• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine ENT.

Justagirl07

Bluelighter
I have developed some sores in my nose from cocaine. Tried it for the first time ever only about 4 months ago and have used occasionally. Last month I attended several parties (birthdays, anniversaries and bachelorette party) first time going out in a year and a half due to covid. Anyhow, the last 2 weeks I used from Friday to Monday several times each day and started getting bad pains in my nose. I was sent a topical antibiotic at the ER and was told to see an ENT if it doesn't get better. I have my appointment tomorrow and I just wonder if he will know that this is from cocaine use just by looking at my nose? I haven't decided if I am going to tell him yet or not. I haven't used again but it's not healing. So i figure if he can send me something that will make it better, should I just leave out the coke use?

Mention the coke. Unexplainable sores are more cause for alarm than the fact you've used a little coke.

You'll probably get a talking to about the dangers of using coke and putting street-purchased powder up your nose, but they've seen it all before.

Mention the coke. Unexplainable sores are more cause for alarm than a little coke.
True, I didn't think of that. I'm just worried that if i mention it he will not believe that i haven't been using amd that's why the sores or ulcers are not healing.

Probably can't tell if you've only been snorting cocaine for a relatively short period of time. Might be helpful to tell him as a diagnostic aid.

True, I didn't think of that. I'm just worried that if i mention it he will not believe that i haven't been using amd that's why the sores or ulcers are not healing.

So what? Doesn't matter whether your doctor believe you haven't been using or not. What's important is your health.

any nosebleeds yet? try some vitamin e oil, even a sauna if things starts launchin outta control

I'm pretty confident in saying he wiil probably (99% sure) know. I mean, they do deviated septums for a living. FTR, your medical info is supposed to be private, in the states at least. He cops you out, sue his ass for all he's worth!

He will know. Don't tell him it's from coke. Drug user will be metaphorically tartooed onto your permanent record.
Drug seeking behavior
Say goodbye to any decent prescriptions
I dont know what it's like in the free world but take it from someone who permanently fucked themselves in this country at least, probably France as well

He will know. Don't tell him it's from coke. Drug user will be metaphorically tartooed onto your permanent record.
Drug seeking behavior
Say goodbye to any decent prescriptions
I dont know what it's like in the free world but take it from someone who permanently fucked themselves in this country at least, probably France as well
That's another concern of mine. I know medical records are confidential but its still on Record.

Cocaine isn't going to do that. Not even copious amounts and over far longer periods than you've described. But this in the perfect Cocaine world.

But Cocaine cuts and adulterants can certainly be a cause. Depends on what you mean by "sores".

In the aforementioned perfect Cocaine world: a nose bleed or scabs are commonplace. Official notice from the universe that a) you have too much money and b) you're overdoing it and c) time to step away from the vehicle (at least until later or tomorrow). Badge of honor and earning your stripes if the truth be told!

But seeing as the aforementioned perfect Cocaine world is (apparently) no longer then you may do well to take a quick look around the Internet for Cocaine adulterants and cuts and see if any symptoms of them having been present grab you. Levamisole a firm favorite. There's your starter for ten points. And bearing in mind that not everybody will have the same reactions to these adulterants and cuts. Some can use for extended periods and it can take some time for adverse reactions to manifest themselves. Others: not so lucky. And in the case of Levamisole in particular: it can cause lesions and the same can then become infected. And we've not even gotten to necrosis!

I guess my point is: take a good look around before you decide whether or not to fully disclose what you've been up to. And what medical professional, unless informed by the patient, is going to take a quick look around and suspect one or the other Cocaine adulterants and cuts? Even if they take a swab and test: some of them just won't show up because they're not being specifically tested for (it's difficult enough to test Cocaine on its own for some of these adulterants and cuts and knowing full well what you're actually looking for from the outset). So maybe you end up being treated with antibiotics when you should be being given a steroid or maybe even both.

Another helpful hint: be sure to also look at images on the Internet on this topic and preferably on a totally empty stomach. Not for the squeamish. Then decide.