• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids effects of too much ibuprofen?

hh95

Bluelighter
Lately I have been indulging in codeine... alongside 6000mg of Ibuprofen each time. This has been going on for months. What sort of damage would this be doing to me internally. I ingest this much about once or twice a fortnight. I have no excuse for not doing a CWE im just lazy as I have noticed no side effects from this much ibuprofen. yet. Im beginning to think ibuprofen does absolutely nothing anyway.

The maximum Ibuprofen dose per day is between 1.200 and 2.400mg. Do yourself a favor and start doing a CWE. Or do you prefer liver/kidney damage over crushing and filtering some pills?
Don't be a fool suggesting to yourself it does no harm.

^^Agreed!!

CWE before liver failure. It's no fun having doctors tell your family to come say goodbye. Believe me it's not just your kidneys at risk as ppl commonly indicate.

Rtp

iirc ibuprofen is metabolized by the stomach. So in the case of constant damage and OD you're likely to experience serious discomfort in your tummy.

I feel like you're a troll tbh as this is quite irresponsible and not many people are dumb enough to be beating their internal organs like that.

Ibuprofen doesn't effect the liver like APAP, the effects of overdose usually manifest as gastric bleeding & kidney damage.

I seem to recall that the side effects of high doses of ibuprofen are generally more well tolerated than APAP. Not that you should be taking 6 grams at a time....

Damage by NSAID abuse are generally gastro-intestinal related. So stomach pains and heartburn are the first signs of trouble If you really push your luck, you'll get a nasty stomach ulcer or perforate your stomach. It's not uncommon for that to happen.

Lately I have been indulging in codeine... alongside 6000mg of Ibuprofen each time. This has been going on for months. What sort of damage would this be doing to me internally. I ingest this much about once or twice a fortnight. I have no excuse for not doing a CWE im just lazy as I have noticed no side effects from this much ibuprofen. yet. Im beginning to think ibuprofen does absolutely nothing anyway.

I think you may want to check your liver levels too.

Yeah^

I'm just saying from first hand experience that it definitely harms ur liver.

I will attest to taking at least a packet (24) nuerofen plus tablets daily, or more, in my young & dumb years.

Rtp

that's not a healthy amount of ibuprofen to be burdening your liver with (max dose for adults is 3200mgs a day).
cwe or stop messing with codeine, cause although a precise lethal dose is difficult to determine, liver failure is not - hint - slow, painful death.

Hepatic damage. Your liver is being put through hell with the dosages of NSAIDS that you are indulging in. It can and very well might kill you if you continue consuming Iburprofen or any other NSAID for that matter in the quantities specified.

Like others have said, there is a very simple solution to your problem. Performing a Cold Water Extraction on your pills will get rid of most of the other junk that you don't want, with minimal loss of opioid if done correctly. It will get easier with time and you will find the most efficient/easiest/quickest way to do the extraction.