• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ETIZOLAM? also... different pharms in different countries.

mutant

Bluelighter
hey there. firstly i just want to apologise for the kind of posts i've been making lately.. i guess they're kind of "selfish" posts that i write up just to satisfy my own curiousity, that don't really apply to other people. i just don't really have anywhere else to ask these things, and I wanna know, you know? hope you can bear with me. anyway..

I'm in Japan right now for a bit. I forgot my Xanax (for panic attacks) and my Stilnox (for insomnia), so I went to the doctor to get them prescribed. but apparently, they don't have those drugs here!! Isn't that really, really strange? ...It's not just that the brand names are different. They really don't have alprazolam or zolpidem tartrate here. I find that really weird. Anyone have any idea how that is? Do different countries just have different drugs? But what do you do if you're dependent on a certain drug and you move overseas and can't get it anymore...?

maybe i just got a dodgy doctor, who knows.. anyway, i got Lorazepam instead of Xanax and I got something called Etizolam as a sleeping tablet. I can't find much information on Etizolam at all, and I really wanna know what kind of drug it is. If anyone can help me out a bit here, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks so much!

I would have thought the doctor just said that because he didn't want to give you benzos, but he did anyway, so who knows?! I couldn't find much information on it apart from a chemical paper, and a study paper. The PDF's are protected so I couldn't cut and paste information, which is limited considering what your after. There may be a few paragraphs you can use.
  • An analytical chemical paper on Etizolam can be found here.
  • A study on the effects of single doses of Etizolam and Lorazepam on psycomotor performance in healthy volunteers can be found here.
  • If you wanted it, information from Medline on Lorazepam is here.

Last edited:
I have taken Lorazepam.. works just as well as xanax and valium.. my advise to you is to see a psychiatrist ASAP so you can get some perminant form of treatment for your anxiety.. benzos like lorazepam and xanax are HIGHLY addictive.. its recomended that if you take them for more then 3 weeks, you should withdraw from them slowly.. i know of one person who was taking xanax for a month and suddenly stopped.. she had withdrawal seizures which can occur.. you need anti-depressant/anxiety meds to treat your condition.. benzos are only usually for emergancies only...

Last edited:
For a drug company to release a new drug in a new country they have to go through varying procedures to gain approval. As I understand it, how difficult this is depends on the country. The companies won't try to register a new drug in every country, unless it is worth it from a marketing perspective. There are many drugs available here but not in the USA for example (though the reverse seems to be the more common). Re: moving to a different country and being dependant on a drug, that's why you are supposed to check these things out before you go, and take as great a supply as you are legally allowed to do (with copies of prescriptions etc). Generally speaking, there should be a similar drug available for most medicines in most countries.

Anyhow, lorazepam is quite similar to alprazolam - both are benzodiazepines. Etizolam is a benzo too. It appears that Stilnox / zolpidem is actually licensed in Japan, but goes by the name of Myslee. Alprazolam /Xanax IS also available and is called Constan, but the dose sizes are a bit different. Perhaps if you had asked for the drugs by their generic names the Dr could have worked it out.

As babydoc mentioned, I'd be rather surprised if there isn't an equivalent or near equivalent available in Japan for each of those drugs.

Thanks for the info superbabydoc.

