• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Elavil

Agentahna

Bluelighter
I have cyclic vomiting syndrome and I've been hospitalized around 5 times this last month, completely unable to keep down ANYTHING even water. I have had these episodes of nausea and vomiting since childhood and the only thing that helps is hot showers and IV Ativan when I'm hospitalized, which is a lot.
Well one of the doctors at Duke put me on Elavil during my last admission and since I started taking it I have seen like a 90 percent improvement in my symptoms. The only side effect is some mild dizziness and dry mouth. I've tried so many medicines, Scopolamine patches, zofran, promethazine, diclegus, reglan, and this is actually an antidepressant but it has pretty much cured my nausea

I hope this helps someone else with CVS!!

Glad you got some relief. I imagine cannabis doesn't help? :( I've heard of cannabis actually causing this. Interesting I didn't realize they used scopolamine outside of homeopathic medicine (other than to dilate pupils)

Weed actually DOES help and an asshole ER doctor already tried to diagnose me with hyperemesis cannabinoid syndrome or some shit like that.
I was like, I've had nausea and vomiting problems since I was 8 months old and I definitely wasn't smoking weed throughout my childhood when I was going through this exact same thing.

Yeah between the Elavil and scopolamine I been walking around here like Hellen Keller bumping into shit.

I'm glad to have some relief too omg Elavil is a miracle drug

Glad you got some relief. I imagine cannabis doesn't help? :( I've heard of cannabis actually causing this. Interesting I didn't realize they used scopolamine outside of homeopathic medicine (other than to dilate pupils)

Scopolamine is used here as travel sickness tablets. Probably in UK too!!
I think they come as 300 microgram doses per tablet and a box of twelve costs less than half a box of cigarettes. Ireland.

Pharmacy OTC medicine