• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Efffect on intelligence?

The most intelligent people I know are long term frequent/daily cannabis users.

However, cannabis does seem to have a negative impact on utilising that intelligence.

Furthermore, if you're a dumbfuck to begin with, then the detrimental effects won't be so obvious...

No I won't bother because you've said nothing.

You have said no but to what I can't tell so I assume everything in my well educated and personally informed post.

Then you said sugar isn't addictive so I was pretty sure you were just a troll.

Sugar is as addictive as cocaine. Cocaine is considered slightly less addictive then heroin so sugar would be much more addictive compared to cannabis.

For real statistics you also need to consider not every child will be fed cocaine or cannabis but probably they'll get sugar. Diabetes will kill more people this year in the world then drug related deaths (about 3 million dead world wide yearly) but let's focus on a belief that has no study to show it's true that maybe teen use of marijuana may cause some mental developmental issues.

Truth can be difficult to swallow when you've been spoon fed lies your whole life, just choose to stop spreading them.

SUGAR IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE AND IT IS THE NUMBER THREE SOURCE OF HUMAN DEATHS, FROM DIABETES NOT INCLUDING OTHER SUGAR RELATED COMPLICATIONS LIKE OBESITY.

Sorry for the caps but look it up and quote your sources here's some of mine.

in summation Yes, just yes. Pay attention to what your putting in your body, if someone is making money off it don't trust them as a source of information.
Oh thank fuck you replied because I honestly had a hard on for this conversation....

You’ve clearly have some intelligence issues, your DOC is weed isn’t it? 😉

You’ve cited some pretty shit sources. If that’s what you’ve read and ate up then fuck me...

People who write those shit articles are people who’ve seen some conclusion of a rodent study and then go on to make lofty claims like sugar is addictive.

Here’s the issue with rodent studies: Rodents that are used in the sugar studies are usually rodents who already have been given sugar previously as rewards so they start of already pretty biased. They also only give them intermittent access to the sugar solution which of course is going to cause a DA response.... do you see where I’m going with this? In rodent studies where they are allowed to have the sugar solution whenever they want they don’t report the addiction like behaviours but of course you won’t see those studies listed eh! I could list tons of issues with rodent studies, the fact always remains the same, they are interpreted poorly by people who don’t fully understand how they are preformed.

Here’s the fucking thing dude, we don’t eat just sugar, it is added in combination to a whole host of other highly processed food. Does that food have addictive like qualities? Sure, I will also admit that sweet food does illicit the DA response in the brain but it does not corrupt it like drugs do. A child will not eat out of a sugar bowl to get their “fix” if there’s no other sweet food in the house. It just doesn’t happen.

I’m gonna cite something that you really should read through thoroughly before you go bandying about those sources you cited yourself. Read it, look up the big words you won’t understand and if you’ve any questions I’ll be happy to answer them.

Because I'm a daily cannabis user past a decade I have experienced short term memory issues. If you give me a list of numbers or instructions I can only hold 3 instructions or numbers in small digits unless I can make it into a story or an image in my mind when you give the instructions.

For example I'm actually a baker with over 3 decades experience at my job. I'm good enough at most separate functions of baking that you can give me a 20 step process to make a new item I've never made or seem before and I'll be able to visualize the whole process as I read, hear or watch the instructions. If the numbers you give me fit a mathematical formula that I can place into a visual representation mentally I can hold then but I can't remember a 10 digit phone number between swapping screens in my phone.

Memory isn't lost but short term memory is quickly dropped or stored. My speed of recall is much faster and problem solving skills are as good as my early adult or teen years. Marijuana provides my brain with a larger supply of dopamine so more neural connections can be made at once and more thoughts completed.

Does it make me lazy? If I smoke it I have a bit of a lazy next morning. If I use it as an edible I'm only lazy in the fact I have stopped wasting time on pointless tasks.

Steve Jobs died from pancreatic cancer, due to a mostly fruit diet. Sugar kills. Just saying...

OT: Weed is rather benign, I would say @HeadphonesandLSD post was pretty on point.
If that was the case, that he got pancreatic cancer due fruit then it would be fructose that the issue is. That is not the same as what is added into our food. At all.

Education vs fear mongering.

You can just accept the status quo that selects sugar as fine and cannabis as demonic or you can educate yourself.

I don't have fear because I've educated myself. My job isn't to educate anyone else just express my experience which runs directly in line with educate yourself don't take fear mongering ideas at face value.

Because I wasn't diagnosed until later in life I didn't use cannabis until my late 40's, if I had been able to use it as a teen I wouldn't have faced half the issues I've had to deal with. Because many of those issues resulted in personal disasters in my life and the lives of people around me I am hesitant to suggest marijuana shouldn't be used by minors or teens. Before we ban things more studies need to be done by people who don't make money off either side of the argument.

I can't remember a 10 digit phone number between swapping screens in my phone.

I couldn't either. But you can copy paste lol.

All that stuff you mentioned is normal weed or not. Forget the sugar. What about kids being put on anti d's at age 12? Rather my kid smoke pot.

Unarmed french-speaking immigrant Montréaler/Québeker Bony Jean-Pierre died after being shot by SPVM-GTi agent Christian Gilbert who used his alternative weapon at unsafe distance aiming for the head (e.g. against the manufacturer's instructions...), over 8 oz collected from multiple pockets not even belonging to the dead victim.

The thing with cannabis is it doesn't really make you stupid it just makes you lazy. Being lazy can lead to stupid things. If you do smoke daily for a long time and stop some clarity comes back. The main problem with it is you'll accept things you wouldn't otherwise. Since you're lazy you'll neglect doing things like school work or your job. Most pot smokers aren't going to hit the gym everyday and will opt for easy meals instead of cooking.

On brain development: They say now that your brain doesn't fully develop until you're into your early 20s. Throwing drugs in the mix probably has a minor effect on it but most things are reversible if you don't abuse substances. With all the stuff people put into their bodies daily (most food is horrible for you) I wouldn't be very concerned about using pot here and there. It's one of those things where no one really knows for sure. Alcohol is probably worse for you than smoking pot, most medications are probably worse for you than smoking pot too.

The teenage years are when most people start experimenting because they aren't fully developed yet and are more prone to taking risks adults wouldn't attempt. It's that combination of freedom and boldness that gets people into trouble. It's the same reason why 16-20 year old drivers speed so much and don't follow all the rules of the road. If all you've done is smoked a couple of times it is probably nothing to be concerned about. 4-5 grams isn't really a high dose anyway. The quality of pot is better now but when I was 15 my friends and I would go through multiple ounces in a weekend. I was regularly tested for IQ as a child and I never lost any points due to drug use. In fact I've found high IQ people are the ones that have the most problems with drug abuse (opioids, benzos, alcohol mainly). Smart people typically have problems in social situations and use drugs to dumb themselves down to fit in.

I don't really have much time at the moment but wanted to comment that though subjective & anecdotal the apathy / accepting part of cannabis use seems relatively accurate to me. In my case I actually find that aspect to be part of the reason why I find cannabis to be a useful substance. I find that it helps me be more accepting of things such as certain health issues I have. This effect would generally be seen as a negative but in certain scenarios (such as mine) this negative can in fact be turned into a positive. Again I just want to state that this "effect" is anecdotal. It's just something that I've experienced & have noticed in others. I'm not of the mind to cite sources or debate the merits of my anecdotal observations. I just wanted to mention my experience in using what is generally considered a negative side effect in a positive manner while adding an anecdotal confirmation of the statement that was made mentioning said effect. :)