wow.. this￾@‚‰‚“￾@‚—‚ˆ‚™￾@‚‰￾@‚Œ‚￾‚–‚…￾@‚‚‚Œ‚•‚…‚Œ‚‰‚‡‚ˆ‚”￾@‚“‚￾￾@‚￾‚•‚ƒ‚ˆ￾D￾D￾D￾–￾–‚”‚ˆ‚￾‚Ž‚‹‚™‚￾‚•￾–￾–￾@‚”‚￾￾@‚…‚–‚…‚’‚™‚￾‚Ž‚…‚—‚ˆ‚￾￾@‚ƒ‚Œ‚…‚￾‚’‚…‚￾‚„￾@‚”‚ˆ‚‰‚“￾@‚•‚￾￾@‚†‚￾‚’￾@‚￾‚…￾I￾I ‚‰‚￾￾@‚￾‚•‚ƒ‚ˆ￾@‚ˆ‚￾‚￾‚￾‚‰‚…‚’￾@‚Ž‚￾‚—￾D￾@￾@‚h ‚„‚‰‚„￾@‚‡‚‰‚–‚…￾@‚”‚ˆ‚…￾@‚ƒ‚ˆ‚…‚￾‚‰‚ƒ‚￾‚Œ￾@‚Ž‚￾‚￾‚…‚“￾@‚”‚￾￾@‚”‚ˆ‚…￾@‚Ž‚•‚’‚“‚…￾@‚‚‚•‚”￾@‚h ‚‡‚•‚…‚“‚“￾@‚—‚ˆ‚￾‚”￾@‚ˆ‚￾‚￾‚￾‚…‚Ž‚…‚„￾@‚‰‚“￾@‚”‚ˆ‚￾‚”￾@‚“‚ˆ‚…￾@‚—‚’‚￾‚”‚…￾@‚‰‚”￾@‚„‚￾‚—￾@‚—‚’‚￾‚Ž‚‡￾@‚—‚ˆ‚…‚Ž￾@‚“‚ˆ‚…￾@‚‡‚￾‚–‚…￾@‚”‚ˆ‚…￾@‚￾‚￾‚￾‚…‚’￾@‚”‚￾￾@‚”‚ˆ‚…￾@‚„‚￾‚ƒ‚”‚￾‚’￾@￾i‚‰￾@‚￾‚￾‚„‚…￾@‚r‚t‚q‚d ‚”‚￾￾@‚ˆ‚￾‚–‚–‚…￾@‚”‚ˆ‚…￾@‚Ž‚￾‚￾‚…‚“￾@‚—‚’‚‰‚”‚”‚…‚Ž￾@‚„‚￾‚—‚Ž￾@‚Œ‚…‚”‚”‚…‚’￾@‚”‚￾￾@‚Œ‚…‚”‚”‚…‚’￾j￾C￾@‚…‚Œ‚“‚…￾@‚ˆ‚…￾@‚—‚￾‚Ž‚”‚…‚„￾@‚”‚￾￾@‚‡‚‰‚–‚…￾@‚￾‚…￾@‚“‚￾‚￾‚…‚”‚ˆ‚‰‚Ž‚‡￾@‚…‚Œ‚“‚…￾@‚†‚￾‚’￾@‚’‚…‚￾‚“‚￾‚Ž‚“￾@‚‚‚…‚“‚”￾@‚‹‚Ž‚￾‚—‚Ž￾@‚”‚￾￾@‚ˆ‚‰‚￾￾D￾@￾@‚a‚•‚”￾@‚‰‚”￾@‚￾‚￾‚‹‚…‚“￾@‚“‚￾￾@‚￾‚•‚ƒ‚ˆ￾@‚“‚…‚Ž‚“‚…￾@‚Ž‚￾‚—￾I￾@￾@‚h‚￾￾@‚￾‚†‚†￾@‚”‚￾￾@‚‡‚…‚”￾@‚￾‚™￾@‚“‚”‚‰‚Œ‚Ž‚￾‚˜￾@‚“‚ƒ‚’‚‰‚￾‚”￾@‚￾‚“‚￾‚￾￾D￾D￾@‚”‚ˆ‚￾‚”￾@‚—‚…‚‰‚’‚„￾@‚Š‚￾‚￾‚￾‚Ž‚…‚“‚…￾@‚“‚ˆ‚‰‚”￾@‚Š‚•‚“‚”￾@‚†‚…‚Œ‚”￾@‚Œ‚‰‚‹‚…￾@‚”‚…‚￾‚￾‚š‚…‚￾‚￾‚￾￾C￾@‚„‚‰‚„‚Ž￾F‚”￾@‚‹‚Ž‚￾‚ƒ‚‹‚￾‚…￾@‚￾‚•‚”￾@‚￾‚”￾@‚￾‚Œ‚Œ￾D￾@‚‰￾@‚ˆ‚￾‚„￾@‚Q￾@‚ˆ‚￾‚•‚’‚“￾@‚Œ‚‰‚‡‚ˆ‚”￾@‚“‚Œ‚…‚…‚￾‚Œ￾@‚￾‚“‚”￾@‚Ž‚‰‚‡‚ˆ‚”￾{ ￾F￾i

‚￾‚Ž‚•‚™‚—‚￾‚™￾@‚“‚￾‚’‚’‚™￾@‚‚‚￾‚•‚”￾@‚”‚ˆ‚‰‚“￾@‚“‚ˆ‚‰‚”‚”‚™￾@‚‹‚…‚™‚‚‚￾‚￾‚’‚„￾C‚”‚ˆ‚￾‚Ž‚‹‚“‚“‚￾‚￾‚￾‚￾￾@‚￾‚•‚ƒ‚ˆ￾@‚†‚￾‚’￾@‚™‚￾‚•‚’￾@‚ˆ‚…‚Œ‚￾￾C￾@‚…‚“‚￾‚…‚ƒ‚‰‚￾‚Œ‚Œ‚™￾@‚“‚•‚￾‚…‚’‚‚‚￾‚‚‚™‚„‚￾‚ƒ￾I￾I￾I￾I

‚￾‚ˆ￾@‚￾‚Ž‚„￾@‚”‚￾￾@‚…‚Ž‚„‚Œ‚…‚“‚“‚…‚•‚Œ‚￾‚‡‚™￾C‚Š‚•‚“‚”￾@‚†‚￾‚’￾@‚”‚ˆ‚…￾@‚’‚…‚ƒ‚￾‚’‚„￾@‚h ‚￾‚ƒ‚”‚•‚￾‚Œ‚Œ‚™￾@‚￾‚￾￾@‚￾‚Ž￾@‚￾‚Ž￾@‚r‚r‚q‚h￾@‚￾‚“￾@‚—‚…‚Œ‚Œ￾D￾D￾D￾@‚h ‚Š‚•‚“‚”￾@‚„‚‰‚„‚Ž‚”￾@‚†‚￾‚’‚‡‚…‚”￾@‚”‚￾￾@‚‚‚’‚‰‚Ž‚‡￾@‚‰‚”￾@‚—‚‰‚”‚ˆ￾@‚￾‚…￾@‚•‚Ž‚Œ‚‰‚‹‚…‚￾‚™￾@‚￾‚”‚ˆ‚…‚’￾@‚￾‚…‚„‚“￾D￾F￾j

‚￾‚Ž‚™‚—‚￾‚™￾C￾C‚”‚ˆ‚￾‚Ž‚‹‚“￾@‚‡‚•‚™‚“￾I￾I￾I￾I￾@￾–‚￾‚—‚￾‚ˆ￾–

14084.jpg

MAX: Right then Chief. Err... Chief, there's just one part I didn't quite get

CHIEF: Which part was that Max?

MAX: The part after wow..this

hahaha =D i think he was trying to copy text from a protected PDF document.