• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants equasym xl 20mg caps (methylphenidate)

Jessie Pinkman

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

I am jessie pink man and I am new to blue light ;). I have a few questions about Equasym xl caps. If I were to open it up is there a way to take a smaller dose than 20mg? I am very paranoid that I take the entire 20mg cap and then have an adverse reaction to the drug or don't like the effect. I am wondering if I can open it up and maybe half the dose? I would also like to know what I can expect to feel. I do not have ADHD (well I haven't been to a doctor but I am pretty sure that I do not have ADHD) but I would like to use this drug to get things done. My use of weed has left me very unmotivated and lazy :/ I am failing in university and need something like this to give me a push.

If you do not know what Equasym is, it is basically Concerta (a slow release very of Ritalin/methylphenidate) I think it works with a phase 3 capsule? I am not entirely sure. It uses osmosis to slowly release the methylphenidate into your body. I could be totally wrong....

I really appreciate anyone's input on this!
Thanks, jessie.

~
Equasym comes in 10, 20 & 30mg sizes so at least your in the middle of the available doses. If you can open up the capsule and measure about half of the beads then your plan seems plausible. The only thing is you are going to have it last for 12 hours if the beads are intact, not crushed. If your seriously concerned about an adverse reaction or just not liking it, taking out a quarter of the beads, crushing them, let them soak in some water and then take the water + bead cocktail. That way your on the lowest effective dose and only for 4 hours or so. I think you'll find it underwhelming but nothing wrong with treading lightly at first. Good Luck..

Thanks so much man this is the exact kind of reply I was hoping for!

Just out of curiosity have you used it before?

Actually yeah I have, when I first took 30mg it was very underwhelming so I took like 80mg immediate release and it made me sick. I was in HS so I had excellent judgement obviously :)

Nothing wrong with testing the waters..

~
Equasym comes in 10, 20 & 30mg sizes so at least your in the middle of the available doses. If you can open up the capsule and measure about half of the beads then your plan seems plausible. The only thing is you are going to have it last for 12 hours if the beads are intact, not crushed. If your seriously concerned about an adverse reaction or just not liking it, taking out a quarter of the beads, crushing them, let them soak in some water and then take the water + bead cocktail. That way your on the lowest effective dose and only for 4 hours or so. I think you'll find it underwhelming but nothing wrong with treading lightly at first. Good Luck..

Good response. I did this when I had low opioid tolerance as a result of a period of enforced abstinence and was using Zomorph 100mg, exactly the same pharmaceutical form (12-hour sustained release beads in a standard capsule)- measuring 30mg at first and increasing to 80 before going back to using whole caps. In part for safety, but given that amount of oral morphine is very unlikely to cause an OD, it was more about not wasting money when 30-50mg would get me to where I wanted and more would have just made me more likely to fall asleep before the high was over.

If this is prohibited by the rules then mods snip it, but as an alternative have you considered asking your source if they can get methylphenidate 5 or 10mg I/R tablets? I'm guessing as a first time stim user you obtained it from someone you know with an Rx rather than a "full time street dealer" or web source; quite often people on S/R MPH get I/R tabs too as it tends not to last all of 12 hours (except Concerta with the OROS mechanism) and so more may be needed in the afternoon to prevent lethargy or crashing out before bedtime. I've also known people to take an I/R tab for the immediate "jolt" to wake them up and start their day in uni/college/work then the S/R to get through the rest of the day...

Good response. I did this when I had low opioid tolerance as a result of a period of enforced abstinence and was using Zomorph 100mg, exactly the same pharmaceutical form (12-hour sustained release beads in a standard capsule)- measuring 30mg at first and increasing to 80 before going back to using whole caps. In part for safety, but given that amount of oral morphine is very unlikely to cause an OD, it was more about not wasting money when 30-50mg would get me to where I wanted and more would have just made me more likely to fall asleep before the high was over.

If this is prohibited by the rules then mods snip it, but as an alternative have you considered asking your source if they can get methylphenidate 5 or 10mg I/R tablets? I'm guessing as a first time stim user you obtained it from someone you know with an Rx rather than a "full time street dealer" or web source; quite often people on S/R MPH get I/R tabs too as it tends not to last all of 12 hours (except Concerta with the OROS mechanism) and so more may be needed in the afternoon to prevent lethargy or crashing out before bedtime. I've also known people to take an I/R tab for the immediate "jolt" to wake them up and start their day in uni/college/work then the S/R to get through the rest of the day...

Yes that's a good point I will ask him soon. It's just that I brought a blister pack of 10 equasym pills off of him already...