• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Elemicin/Elemi Oil - Stunning Third Time - Truly High Definition

Thanks for the report, it's pretty rare to see this one discussed. I've put off trying it for a very long time now but it's one I intend to try eventually. I actually think it sounds fine even already as detailed here without even further potentiation, but I've been getting into subtle psychedelics more lately.

I've taken nutmeg essential oil a couple times, at 1 and 2 mL, and I actually quite like it so far, though it can be slightly uncomfortable. The hallucinogenic and recreational effects are actually quite significant in me, and truly not unlike what one would be wise to expect from MMDA, based on everything I've ever read, though still with significant differences. This makes me somewhat excited that I may be sensitive to allylbenzenes in general, but I watched that whole scene go by from start to finish in real time and I'm not going to be shocked if I'm not.

Thanks for the report, it's pretty rare to see this one discussed. I've put off trying it for a very long time now but it's one I intend to try eventually. I actually think it sounds fine even already as detailed here without even further potentiation, but I've been getting into subtle psychedelics more lately.

I've taken nutmeg essential oil a couple times, at 1 and 2 mL, and I actually quite like it so far, though it can be slightly uncomfortable. The hallucinogenic and recreational effects are actually quite significant in me, and truly not unlike what one would be wise to expect from MMDA, based on everything I've ever read, though still with significant differences. This makes me somewhat excited that I may be sensitive to allylbenzenes in general, but I watched that whole scene go by from start to finish in real time and I'm not going to be shocked if I'm not.
Thanks for the response, super glad to hear that you may be trying Elemi Oil in the near future. It's awesome to see other people showing interest in this too, that's the whole purpose- letting it be known to any and everybody who wants to know it. If you happen to try Elemi Oil, it would be great to hear some of the details of your experience and I'm sure that the other people reading this thread now or in the future will appreciate more information too. Good luck if you go about it, and thanks again!

elemi oil alone is a rather weak trip but mixed with MXE it is absolutely nuts.

You may be able to do a crude elemicin extraction with DMSO...I would imagine that this would produce a much cleaner -- and perhaps a more stimulating -- effect and give you a better sense of the compound.

Anyone notice any tell-tale anticholinergic signs from consuming the essential oil?

Thanks for the response, super glad to hear that you may be trying Elemi Oil in the near future. It's awesome to see other people showing interest in this too, that's the whole purpose- letting it be known to any and everybody who wants to know it. If you happen to try Elemi Oil, it would be great to hear some of the details of your experience and I'm sure that the other people reading this thread now or in the future will appreciate more information too. Good luck if you go about it, and thanks again!

No problem, and thanks to you too! I'll definitely write about it when I try it. :)

Anyone notice any tell-tale anticholinergic signs from consuming the essential oil?

I still haven't tried the elemi essential oil but will note that the nutmeg essential oil seemed very obviously anticholinergic to me, but not uncomfortably so. The main physical symptom that stood out was the more significant dry mouth than most other things that I'm quite familiar with, people compare nutmeg to cannabis but that's not what this felt like to me. The much more prominent seemingly anticholinergic effects however were the hallucinations; it had a phenethylamine-like psychedelic headspace, body high, and sensory enhancement but most of the hallucinations were things like mumbling voices building up intensity around me as I sat in silence, people in my somewhat psychedelicized visual imagination suddenly reaching out to hand me things like joints, drinks, and pills or to take those kinds of things back from me, some shadow closed eye visuals of writhing tentacles, and street lamps at night turning into trippy palm trees with music notes raining down off of them. There were also some harder to describe, more abstract visual effects that I superficially recognized from nothing other than diphenhydramine and MDMA.

I will say too that this didn't turn me off from the idea of taking it again at least on occasion, which is about the most I'd ever use it between everything else anyway, or from the idea of trying elemi essential oil even if it can produce similar effects. It didn't feel any more threatening to me than the typical empathogen delirium unlike the antihistamine kind, so far.

^^^interesting, at least it didn't involve bugs...What was the total duration?

I'd potentially be game to extract elemicin from the oil with DMSO. I have a feeling the other compounds might muck up the whole experience a bit. I would imagine the extraction would produce a more stimulating experience with fewer side effects (even if it means my liver's DNA gets a little reorientated from the elemicin itself).

It lasted a very long time for sure, but I don't think I tracked the exact amount this time around.... It wasn't as long as I've been told to expect from the whole nuts though but was at least as long as the average longer-lasting phenethylamine psychedelics are for me, probably at least around twenty-four hours but I'm not sure I could say it extended significantly beyond that. It also has a come up time similar to them which is long for the average hallucinogen but I'm also made to understand that it's still a significantly reduced wait compared to the nuts.

