• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ecstasy induced dyslexia...

Try being a numerical dyslexic and you give your phone number to a really cute girl... and she thinks you're trying to blow her off by giving her some random series of numbers.
So then you finally sort that out and she tells you to come over to her place and her address is definintiely a combination of the three numbers you wrote down and you spend the night walking up and down the road trying to sort that out.
Being a dyslexic sucks balls. and I'm not talking about the nice gentle ball sucking, I'm talking hoover on your bollox at full power.
------------------
Empathy. Grace.

^Hehe@above. Yes, I think using drugs and me aging has caused some form of dyslexia, even though I'm only young. Or maybe it's some form of ADD. I don't know. I have also forgot the meaning of alot of big words and get random irrelevant words pop up in my head. Or is this all a common side-effect of depression. It took me about 3 times to get that joke in the post below mine.

Last edited:
I've always noticed the occasional dyslexia after having first tried drugs, though more recently its spread just from the rare word mix up to my physical actions. For example I can remember one time I was making a bowl of cereal and a coffee. When the jug was boiled I poured all the hot water over my cereal .... once I could smell it I realised what I was doing (oddly enough it was kinda similar to a popcorn smell) and discretely disposed of the cereal without my mum seeing (whom was also in the room at the time). On another occasion I was about to make toast, but first I needed to blow my nose. I then proceeded to try and put the tissue box in the toaster. Didnt take me long to realise it wasn't gonna work tho ;) Theres been heaps of other similar occurances to these as well, which I can only contribute to drugs, since it never happened prior to use.

Appropriate joke:
A dyslexic walks into a bra..... :D

I have noticed that sometimes I'll associate the number 4 with the letter F for some reason. Like I'll be writing something (with a pen) and write 4ree when I meant to write free.

Odd or just plain thick? You be the judge.

pretty much everything everyone has mentioned i have, especially a noticeable reduction in memory . . .

and i blame it all on chronic alcohol use over the past 10 years . . . i havent dont e or any other drug enough for my memory loss to be that, so it must be the drink . . .

fucking alcohol . . .

hmm, yeah I've also noticed this especially during scat day, Except I haven't had any pills for about 4 months and it still exists when I start typing a lot on MSN really fast. Perhaps its just carelessness, but recently I started taking a bit of 5-htp for sleep (and had lots of crazy dreams :) ) and noticed that I was no longer making the same traditional fuckups.
Perhaps i'm just getting better rounded sleep, or its just given me more motivation to actually care about what im typing.
Or perhaps there is actually a correlation between serotonin and dyslexia 8o .
hahahaha its a pretty stupid concept.
But I couldn't find any articles against the hypothesis.
Perhaps because it's a stupid concept or whatever.. I don't care.
It's funny anyway. =D
Thought it was worth a mention as the basis for many experiments come from stupid farfetched ideas like this one

xcidium said:
Appropriate joke:
A dyslexic walks into a bra..... :D

I have noticed that sometimes I'll associate the number 4 with the letter F for some reason. Like I'll be writing something (with a pen) and write 4ree when I meant to write free.

Odd or just plain thick? You be the judge.

I somtimes do this aswell, only instead of being 4 and f its 2 and n. I can kinda understand why in both cases anyhow, with the number 4, assuming it was the slightly different four to the one in this font, rather the 4 that is basically the F turned 90 degrees to the left, and then the middle part extended down. With 2 and n if you rotate the lowercase n 90 degree to the left, and then flip it horitzontally, its basically the same shape as the 2. I guess the brain must confuse them since they are the same shape essentially, though at different angles.

jakoz said:
Since Ive been pilling, Ive noticed that (with alarming and increasing regularity) I type or say words that are similar to the word I mean in terms of the way they sound.
An example: I was just posting when I wrote 'fine' instead of 'fun', and didnt pick it up until I reread the post. Seems nothing, except that I do it a LOT, and I never used to.
Wondering whether anyone is experiencing the same.

I totally and 100% agree, i now (post xtc use) do this all the time and it's not getting any better as the clean years go on either....

"i know these hands like the back of my streets"

i accidentally said that out loud, twice, this week. am i a moron or what?

Maybe you've always had dyslexia?

Moving on, the most likely cause is something that is seemingly benign. For example my last place, a 70 year old shack really started to affect my cognitive abilities. Memory, dyslexia, speaking and everything else was significantly affected. I was terribly upset because you know you tend to rely on and require speaking and remembering things.

It wasn't until I moved out of this place that all of a sudden everything just rebounded back into place, and all throughout this time I was having the odd pill/tab.

Don't under estimate the influence a sick houses/workplaces has on the human body. Look it up on google for more information. So if you know your place is a bit of a shack, you've got mould and 20 year old carpets perhaps its time to move out in the name of your brain cells.

Also a lack of sleep really fucks you up in this regard. At the moment 6 hours sleep (courtesy of my new daughter) has caused me to put errors through out this post (i'm writing this on my second edit).