• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Effexor---Why so damn expensive>??

kvsouth69

Bluelighter
I lost my insurance and I am prescribed 60 150mg Effexor XR a month. At the cheapest pharmacy it's over $200 for the generic!!!!! WTH!!!!! I will end up in a psych ward if I can't get this med! I did a lot of reserach and found a discount that brings it to $22, but what if I hadn't? They were less than helpful about trying to find me a way to afford it even though I was expressing my need for this. What gives???? Is it that new or will it alwys be that much?? It's theh ONLY antidepressant that has worked, changed my life for the better, and left me with a clarity of mind.

This may be close to the no pricing rule here. I could explain if you message me.

This may be close to the no pricing rule here. I could explain if you message me.
'

I wondered if this counted when I was typing it...except I figured it's a very legitmate concern on basic drugs. Blood pressure meds I've heard being well over what someone could afford. But if it's against the rules, I understand. Just wanted everyone out there to know that although pharmacies will not tell you there are great discount free clubs that are legit and can save you hundreds on your monthly scripts.
thanks for looking otu for me.

Sorry, moderator, if this was wrong. I figured it was borderline but not sure if it actually crossed the line.

Im not sure either, kv but I was once discussing the price of Suboxone or Zubsolv and a mod edited it out. I can explain with out prices if you wish.