Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ether

Portillo

Bluelighter
Hi has anyone here done ether? Whats it like and is it available at something like hardware stores? Thanks.

I've tried lab grade ether before. Its kind of like a really really messy amyl high. Really knocks you around. The biggest problem with it is, once you have some, you just want more, and more, and more. I dont think I'd do it again in a hurry.

i wouldn't use hardware stuff i think its full of stuff to stop people inhaling it. you could cook off the ether 80 odd degres in a home made distaller.

I had it a couple of times at uni in the lab, just spilt it sucked it down through the sleave on my lab coat got hell messy and wanted more and more until i couldn't sit on the stool and went outside and fell over cause my bag had heaps off books in it then i couldn't get up cause my bag was so heavy, would of looked very funny if anyone saw it. After that i was very careful about how much i had.

I've heard on the net of people dying beacue they have made home masks and passing out and asphixyiating. Aswell its a massive fire danger. It was good to see in, fear and loathing in las veagas he throws away his smoke, its the only time in the movie he hasn't got one in his mouth.

my mate was telln me the other day about di-ethyl-ether (i think dats wot its called) u can get it from sex shops

^really? Are you sure it's not amyl nitrite or something masquerading as such? IMO, diethyl ether is a dangerous volatile chemical that should be stored in a flame cabinet or similar. The vapour has a tendency to escape from the bottle and can be ignited by a stray spark.

diethyl ether was used as an aneasthetic wasnt it

I highly doubt youll get diethyl ether from a sex shop. They sell alkyl nitrates

diethyl ether was used as a aneasthetic from about the 1500's before Chloroform was invented in the 1840's or thereabouts, chloroform was the prefered aneasthetic because the surgeon could smoke while doing surgury(no joke).

Aparently you can make it by mixing sulfuric acid and ethanol and catching the fumes(distilling). I most probaly wouldn't unless you had the proper glassware and heater and Try not to use a flame warming the solution:)

Yeah I've had diethyl ether before, really messy, especially on the morning after a big night out...

Is the hardware ether any good for the coke cleaning that le junk talks about?

What product are you talking of? Does the label list diethyl ether as the only ingredient?

In the chemistry world, ethers are oxygen linked compounds with a general formula R-O-R' where R and R' are alkyl groups which can be the same or different. Diethyl ether is simply CH3-CH2-O-CH2-CH3. However, the term *ether* is also applied to a range of alkanes known as petroleum ethers. These compounds do not possess the "ether link" oxygen seen with diethyl ether.

If choosing an OTC product, please ensure you know what is in the product. Diethyl ether is a polar solvent while petroleum ethers are not, which means in many cases petroleum ether won't substitute for diethyl ether. Le Junk's post is such an example.

I'm actually about to order some diethyl ether, lab grade.

It seems its quite easily obtainable in this country - an hour or so online research i had several sources.

If you're looking for some diethyl ether for whatever purpose, hunt through Australian chemical suppliers til you find a decent product - don't go sniffing some shit you found at the hardware store.

zaineaol.nu said:
I'm actually about to order some diethyl ether, lab grade.

It seems its quite easily obtainable in this country - an hour or so online research i had several sources.

If you're looking for some diethyl ether for whatever purpose, hunt through Australian chemical suppliers til you find a decent product - don't go sniffing some shit you found at the hardware store.

I was under the impression that all chemical suppliers in Australia demanded documentation to ensure you are supposed to have the products you're purchasing.....

^ They really didn't care when i spoke to them on the phone, they said i can order there and then and i'll have it tomorrow... no matter what quantity i wanted.. This was only yesterday.

The amounts i enquired about purchasing where 500ml and 2.5L...

Sick. Lets just hope ASIO doesn't come knocking. Otherwise the news might be full of stories about the latest terrorist "Zionist Zaineaol".

^lol hahaha... Originally the plan sprung up as a joke between a friend and I... seems quite do-able. I'm just interested in trying something i always wondered about since my early days and watching fear and loathing time after time in aspiring hopes of being something like Hunter S. Thompson (who now is dead by his own hand... go figure).

But i think i'll give it a shot - it's alot more widely used than you'd think (not as a drug) they did actually ask what it was intended to be used for, i just said i use it in the production of perfumes.