• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Effects Of Food And Acidity In The Stomach For Mainly Clonazepam And Temazepams.

Thomas29

Bluelighter
I would Like To Know How Much If AT ALL Acidity PH In The Stomach And Or Eating Food At Or Close Enough To The Same Time As Dosing Clonazepam Or Temazepam as I have them Prescribed But Use Others For Example I Read On Valium It Says it Slows Absorption But To Be Safe Take On Empty Stomach For Maximum Effects..... I just Do Not Have A Clear Answer Nobody Seems To Know If An Acidic Stomach With Food In It Would Make Benzos Like Clonazepam Absorb Less And I would Assume It Would OBVIOUSLY Slow Down How Long The Peak And Full Effects Take To Fully Take Effect On The Body But If ANYBODY HAS SPECIFIC ANSWERS AND OR POSSIBLE HELPFUL SOURCES IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY ME A LOT! Thank You For All And Any Help Everyone!

Well obviously taking it on an Empty-Stomach is Best But I Basically just need to know about an Acidic Stomach/PH.

It's not going to affect absorption - just the amount of time it takes to absorb. You can completely bypass this issue with the clonazepam by taking it sublingually. The temazepam, is a bit more tricky in this respect, as it comes in a capsule and taking the powder sublingually just doesn't work as well with the particular fillers present (or at least in the Restoril generics I've had in the past). Just don't eat anything within an hour or 2 of taking your hypnotic for sleep.

Acidity/alkalinity isn't going to affect the absorption of these drugs very much at all, and they will always have an oral bioavailability of over 90%.

It should not cause you any problems I had a stomach bleed when I was 30 and am on omepzazole for the rest of my life I take clonazepam 1mg per night and dont have any problems. I decided to stop the Omeprazole to see if I could get away with any acid issues but ended up breathing stomach acid into my lungs while asleep this is fucking horrible

Ouch^ Sorry To Hear your Condition is Life Long, But Hey we all got Our Different Problems Eh?

Some patients crush, then dissolve under tongue.

Yes, I do believe empty/full stomach plays a huge role in absorption. As for the rate, zero clue, sorry.

Okay I have used Cmietidine For A Number Of things but Mainly make My Methadone STRONGER no SO Much Prehenstoric
BUT EMAIL Me a Link for Please Amd Thank You!?!?

Really YOU GUYS CALL YOURSELFS A HARMR REDUCTION WEBSITE MORE LIKE A BULLSHIT LIE EXCUSE FOR THIS Website that Joke about And Laugh at people who don't know what they are doing and give them Unsuitable Amounts Of Tolerance Nevermind That Not even Tolerance to there Situation.

Last edited:
I don't think gastric pH effects absorbtion of clonazepam or temazepam because they are still freebases in the acid environment of the stomach, but having fatty stuff in your stomach might make the absorbtion take longer. I don't think it decreases the total BA, just the duration to peak.

Put the clonazepam under your tongue?

Thank You just making Sure All Medications Absorb Different GABAPentin Eaten With Food Increases the BA%.

I plan on taking 6 mg xanax on Saturday will i be clean thursday for urine screen to the lab? I haven't taken xanax in a few months...it wouldn't let me post anywhere else sorry

Okay I have used Cmietidine For A Number Of things but Mainly make My Methadone STRONGER no SO Much Prehenstoric
BUT EMAIL Me a Link for Please Amd Thank You!?!?

Really YOU GUYS CALL YOURSELFS A HARMR REDUCTION WEBSITE MORE LIKE A BULLSHIT LIE EXCUSE FOR THIS Website that Joke about And Laugh at people who don't know what they are doing and give them Unsuitable Amounts Of Tolerance Nevermind That Not even Tolerance to there Situation.

that made no sense

Thomas29, keep this simple. Sekio, is spot on in regards to what your asking about. I take benzos daily. Maybe it don't matter too much, but I feel mine works better the more alkaline I am, including the drink I wash it down with. Light food or if you need it to hit you quicker, empty stomach.Btw, we are a harm reduction community. No matter what, there is no reason to get mad at us or trash Bluelight.

It's not going to affect absorption - just the amount of time it takes to absorb. You can completely bypass this issue with the clonazepam by taking it sublingually. The temazepam, is a bit more tricky in this respect, as it comes in a capsule and taking the powder sublingually just doesn't work as well with the particular fillers present (or at least in the Restoril generics I've had in the past). Just don't eat anything within an hour or 2 of taking your hypnotic for sleep.

Acidity/alkalinity isn't going to affect the absorption of these drugs very much at all, and they will always have an oral bioavailability of over 90%.

Great info thank you and OP for posting the thread