Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ecstasy and Tramadol

larrylickchops

Bluelighter
Gday

For over a year now, I have been taking tramal pretty much on a daily basis, legitimately prescribed, for pain management.

Back in april I decided to have a crack at some ecstasy for the first time and as I do before trying any new substance, I did lots of research on it. From what I gathered, most people who had taken ecstasy and were tramal users found the roll to be not so good.

From what i have read about tramal, its serotonin reuptake inhibiting is only fairly weak, certainly nowhere near an ssri for example. Based on that I gave it a break for approx 24 hours prior to the roll. The pill I had was a blue alien, same as one that a mate also had a few days before and said it was tip top. Sadly, I got no joy from it and only some weak speedy type feelings. My first assumption was that it's effects were blocked by the residual tramal in my system. It is of course possible that the pill I got was a dud.

Anyway, a few weeks back i had another go, once again with a confirmed good pill, a blue sky. This time round I took my last tramal around mid afternoon on the thursday and had the pill around 7pm on sat night. This time it worked a treat and I was quite impressed, especially with the come up that literally had me lying down for a while as I came to grips with the experience.

If there are any other tramal users out there, I'd love to hear about your experiences with e, eg did you stop it for a while or did you roll with it still fairly fresh in your system and how did you rate the experience? And to the folks who are cluey about chemistry, would one extra day really make that much of a difference? I have read that the halflife of tramal and or its metabolites is about 7 hours in healthy people, which I consider my self to be. Thats why I thought one day would suffice.

Well, thanks for reading and any comments are much appreciated.

I agree with splatt, I wont touch anything other then blue smileys, blue skies and yellow panda's at the moment, they are the fucking bomb, I am content to let my freinds try the new pills and tell me if they are anygood before I try them.

I guess it's all relative to your metabolism as well as many other factors to consider.
I do know for a fact that SSRI's most definately completely nullify the effects of MDMA.

I took 3 really potent pills (my ex-girlfriend couldn't stand up or even barely talk whilst rolling on these.) and much to my dissapointment I felt barely "euphoric" at all.

As for the Tramadol, I don't believe there is much information circulating the internet at the moment regarding it's role in blocking Seratonin.

Try searching on Erowid... I know they have a Tramadol Vault there somewhere. Goodluck. :)

My mate was prescribed codeine phosphate 30mgs x 112 + tramadol x 50 LOL (broke his leg skateboarding) anyway I gobbled a couple tramadols then chilled out for a while... Another mate passed by with a bag of pink stars - gobbled one then wished I didnt as I started to peak felt my heart going nuts then slow down, then go nuts again started getting paranoid as Id sit on the couch and Id get the odd body movements like my leg would jump up wierd shit like that!?.. So dont know if it was cos id taken a couple tramadols THEN a pill or cos I tend to go on roller coaster binges of various prescription pills (just love my rohypnol, rivitols, valium, halcyon, mogadons...) had taken 2 x 10mg moggys!? 2 days before...

Thanks for the input everyone.

There is a lot of info about tramal over at opiods.com but unfortunately, no mention of mdma is made with regard to it.

Over the years I have had many fun times with acid and know of the importance of set and setting. As I mentioned in the first post, after a 2 day break from tramal, I had a quite intense time with the e but did'nt really get any of the loved up feeling that so many people speak of.

Once again to the more experienced users of mdma, do you feel that set and setting are of importance for that loved up feeling or is it only really dependant on the quality of the drug? The reason I ask is im trying to work out if the tramal might play any part in blocking the empathic side of things, yet still allow the big come up, knock me on my arse session then enjoyable few hours that i found with the blue sky.

As before, all comments and advice are much appreciated.

Cheers

Yeah larrylickchops, i can definately back you up on the fact that tramadol blocks the effects of MDMA. Im not to sure what the best time is to stop tramadol before taking MDMA, but i imagine 3 days is probably the bare minimum for it not to interfere. It could even be upto a month that tramadol still has an effect on x, especially if you take it daily which is when it might alter the levels of seratonin in your brain. I cant say i know the exact science behind the interference as there is very little research into the matter other than subjective experience. I also found that after taking MDMA - the effectiveness of tramadol was severely reduced while your seratonin levels repaired themselves. Obvioulsy the association works both ways.
Maybe just tell your Pain Doc. that tramadol interfers with your party drugs and that you's prefer to take something better and stronger.

thanks for the info twonk.

i get the feeling my pain doc wouldnt be to impressed if i mentioned what you said though hehe :)

I did also notice that the tramal effects were noticably reduced the day after the roll and took a day or 2 to return to their usual levels.