• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Effect of a bunch of passiflorine ?

no_id

Bluelighter
Ive seen that Ive access to this, I ask myself if it have some values ? What does it do ? I'm looking for a non gabaergic non antihistaminic non antipsychotic drug wich help me to sleep after my sub WD

Passionflower extracts are supposed to produce GABAergic effects, albeit very, very, mild ones.

Your best bet would probably be L-theanine and melatonin. L-theanine is, I believe, a GABAergic, but one with little to no abuse potential (and it actually works).

L-theanine, l-tryptophan, and pentanoic acid (component of Valerian) together knocks me out like a light. I'm off valium now and only use these amino acids and beer for sleep.

Is passiflorine aka harman?

Passiflorine is a flavanoid, not a harmine, but there are harmines in some passion flowers (there's like hundreds of species) (harmines from harmala extract being monoamine oxidase inhibitors used in ayahuasca--you want to be careful with those, but they can help with depression).

There are studies on passiflorine, and it seems to have some benefit for anxiety on par with benzos. I don't know how good those studies are, OP, but found a site with nothing to sell that has plenty of references:

U Maryland Medical Center, Passion Flower

Ahh thanks Scrofula.

Chamomile has some interesting flavonoids too and is very relaxing (to the op). Ive not much experience with passionflower.