• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstasy flashbacks

Poak - yes, this makes sense.
I have had an evolution of symptoms over the course of 7 months since my last dose. MANY of them closely resemble some of the subjective effects of MDMA.

It sounds like your case is relatively minor, but I had dizziness/spatial distortions for weeks after use. I have also had sensations, sometimes subtle, on the nerves of my face and scalp.

Head-pressure can sometimes feel like rolling, when it isn't painful or bothersome.
This still happens, after 7 months.
However, none of these symptoms are associated with euphoria.
At best, they could be described as mildly pleasant - on rare occasions.

I have seen many anecdotal reports from other users saying similar things.
Some even have mild visual hallucinations along with their dizziness.
In medical case-reports, severe visual hallucinations have been documented, along with other symptoms, like jaw clenching and bruxism (teeth grinding). Keep in mind some of the ex-users had been abstinent for years.

MDMA 're-wires' the brain. This is considered a proven fact by most scientists.
Decreases of regional blood flow in the brain are common following use.
Increases sometimes follow, but this is less common. It is considered a marker of 're-wiring' and is often seen to last for months.
It is the consequences of this 're-wiring' that remain a mystery.

What you describe is entirely plausible.
Consider it a sign that at least one region of brain tissue is being 're-wired'.
The 5-HT system has been shown to recover over a very long, protracted period of time. You should give yourself a lot more time before rolling again. 1 year minimum, in my opinion.
The only way to speed it up is exercise.

Umm... What are you even answering here? The OP is asking if anyone else gets flashbacks from MDMA, not wondering about other effects, but whatever. You go on in your next post to talk about LSD which is completely irrelevant.

To answer the OP's question, yes I also get flashbacks sometimes. If I hear a good song, a song I heard while on MDMA, or am reminded of something I've done on MDMA then I will for a brief second feel like I'm on it again. Going to good concerts sober I sometimes feel like I am rolling as well. Crazy stuff eh?

Indeed, I misconstrued what the OP said about his usage...

It is quite rare to have 'flashbacks' from 2 doses, don't you think?
If they are really experiencing this from such limited exposure, my reply is still relevant. :p

LSD is relevant because it is also a serotonergic drug.
This is pretty simple.

Nearly ALL psychedelic drugs act primarily upon the 5-HT system, and many do so exclusively. Although the effect is different for each drug, there are also similarities that give these drugs a distinct identity from non-serotonergic ones.

Wide-scale studies on LSD use among men entering the military were done in the 70s. Since then, LSD use has dropped considerably, and such studies are nearly impossible now. The content of these studies is not free, but a summary of the findings is easily found on Wikipedia. While it is a simple resource, it is still relevant.
There are plenty of case-studies of MDMA users exhibiting 'flashbacks' long after abstinence.

Perhaps my tone was a little strong for someone having mild flashbacks after
only two uses. Maybe it wasn't...

It might be an indication that the OP is susceptible to other symptoms as well.
It is a good idea for the OP to carefully consider this, before taking MDMA again.
And I stick by my recommendation to wait longer than a month before rolling again. I know several people that say MDMA is a 'once a year' drug.
Quite clearly, many users disagree.

Hey - Splinter, Chitown - you can both put me on 'Ignore'.
So what is stopping you?

Strange...
It would appear you are threatened by my approach to MDMA.
You have claimed that I am 'freaking people out'.
Perhaps you are just offended by the possibility that MDMA is harming you.
Yet, you are still impotent to argue my assertions directly.
All I see are personal criticisms.

This time I may have made a mistake, but what stops you from arguing my assertion that MDMA AND LSD re-wire the brain and THIS is the cause of 'flashbacks'??

Maybe its because I am right...

^^ it's like arguing with a brick wall.

OMG METH IS LIKE NICOTINE BECAUSE THE BOTH RELEASE DOPAMINE.

Also, if you are attending any sort of educational institution, go to the library or find out about their online resources. It will serve you much better than wikipedia.

This time I may have made a mistake, but what stops you from arguing my assertion that MDMA AND LSD re-wire the brain.

Probably the same thing that stops you from providing credible and sources of information and data thats relevant to the subject matter at hand.

