• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

ED Pamphlet Contest OVER! Thanks for participating! Please print and distribute!

Choose the letter corresponding to your favorite pamphlet below!

• A

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • B

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh man I'm excited, I hope the prize is a lifetime supply of vicks, menthols, and glowsticks. or just a big bag of ecstasy. either way, woooooo!

Okay, well, the prizes went out - yes, they're just colorful custom titles. I wanted them to be a little more sparkly, but oh well! Anyway, Ecstasy PR Guru Blagmarket, would you mind uploading a hi-res version of your pamphlet so people can begin to download and distribute?

By the way, thanks for everyone who contributed. I hope we can do more stuff like this in the future, with more entries (and probably better prizes this time too). If anyone has any ideas for future contests, feel free to let us know in the social thread or by PM.

Well, I'm very late to the discussion, but I'd like to make a few comments....

While it's certainly true that MDMA use reduces levels of serotonin in the brain, this effect is unlikely to last for more than a few days (at most). The 'real' problem is that the large spikes in serotonin levels caused by MDMA make your brain tolerant (resistant to) the effects of serotonin. It's as if the volume on your serotonin system gets turned down, and it takes time (probably around a month from a single recreational dose) for your brain's sensitivity to serotonin to fully recover. The effect is the same as having low serotonin levels (a weaker serotonin 'signal' in the brain), but the mechanism is more subtle.

I don't know if it's worth trying to explain this phenomenon to people in a pamphlet. It's a bit technical, and in most regards the consequences are the same as depleted serotonin, with one important exception: Serotonin levels can be quickly restored with things like 5-HTP, while tolerance to serotonin can only be reversed by a somewhat extended period of abstinence. As a result, people may mistakenly believe they can avoid/cure any problems simply by doing things like taking 5-HTP, and that's just not the case. It's a good short term fix, but ultimately time is the only thing that cures all ills.

In that vein, for the best long term results I would recommend a somewhat longer waiting period between uses than the 2-4 weeks suggested by the pamphlet (six weeks is probably ideal), but I also think it's unlikely that people will listen to such conservative advice, so I'll endorse the '2-4 weeks' as reasonable. :) If I could make one addition to it, I would probably add something to the effect of "frequent use may make you less motivated, depressed, or cause memory problems; if you start to notice any signs that this may be happening to you, immediately take a longer break (several months.)" I believe this subtle erosion of mental health by overly frequent use is the most common (and somewhat 'hidden') public health concern with ecstasy use. It's not a spectacular drug side effect, but it can definitely make your life less happy/productive.

It's a fairly complicated subject so it's tricky to decide what people most need to know and to put it in a brief, easily understood format, but all in all I'd say that's an excellent pamphlet; nice work.

^ fixed that for you. ;)

well done. not bad for a n00b, eh? :D here's hoping you stick around.

I think I may print and photocopy a load of these and sneak around during the night and put these on tents at this festival. I want to feel like a do gooder :D

I'm going to post this link over in a thread on the Pill Reports Discussion board if ya'll don't mind....congrats blaqmarket! :)

A! Nice work!!!!

I'd love to get a graphic to print some for harm reduction booths!

Bravo on the design! Very neat, clean, and well-thought. I like B, (because I'm a nerd), but it has information that some people may not understand.

=D =D =D