I do recall that the first time I tried it at least a few years ago now, at 1 mL, the main effect I got was just that blissful buzzy phenethylamine-like body high, and even just that lasted for at least fourteen hours before I stopped noticing it so much. I actually didn't have much reference for how to judge the effects at the time, but after recently trying 2C-E, DOB, and 4C-D it suddenly occurred to me how much the nutmeg essential oil felt basically identical to them both in overall style and in the rough amount of time it takes to fade away and how it progress in doing so, and that's what really convinced me to finally try it again at 2 mL, the dosage that produced the effects described above. Again I ended up feeling that it was directly comparable to those long-lasting phenethylamine psychedelics, and was glad that I had been using them more lately to help me prepare for this experience before returning, for what it's worth.

I'd definitely love to hear about any extraction experiences if you do them, and be safe in the process of course! I'd really love to hear about that being done on and the differences between both elemi and nutmeg essential oil myself. The nutmeg does contain elemicin enough that it's probably making some contribution but I still suspect most of the effect is from myristicin so far.

It lasted a very long time for sure, but I don't think I tracked the exact amount this time around.... It wasn't as long as I've been told to expect from the whole nuts though but was at least as long as the average longer-lasting phenethylamine psychedelics are for me, probably at least around twenty-four hours but I'm not sure I could say it extended significantly beyond that. It also has a come up time similar to them which is long for the average hallucinogen but I'm also made to understand that it's still a significantly reduced wait compared to the nuts.

I do recall that the first time I tried it at least a few years ago now, at 1 mL, the main effect I got was just that blissful buzzy phenethylamine-like body high, and even just that lasted for at least fourteen hours before I stopped noticing it so much. I actually didn't have much reference for how to judge the effects at the time, but after recently trying 2C-E, DOB, and 4C-D it suddenly occurred to me how much the nutmeg essential oil felt basically identical to them both in overall style and in the rough amount of time it takes to fade away and how it progress in doing so, and that's what really convinced me to finally try it again at 2 mL, the dosage that produced the effects described above. Again I ended up feeling that it was directly comparable to those long-lasting phenethylamine psychedelics, and was glad that I had been using them more lately to help me prepare for this experience before returning, for what it's worth.

I'd definitely love to hear about any extraction experiences if you do them, and be safe in the process of course! I'd really love to hear about that being done on and the differences between both elemi and nutmeg essential oil myself. The nutmeg does contain elemicin enough that it's probably making some contribution but I still suspect most of the effect is from myristicin so far.
Hey man, I'm real sorry about not getting back to you, I've had my mind on other things and haven't taken any opportunities to get on Bluelight and I also have gotten super behind on what I'd planned to do with researching Elemi, but I've just gotten back into the flow luckily.

Now, I've got just a couple way overdue things to say to you: 1) Just to clarify, those experiences mentioned were for nutmeg oil, not Elemi, or am I wrong? 2) That's awesome what you said about elemicin being partly responsible for at least a small portion of the effects that Nutmeg has- I'm not sure if you've ever seen this mentioned before, but I've heard over and over that the elemicin in Nutmeg as well as by itself isn't in any way psychoactive and therefore plays no part in those effects. A small little percentage of us know that it definitely does have some effects, so that's just good to hear it reinforced by someone else and I'll be super glad if sometime down the road, there'll be a time where we can really crack its code and see how it really works. Thanks for your response here by the way, great to have the thread growing- even if I'm slacking off.

Last edited:
Is this Ron69 in disguise.
I was thinking someone may something like that- but no, I'm not him. 69ron is first off, the person I mentioned in my experience report at the very beginning, and second off, way more knowledgeable about this than I am. Since you're asking, do you know what really happened to him all those years ago? I've never been able to find a clear answer- I found stuff about him falsifying experiences to market his own products, but I couldn't find where I'd read that at again after looking for it.

Also, after that, if you still think I'm him or am saying any of this "for him" then send me a PM and I'll be glad to do my best to show you that I'm nobody other than myself.

Nah, just remember him pushing his theories on various boards.I like to believe he perfected his essential oil powered wonder drug and ascended to Heaven.
Lmao, he definitely did have a lot of theories that were pretty hard to grasp, I read through a ton of his stuff on some threads he had on the "Nature's Herb" forum and it's an understatement to say that most of it was way over my head. I can understand the cold shoulder towards essential oils as recreational drugs for sure, and if you've read through some of what I've said here, you already know this, but what I'm trying to get at and piece together here definitely isn't a wonder drug or some insane psychedelic hidden in an essential oil- I've just noticed in myself and from what I've read from others that it does have some slight effects, but nothing I've gotten so far has been something you could compare to any of the well known psychedelics.