Wide-scale studies[Citation Needed] on LSD use among men entering the military were done in the 70s. Since then, LSD use has dropped considerably, and such studies are nearly impossible now. The content of these studies is not free[Citation Needed], but a summary of the findings is easily found on Wikipedia. While it is a simple resource, it is still relevant. There are plenty of case-studies[Citation Needed] of MDMA users exhibiting 'flashbacks' long after abstinence. Perhaps my tone was a little strong for someone having mild flashbacks after only two uses. Maybe it wasn't... It might be[Citation Needed] an indication that the OP is susceptible to other symptoms as well. It is a good idea for the OP to carefully consider this, before taking MDMA again. And I stick by my recommendation to wait longer than a month before rolling again. I know several people that say MDMA is a 'once a year' drug. Quite clearly, many users disagree. [Citation Needed]
8)

Can we move on? doesn't anyone else have any input that doesnt require reading the dictionary of MDMA?

Last edited:
Indeed, I misconstrued what the OP said about his usage...

It is quite rare to have 'flashbacks' from 2 doses, don't you think?
If they are really experiencing this from such limited exposure, my reply is still relevant. :p

LSD is relevant because it is also a serotonergic drug.
This is pretty simple.

Nearly ALL psychedelic drugs act primarily upon the 5-HT system, and many do so exclusively. Although the effect is different for each drug, there are also similarities that give these drugs a distinct identity from non-serotonergic ones.

Wide-scale studies on LSD use among men entering the military were done in the 70s. Since then, LSD use has dropped considerably, and such studies are nearly impossible now. The content of these studies is not free, but a summary of the findings is easily found on Wikipedia. While it is a simple resource, it is still relevant.
There are plenty of case-studies of MDMA users exhibiting 'flashbacks' long after abstinence.

Perhaps my tone was a little strong for someone having mild flashbacks after
only two uses. Maybe it wasn't...

It might be an indication that the OP is susceptible to other symptoms as well.
It is a good idea for the OP to carefully consider this, before taking MDMA again.
And I stick by my recommendation to wait longer than a month before rolling again. I know several people that say MDMA is a 'once a year' drug.
Quite clearly, many users disagree.

Hey - Splinter, Chitown - you can both put me on 'Ignore'.
So what is stopping you?

Strange...
It would appear you are threatened by my approach to MDMA.
You have claimed that I am 'freaking people out'.
Perhaps you are just offended by the possibility that MDMA is harming you.
Yet, you are still impotent to argue my assertions directly.
All I see are personal criticisms.

This time I may have made a mistake, but what stops you from arguing my assertion that MDMA AND LSD re-wire the brain and THIS is the cause of 'flashbacks'??

Maybe its because I am right...

Are you aware of how many things we do daily "re-wire" our brains. I really would like to understand why you make MDMA sound so horrible... what is your motive here? Do you understand that you're on a website primarily filled with people that ENJOY the substance? Please stop making posts like this.

There are plenty of users like yourself, Splinter, that deny the weight of scientific data stacked against MDMA. It seems to be the trend, until people discover the dark-side for themselves.

Some users are smarter than this and may listen to my detailed warnings.
What is it that you provide?
Does the public really need another pro-MDMA advocate that dismisses posts regarding negative side-effects???

You don't even like the presence of a single dissenting voice.
That is a pretty clear sign of weakness.

That is why you have begun insisting on multiple citations, while ignoring the ones I have provided.
If you don't want a 'dictionary' why insist on so many?

Requiring my argument to be perfect, when yours is clearly NOT, is a pretty risky approach.
There is plenty of relevance to what I present.

If this weren't so, decades of research on MDMA would not have been done already. But I suppose you think all these scientists are just writing dictionaries of propaganda.

Why don't you just give them one of these - 8)
Then you can consider the matter settled...

You see, You4EuH, I never actually SAY that MDMA is 'horrible'.
I simply present what has been established by YEARS of hard work on the part of people much smarter than either of us.

If the readers, such as yourselves, feel that I am calling MDMA 'horrible' it is their interpretation. Some readers may reach a different conclusion than you.
Not all BLers are so blinded by the drug to consider 're-wiring' perfectly acceptable.
This is a seriously WEAK argument.

MDMA can cause more 're-wiring' in one night than YEARS of normal living.

Indeed, I could list several positive aspects to MDMA use, as if there isn't enough of it around here.
For example - I fucked two smoking hot women the last time I rolled.
What would be the point of this, when I have clearly paid too heavy a price?

Call me a 'brick-wall' if you want.
I consider it a compliment.

Call me a 'troll' - clearly I am much more than this.
Apparently, I am a major disruption to certain MDMA users...

what is your motive here? Do you understand that you're on a website primarily filled with people that ENJOY the substance? Please stop making posts like this.

Considering the data available on the RISKS of MDMA use, along with countless anecdotal reports of negative outcomes...

This is exactly where the warnings and education need to take place.
And not all people that 'ENJOY the substance' find my posts bothersome.

