• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids ethylmorphine

Fabio e's

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I have recently bought some tussipax tablets, they are OTC in France=D; each tablet contain 10mg of codeine and 10mg of ethylmorphine.

I am not too familiar with ethylmorphine, what do you reckon will be a dosage for a low tolerant person? I was thinking to take on an empty stomach 10 tablets = 100mg codeine and 100mg ethylmorphine.

Any experience on those tabs?:)

Hey guys,

I have recently bought some tussipax tablets, they are OTC in France=D; each tablet contain 10mg of codeine and 10mg of ethylmorphine.

I am not too familiar with ethylmorphine, what do you reckon will be a dosage for a low tolerant person? I was thinking to take on an empty stomach 10 tablets = 100mg codeine and 100mg ethylmorphine.

Ethylmorphine (also known as codethyline, dionine, and ethyl morphine) is an opiate narcotic analgesic (pain killer).
Ethylmorphine was invented in Germany at Merck in 1884 and was used as a weaker alternative to heroin for all indications. Chemically, ethylmorphine is a morphine molecule with a -OC2H5 group substituted for the aromatic 3-OH group. Therefore the closest chemical relative of ethylmorphine is codeine, also known as methylmorphine. Ethylmorphine also has a hydromorphone analogue (ethyldihydromorphinone or 3-ethoxy-7,8-dihydro-morphin-6-one), and a dihydromorphine analogue known as ethyldihydromorphine, although none of them appears to be commercially distributed at the current time.
As is the case with all narcotic analgesics, ethylmorphine is potentially habit-forming and can generate drug dependence of the codeine type. In most countries and internationally ethylmorphine and codeine are regulated much the same way. Like codeine, dihydrocodeine and similar weak opioid drugs, ethylmorphine is listed under the international Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs in Schedule III, which leads to some ethylmorphine preparations being available over the counter in some countries. In the US, ethylmorphine, like its methyl analog codeine, is controlled under the Controlled Substances Act, Schedule II as a pure compound and Schedule III when combined with non-opioid analgesics such as paracetamol (akin to US Schedule III paracetamol/codeine combinations sold under the brand name Tylenol 3/4). In theory, cough syrup containing ethylmorphine is listed in US Schedule V, meaning that it can be bought without prescription in certain states if the patient presents ID and/or the chemist knows the person and the patient signs a dispensary log that is monitored by the DEA. However, there are currently no ethylmorphine-based pharmaceuticals marketed in the US, making this a moot point; codeine-based products, on the other hand, are still relatively common.
from wiki... seems like its comparable to codeine with pain doses at 30-50mg and a huge amount of histamine release...

Last edited:
codethyline & codeine combination meds r common where i live too. codethyline actually aint that potent, its almost same as codeine. tho doin 100 mg each for a starter not a wise thing. if itd be only 200 mg codeine itd be ok tho since there r two CNS depressants in the pills theres risk of CNS depression which may cause respiratory depression among other things. i actually did too much once and ODed on it, seized and fall down. so be cautious and start with smaller doses like 30-40 mg each and see wut will happen.

also keep in mind that when asking dose questions dont forget to mention about ur weight

Ethylmorphine is about x1,5 potency of codeine (= methylmorphine) so 10 pills would be equivalent to about 250mg of codeine. I'd say try 1 pill to test for allergies, and then take about 6-10 pills depending on weight/intensity you're looking for.

Also, codeine seems to itch like a bitch (wouldn't know personally since i'm resistant; but lots of people complain) so an antihistamine is advisable (also helps by synergising/potentiating)

Just FYI, ethylmorphine, aka codethyline, is very similar to codeine chemically.

codeine = 3-methyl-morphine.
codethyline = 3-ethyl-morphine

The only difference is there is a two carbon chain (ethyl group) at the 3 position instead of the single carbon (methyl group) of codeine. Bot are significantly weaker than morphine.

I have never tried it, so I can't comment about it personally. I have read it's similar in effect and potency to codeine though.

Hey guys,

Watch your dose heard someone go into convulsions from ethylmorphine recently.

where do u get this information? can u post sum links bout it?

Ok, I've searched for it, but apparantly I can't find it again .. so it's either been taken offline or I've just dreamed that up. :\

Still, it's quite similar to codeine in dosages.

Wiki: Ethylmorphine is "less potent than morphine" but "more potent than codeine" by a small percentage.

Ok, it's wiki, but anyway.

Ethylmorphine is about x1,5 potency of codeine (= methylmorphine) so 10 pills would be equivalent to about 250mg of codeine. I'd say try 1 pill to test for allergies, and then take about 6-10 pills depending on weight/intensity you're looking for.
Also, codeine seems to itch like a bitch (wouldn't know personally since i'm resistant; but lots of people complain) so an antihistamine is advisable (also helps by synergising/potentiating)

yeah test urself for allergic reactions, many people get them...

if u dont, have benadryl ON HAND...

Hence the name I chose, I am probably not the brightest. I am in France and had a bad cough from the plane and having stayed some nights with my family who has small children. Anyway, I remembered that OTC opiates exist here, so looked up the best one and found out about Tussipax. It's straight Codeine (10mg) and Ethylmorphine (10mg). I took 7. I took a zyrtec just in case. Was thinking it would be like codeine where you can be high but functional but after reading this thread I am a bit nervious. I am certainly feeling the effects already. I have benadryl on-hand, but I don't see anywhere where ethylmorphine could induce seizures. In any case, if you're right, I'll not only let you know, but I'll have probably ruined my friendship with someone and her family since they'll know I OD'd on opiates! haha. I doubt it will get to that but just my two cents.