Zeta:

Hey man, I'm real sorry about not getting back to you, I've had my mind on other things and haven't taken any opportunities to get on Bluelight and I also have gotten super behind on what I'd planned to do with researching Elemi, but I've just gotten back into the flow luckily.

Now, I've got just a couple way overdue things to say to you: 1) Just to clarify, those experiences mentioned were for nutmeg oil, not Elemi, or am I wrong? 2) That's awesome what you said about elemicin being partly responsible for at least a small portion of the effects that Nutmeg has- I'm not sure if you've ever seen this mentioned before, but I've heard over and over that the elemicin in Nutmeg as well as by itself isn't in any way psychoactive and therefore plays no part in those effects. A small little percentage of us know that it definitely does have some effects, so that's just good to hear it reinforced by someone else and I'll be super glad if sometime down the road, there'll be a time where we can really crack its code and see how it really works. Thanks for your response here by the way, great to have the thread growing- even if I'm slacking off.

No problem, I understand having other priorities to attend to and am on a bit of a break myself since I'm remaining sober until the end of the year for multiple reasons, just dropping back in every so often.

Yes, the experiences described are from nutmeg essential oil, and I can now speak from another more recent one with 3 mL as well. The effects increased much in the expected way and were very intense and satisfying, though I'm still interested in pushing it further too. I'm willing to bet about 0% of people who've ever told you that elemicin is inactive have ever taken the pure chemical itself so I wouldn't necessarily put much stake in that, but I haven't tried to use it either itself or in elemi essential oil yet either so I really can't speak to that with any confidence either. All the literature I'm aware of has actually suggested that both myristicin and elemicin have long been thought to be the possible mediators of the psychoactive effects of nutmeg, for decades before the "oilahuasca" theories ever came around, so I really don't know what makes people doubt it so much. That being said, as I said before, I really wouldn't be surprised if most of the effects of nutmeg (or at least the essential oil since I still can't speak from experience with the whole nuts) comes from myristicin, even if just because I find a lot of the effects remarkably similar to MDMA, which myristicin is of course structurally more similar to than elemicin is, and the effects of 3 mL seem relatively consistent with what is generally described from myristicin specifically. However, it could just depend on the specific oil; I have seen scientific references saying that some nutmeg essential oil varieties actually contain more elemicin than myristicin, so the effects could be quite different depending on which one is used.

It won't be until after this break is over but eventually I will have elemi essential oil experience to speak from and then I will be able to comment further and a bit more confidently on this subject as well. And of course, I'm happy to contribute.

Has anyone experienced any significant distortions of proprioception with elemi oil/elemecin?? This sounds like it would be an excellent tool to make long backcountry hikes a bit more colorful.

Allylescaline works well for this purpose at low to moderate doses, but I want to save my last few hundred mg for higher dose trips, not as an aesthetic enhancer...

Has anyone experienced any significant distortions of proprioception with elemi oil/elemecin?? This sounds like it would be an excellent tool to make long backcountry hikes a bit more colorful.

Allylescaline works well for this purpose at low to moderate doses, but I want to save my last few hundred mg for higher dose trips, not as an aesthetic enhancer...

Sorry for not getting back earlier, I’ve spent the past many months offline and haven’t been checking anything, had to take some time to get my bearings on a lot of personal things I had going on at recently.

About your question though- I had a very similar idea, I was out for a walk on some trails near me a couple months ago and wanted to see how the environment would look while on elemi. I also wanted to see how it altered my way of doing things in a social setting (I was out with 4 or so other people, everyone engaging in conversation the entire time) and see if I noticed anything new that I’d missed on other experiences with it. I had more energy about me for sure- but not that jittery feeling from stimulants or the nonstop “need” for physical activity I’ll sometimes get from using amphetamines, this was a kind of energy that felt “clean” and it was very refreshing. In my time off of Bluelight and most of the internet as a whole, I spent a lot of time researching elemi myself- during my trials that I came up with, I learned a lot about all of the possible “effects” that one could get from it and have a ton of work done that’d be really interesting and important to share, but the only issue for me is that it’s all handwritten, so that’ll take some time to get typed up for sure, but I’ll be getting it done as soon as I’m able.