Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Election 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Is it just me or is Rudd starting to look more and more like a puppet and not really all that bright.

Im a swinging voter and this time I am far from certain which way to jump.

I was probably in favour of Rudd a few weeks ago but seriously.....now Im starting to have second thoughts.

I dont buy all that tax cuts crap.........I hate it when parties use that as a way to grab votes..........problem is that it often works............I always, wonder why they have been ripping us off up until now?

Exactly. I was watching the news this evening and Howard was jerking off about how much his tax cuts were going to help struggling working class families. Question: Why are those working class families struggling in the first place?

I don't particularly want Rudd as PM but if he keeps his promises on ratifying the Kyoto Protocol, and no nuclear power, I won't regret preferencing Labor above Liberal, which is what I'm going to do.

Every election I've ever voted in I've been forced to vote for someone who i think is simply the best of a bad lot. unfortunately this time i think will be the same. I won't be voting for John Howard, but I'm not sure I'll be voting for Kevin Rudd either.:(

my take on the campaign (official & unofficial) so far is:
John Howard is saying "Vote for me or the unions will eat you" & "if you vote for me. I'll give you money"

Kevin Rudd is saying "I agree with all his policies" & "The unions aren't really my friends"

Dam I hate the big parties:(

The only problem is you've got to preference and chose the lesser of two evils or throw away your vote. Or risk a minor party giving your vote to the greater of the two evils.

I don't think minor parties give your votes to another party. preference deals only refer to how to vote cards.
I hate how to vote cards. I believe if you need to use one you should not be voting.

I think that the best way to understand it is to watch the episode of South Park where the kids have to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

I think our choice is much the same wouldnt you say?

This is what I'm talking about.

'Above the line' voting

When you select a group voting square above the line, your vote is accepting the preference ticket previously lodged by that party or group. The only vote that counts above the line is your first vote. If you number other squares above the line, these do not count. Your first vote will count for your chosen party, but preferences for your vote will be distributed according to that party's preference ticket, not by the way you filled in your above the line vote. When you vote above the line, you give up the right to direct preferences the way you want and cede that right to your chosen party.

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/federal/2004/guide/senatevotingsystem.htm

I didnt know that LP.

I thought that voting 1-whatever above the line meant that you were choosing the parties and in the order u wanted them but was happy for the party to determine in what order there numbers went.

ie......... a 1 for the outdoor party meant the equivalent of a 1 to whatever on there ticket........... a 2 for the recreation party meant they got the next set of numbers and a 7 meant that the greens got the end or the worst part of my vote.

Sweet, I will from now on..............No wonder the bloody greens were still getting in...........lol

Im Labour forever. Tax cut's don't affect me and the pay bracket I'm in, so they won't sway me.

This election will be really close...but I can see Howard making it again :(

edit: Does anyone else consider it their responsibility to vote? I do...I always cringe when people say they never registered to vote, or they do donkey votes :(

i watched insight on sbs tonight. topic was young voters. all i can say is that if children are the future i wish i was religious cause then i could ask god to save us all.

aaah yeah so keep it on topic, state your opinion but respect that of others, don't get personal and don't let it degrade into a flame war.

there's your warning right there pal

argue on politicophiles

Kevin Rudd reminds me of a baby or a toddler.

when my girlfriend and i see him we make coochie coochie ga ga sounds

oh look isn't he cute.... He thinks his a big boy!

eggman88888 said:
aaah yeah so keep it on topic, state your opinion but respect that of others, don't get personal and don't let it degrade into a flame war.

there's your warning right there pal

argue on politicophiles

when my girlfriend and i see him we make coochie coochie ga ga sounds

oh look isn't he cute.... He thinks his a big boy!

dude, you're testing me right?

eggman88888 said:

Priceless quote.

"Lets be friends of the worm"................NO NO NO............Is he trying to match Bush for stupidness.

OMG.

Giant Douche or Turd Sandwich.

RexHunt said:
Im Labour forever. Tax cut's don't affect me and the pay bracket I'm in, so they won't sway me.

Aren't the cuts across the board? As in every bracket?

Unless of course you don't pay tax?

Status
Not open for further replies.