• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Ethylphenidate vs other relatives

jchris

Greenlighter
I am curious about substitutes for Ritalin. I was prescribed it for a few months, not for ADHD but "as a dopamine boost" for perceived depression.
The stuff was not half bad, though the doctor discontinued it when I found myself being a little too insistent that she increase the dose/frequency. (She was well aware of my past experience with harder stims, so I really don't know what she was expecting to happen! Hell yeah it beats coffee!)

I have examined 4F-MPH, from two unrelated sources, but despite the data suggesting it being superior, it somehow paled in comparison to the Rx Ritalin. Potent, yes, but that's about all I can say for it.

Of course there are other variants. Is Ethylphenidate any "better" than the 4f-mph? Is its apparently caustic nature make intranasal use prohibitive?

Other stims such as 3-FPM and HexEn were worthless to me, but those could have been of a bad source/synthesis, so I don't know.

Of course everyone has different "tastes" in these matters, let alone neurochemistry/psychology. I just cannot forget or deny that Ritalin was beneficial.

Thanks.

^you can always try the search engine, I'm pretty sure you'll find every info you need on BL :)

^you can always try the search engine, I'm pretty sure you'll find every info you need on BL :)

Okay, kill my post, Mod... :)

I have done so much "upstairs remodeling" over the years that, frankly, I have some problems navigating BL. So no need for you to have shamed me publicly! :(

(It has been RCs that have brought be out of retirement. I'm still unclear on if that is necessarily a good thing.)

But thanks, and you have a good one! ;)

Okay, kill my post, Mod... :)

I have done so much "upstairs remodeling" over the years that, frankly, I have some problems navigating BL. So no need for you to have shamed me publicly! :(

(It has been RCs that have brought be out of retirement. I'm still unclear on if that is necessarily a good thing.)

But thanks, and you have a good one! ;)
Sorry, my post wasn't meant offensive :/

Here are some links you might want to check out :)
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/774653-The-EADD-3-FPM-Megathread
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/769052-Novel-stimulant-4-Fluoromethylphenidate-(4F-MPH)
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-phenyl(piperidin-2-yl)acetate)-Megathread-V3

Oh, I was being a bit facetious! You did not offend me, hence the "smiley face". :) See?

You're cool, and I appreciate the links. Thanks!

If you have the same doctor and you sincerely want to use Ritalin for your medical benefit then I'd say float that boat to your doctor again. Just admit that you were getting pushy the last time but you believe Ritalin was helping you work through your problems. Maybe your doc won't give you the rit right away but try some other drugs she offers and that will build trust with them plus some of the other drugs might work.

If that doesn't work you can't source Ritalin on the street? Maybe try Adderall too, I know it's an ADHD drug but it works on dopamine and is a stimulant as I'm sure you know.

I have a different doctor now, who does not (yet) know the extent of my past stimulant use, which was back in the days when .25g cocaine was an insane dose. (From some of what I read these days, people can casually do a couple of grams, order a pizza, and take a nap! But I digress) I will bring the subject up with the doctor, though.

I had some 4F-MPH which, by my admittedly limited chemistry knowledge, should have been golden! Oh, it was potent enough, and as a functional substance a small dose in the morning could keep one focused and sharp for hours. It just didn't have the surprising (to me!) element of pleasure that Rx Ritalin had.

Shouldn't elthylphenidate be weaker than methylphenidate? Anyway, I thought I had read somewhere (involving the metabolic processes) that EPH might be just the ticket. I will examine this, but I do really appreciate the responses I have received, and you make a solid point in that, my poor old brain does not "fire" the way it once did, and an ADHD type Rx may be medically indicated. Doctors that have come to truly know me, eventually realize that there is really nothing they can prescribe that I cannot obtain in a stronger form. In a few cases, that has been very beneficial, such as, just for example, a doctor who clearly understood that 20mg oxycodone would barely phase me, so he simply doubled it.

Gosh, for someone on a hefty load of flubromazepam at the moment, I can't believe I was able to form these sentences! lol

Take care!

4f-mph is the one that is liked by most people and is considered to be very close to a more potent mph

4f-eph isn't that popular, is less potent than 4f-mph. doesn't have the rush that eph has

4me-mph is also close to mph, but is less potent and much rarer

iph is in clinical trials for adhd treatment and the results so far have been very promising..... longer duration, less side effects, it's not very recreational

pph got made by some rc vendors but I'm not sure about it's effects

eph is more rushy than mph, has more side effects, is caustic if snorted

hdmp-28 was relatively well accepted too and is probably more recreational than mph since it has significant serotonin activity

hdep-28 was made too but wasn't that well accepted

3,4-ctmp is very potent and long lasting but doesn't produce much euphoria, has a very long come up and has a high affinity for 5ht2b which would make it cardio toxic

I don't think any of the others were ever publicly available, but 4f-iph might have some potential.....

4f-mph is the one that is liked by most people and is considered to be very close to a more potent mph

4f-eph isn't that popular, is less potent than 4f-mph. doesn't have the rush that eph has

4me-mph is also close to mph, but is less potent and much rarer

iph is in clinical trials for adhd treatment and the results so far have been very promising..... longer duration, less side effects, it's not very recreational

pph got made by some rc vendors but I'm not sure about it's effects

eph is more rushy than mph, has more side effects, is caustic if snorted

hdmp-28 was relatively well accepted too and is probably more recreational than mph since it has significant serotonin activity

hdep-28 was made too but wasn't that well accepted

3,4-ctmp is very potent and long lasting but doesn't produce much euphoria, has a very long come up and has a high affinity for 5ht2b which would make it cardio toxic

I don't think any of the others were ever publicly available, but 4f-iph might have some potential.....

I greatly appreciate the specificity! By all analytical accounts, or just in general, the 4F-MPH seems the way to go. I scrapped the eph consideration, and will be RE-evaluating the 4F-MPH. Perhaps it was a bad source or synth, but despite the clinical data, the 4f-MPH I received was, while indeed potent, was sort of "cold" instead of possessing the somewhat pleasant features I felt with Rx MPH.

Admittedly, I did "get ahead of schedule" with the MPH, but the 4F had me neglecting common sense, to the point I disposed of much of it. New source is said to be reliable.

Last edited: