• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Effects of Gabapentin (Neurontin) on different people

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
So I have a script for gabas and recreationaly i take about 2400mg spaced out over a few hours. Now the thing is gabas make me hella energetic to the point of almost jittery adderall feeling type stuff. When i ask other people that take gabas there responses are all different as to what the effects are on them. 75% say it makes them get a mild buzz and relaxation and the others say it has the same effect that i get from it. What is the reason for the? Is it simply just the fact that everyone reacts to drugs differently? Different brain chemistry? I know the people i asked that said it make them relaxed weren't big drug users, just weed. Ive had a long history of dissociative drug abuse to my brain chemistry mite be altered..who knows. If anyone has any thoughts regarding this please send a reply! thanks!

When I started taking gabapentin in detox/rehab it made me very relaxed and almost like I was walking on air...I felt great. Now I take about 1800mg two or three times a day (as i hear that's really the ceiling dose before it stops adding anything) and its just become another crutch. If I don't take it I get almost withdrawal feelings withing 8 hours. Yawns, pains, the whole 9 yards

To answer your question...yes, it works differently on different people.

I'm sure that just with any substance, people metabolize it differenty which is going to lead to different effect profiles from person to person. Codeine for example: I do not metabolize it. I have taken up to a gram through CWE with zero effects. Some people can drink lean/cheratussin/syrup and get FUCKED UP. Those people live my dream.

Alll of that aside. I've got some experience with gabapentin, as well as the other GABA drugs. The dose/effect curve is different than mostl substances I have tried. I usually take doses of 3-5 grams at a time, staggered for maximum effect. On some occasions I get some preferable efffects: increased sociability, physical relaxation, verbosity etc. On some occasions though, I have taken those same rather high doses, with zero effect. It's a bummer when than happens, but in retrospect it's really kind of interesting.

Stomach content has a very real effect on gabapentin. On an empty stomach it has produced zero effects. Taken after a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter the effects are bolstered due to its lipid solubility. Try taking your pills after eating a full meal high in fat, make it an experiment. You might get a much more pronounced effect.

Just my two cents.

I've always found this strange as well. Yeah, everyone reacts to different substances differently but the variance in this one is essentially all or nothing. I personally respond very well to gabapentin and find it recreational and particularly useful in social situations due to the huge confidence and mood boost along with an increased talkativeness.

I commented in a BDD thread about the exact effects I get from neurontin so I'll just copy em here, but for some reason a select amount of people feel nothing, zip, nada. Very strange... The stuff does wonders for opiate withdrawal too, though lyrica is a bit better for both uses.

- Moderate to strong mood lift
- Minor body oriented euphoria
- Strong increase in confidence
- Reduction of anxiety
- Ever so slight OEV and CEV
- Minor loss of coordination
- Sometimes severe case of the giggles, hilarity
- Increased socialization

Its kind of trippy. It feels like a benzo, opiate, and stimulant in one, but mild and leaning towards benzo feeling.