spin to get the wheels of change in motion. And that inertia, could change everything for someone out there.

I also understand that supervision by a doctor who gives a fuck is hard to come by, but all I'm saying, is that you can try. Slow, incremental increases in workload and physical stress is the basis of all adaptations by the human body. Tune in as often as possible, and you'll make some appreciable progress, even if total cessation is not possible.

Have you ever thought of trying to taper down?

It's definitely not fun when you're gripped by the need to constantly consume something in order to avoid having a seizure. I understand the dire situation, and that potential sense of helplessness about it, but if you have the right mindset, you may be able to make incremental changes to your lifestyle and habituation. This paradigm shift in perspective may aid you in your journey toward leading a more fulfilling life through choice and intent.

Believe in yourself, dont play victim, be strong of will and spirit, and you can do anything you set your mind to. I, for one, believe in the potential of every person on bluelight, and in difficult areas of perspective everywhere. Sometimes, all it takes is one spin to get the wheels of change in motion. And that inertia, could change everything for someone out there.

I also understand that supervision by a doctor who gives a fuck is hard to come by, but all I'm saying, is that you can try. Slow, incremental increases in workload and physical stress is the basis of all adaptations by the human body. Tune in as often as possible, and you'll make some appreciable progress, even if total cessation is not possible.
I'm trying it's the hardest thing to do and I've taper my self down a bit but still need help and I've went to rehad twice an both times didn't keep me in long enough cus they thought they could just do a Valium taper in 2 weeks and I'll be fine and the gave me like 200mg in Valium in one day the next day the gave me like 50 then to like 25 then to 0 with in 2 weeks and I left the rehab 2 days later I had a seizure the did it different last time they phenobarbital on me but they did the exact same thing dose rise, the truth is I'm not gonna get treatment help in 2 weeks my withdrawal takes forever

Yeah I totally understand the situation, there's no way you can taper somebody down that's been on for years, in a matter of weeks. It's just impossible.

What I would recommend is continually going to meetings like Narcotics Anonymous, and finding a proper doctor instead of some fly-by-night rehab Treatment Center. The sad truth of the matter is that rehab treatment programs in the United States are run by people who don't have a great amount of Education on biochemistry, maybe minimal medical background knowledge, but I mean the whole system is unregulated and it's a big Cash Cow. I mean if I wanted to start up a rehab centre in California, and put up a bunch of inspirational quotes and comfy chairs and host meetings, I would totally be within my legal rights to do so. And so many people take advantage of this unregulated niche market, and it's very unfortunate because then there are people who are in critical need such as yourself, with the desire to quit but they are not being given the correct treatment.

My heart really goes out to you my friend, I really hope your desire has not waned, and I really do hope you find the correct doctor to help you take the steps that you need to get to where you'd like to be.

And no matter which country you're in, try those meetings because at those meetings you might be able to find the correct resources in order to get you the help you need. I went to Narcotics Anonymous meetings for a long time and they did help. I know it's not much coming from me, being an avid psychonaut. But at least I've gotten perspective on my usage, and I don't have to use everyday. But at the end of the day, I'm a junkie just like most of the people on these forums.

And it's a long fucking hard road. But try your best <3 we're all in this shithole together.

I've seen someone very close to me have a seizure due to benzos withdrawal. Scared the shit out of me. And I'm sure he was more scared than I was. Good luck to you, I hope you're able to taper down successfully.

Is etizolam something that can only be prescribed? That might be a stupid question. Did not know about it's existence until I discovered BL. Seems to be a little too good/one of the more addicting benzos from what people have said, and also somewhat nonexistent in the US (or at least really very not well-known).

The fact that benzos can be the most lethal to withdraw from is terrifying. I don't quite understand the glorification of them.