Quite a few have been appreciative of the 'dictionary' that I provide. :D

Considering the data available on the RISKS of MDMA use, along with countless anecdotal reports of negative outcomes...

This is exactly where the warnings and education need to take place.
And not all people that 'ENJOY the substance' find my posts bothersome.

Quite a few have been appreciative of the 'dictionary' that I provide. :D

OP I aplogize that FirstBadComedown has ruined yet again another fine thread...this is supposed be about "Ecstasy Flashbacks" but once more we have been completely derailed by feeding the troll.

Im not here to defend myself against trolls, so I think its time for the mods to close this one down as it cant go any further and FirstBadComedown is bound to keep up his cut n paste verbonics . :\

Let me remind Bluelighters that by clicking on a persons name and going to their profile you can "Add to Ignore" as not to be fed useless information that dangerously derails scientific arguements.

alot of users seem to be rather upset with FirstBadComedowns posting routines and rituals, If more users simply click "ignore" we can put an end to his dangerous ignorance.

For now Unfortunately, I can not ignore him because he simply puts out too much opinion as fact and I find it to be harmful to this community as a whole...

Just Click this>> to add him to ignore

I'm not denying that MDMA can be harmful when abused. Read my other posts before you draw that conclusion. I just think you're taking it way too fat. This thread speciically is not about the dangers of MDMA which lead me to believe that you are just trying to spread the word that MDMA is bad for your own benefit because of something that happened to you. I think you should stop as it doesn't seem to be helping anyone, and people are clearly getting annoyed by your presence around this site. If I, being a firstday bluelighter can tell this, then there must be something to it.

Finally, Splinter has made a decent suggestion regarding me.

Anyone that is either annoyed by me, tired of me, or threatened by me is free to Ignore me.
That is why Bluelight built in this function.
It is always the readers choice...

Considering some threads have hundreds or thousands of views aside from those that post, this will have little impact overall. The members of Bluelight that wish to ignore me were unlikely to benefit from my contributions, in the first place.

Suggesting that I am somehow 'harming' this community is laughable.
Even if I were way off base, like you seem to think, what 'harm' could come from listening to me?

MDMA causes 'harm'. Yes, it also causes positive effects.
There is a fine line between the two.

My primary assertions are quite strong, but I never tell others to avoid MDMA altogether.
That is not my goal.

At the end of many of my posts, you can see me giving great harm-reduction advice that is backed up by both research AND anecdotal reports:

Do NOT redose.
This has been proven to increase the damage done to the 5-HT network.
If you do, make it small and take it before you peak.
Space your rolls by 3 months.
Control your body temperature, and drink electrolytes.

Of course, you never bring this up when accusing me of 'harming' this community.
A 'community' of drug users could use the type of 'harm' that I bring to the table. :p

Stop being so childish.

This isnt a game!

Bluelight is a community which for years has helped educate and inform users of the the myths and dangers of dancing on ecstasy. This is nothing new. Science has proven to a certain degree that MDMA cause some damage, perhaps MAYBE permanent.

But your approach to the most helpful members of this community have been anything but scare tactics. Your buddys may pat you on the back for being so "intelligent" but clearly you are only on top when you are slamming someone else down.

If I were to break my finger and had to be rushed in to the hospital, you would be sitting next to me telling me over and over about how its going to "fall off".

You would spout all nonsense and fear to try and get people to respect you and worship your facade of intellect even if you knew that everything were gunna be fine.

So Im sorry I have to combat you with my personal opinions on your "harm reduction" techniques. Just because you post your opinion doesnt make it true.

Just be mindful of other members in this community that you have never met and maybe you wont be a problem for this community any more.

Please just work with us here.

I was 'working' with the community just fine before I foolishly contacted a heavy user.
And I haven't 'slammed' anyone down. That is absurd.
I haven't even had to argue, until you and your buddies came along.
Maybe you feel 'slammed'...

But you are right, this isn't a game.
The problem is, you are the childish one.

Whether or not you want to believe it, you have a few things to learn.
I know this too, but the arrogance of the young is FAR more dangerous than my ultra-cautionary approach.

Most users on this site fall between the teenage years and the early twenties.
As a result, many of them feel invincible.
They listen to people like you, who insist that the danger is minimal.

Acute reactions and deaths aside, MDMA still causes damage.
Although it is subtle and difficult to detect with questionnaires, it is real.

This was surprising for me to learn.
Yes, the brain is resilient, but it is NOT impervious!

This isn't a game.
But, perhaps I can 'work' with you, a little more.

Having someone to argue with isn't a bad thing, either.
If we are both lucky, our understanding of the truth will improve.
That is what discussion and debate are all about.