Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ecstacy tolerence

my innerself

Bluelighter
I was just wondering when people think the honeymoon is over and the magic starts to fade. I have been taking E for a little over a year now and I like to think that I dont have a tolerence to the drug, but on recent rolls I just seem to have that special feeling, if you know what I mean. So does anyone here know when I tolerence to ecstacy starts to come on. Or do I just need to start double dropping to get that effect back?

Yeah, that's one option I guess - take higher doses to feel the same... but you can see where that leads, and it's called diminishing returns.

A better alternative might be to try longer breaks between pills... if you don't think you have a tolerance to the drug effects (i.e., the physical effects are identical but you're starting to not get much out of it mentally) maybe it will take a considerable break (like months) before you 'forget' what MDMA feels like and you can roll without expectations aforethought again. You'll likely never feel anything "magic" quite like those first few rolls again, but you might be surprised how much an extended break from the drug can improve your perspective on its effects.

I guess it depends what you're looking for... some people never 'lose the magic' because they sporadically use MDMA on special occasions (etc.), while others find that more regular use causes them to get over it all pretty quickly. Sure the pills still work and you peak hard and all, but where's the love? ;)

BigTrancer :)

Dude breaks between make it so much more worthwhile... I find that even with weed as I use to smoke everyday, sooo much more worthwhile and you'll definately agree I think!

i started doing pills this january. I found myself doing pills every first or second w/e since about august on. I know ive pretty much ruined my head, havent felt the love in a long long time. Not sure but lately i think i might just be getting shit pills. (white stars, blue mickey mouse, green dove, beige barrels)

yeah give the pingers a break for a couple of months. i was taking pills too often for about 6 months or so, then i stopped for about 6 months. the first one i had after the break was awesome, in the same league as that mythical 'first time' feeling. and i only needed one all night. i havent had one since then either so im planning to wait until NYE for the next...
hope the love returns!!
oh and also ive heard vitamin C is good but who knows. couldnt hurt to try it but right

You've got a few options.
The best, and the only long-term solution, is to stop taking pills as often. Your serotonin levels return to normal after about 2-3 months, and they get very close to normal (above 95% ) within a month or so.

or you could try preloading - 5-HTP is meant to do wonders - one capsule per day in the coupla days leading up to dropping, and one more on the night. Also vitamin E/C is a good idea for pre and postloading, if only to help your poor brain out a little. Personally i've heard that vitamin C kills the buzz a little, but there is absolutely nothing to back this up, it's just pilling folklore.

The last option isn't really an option at all - that is double dropping. As BT said, this simply means diminishing returns, and you end up with a worse problem than you have now.

taking vitamins to "keep the magic" is like trying to stop a tidal wave with a tampax. sure they probably help alleviate some negative side effects and bump up your seratonin levels real fast... but they do nothing to prevent tolerance or receptor downregulation. the only way to go is to space out your drops. ive gone from getting nothing/extremely bad effects from really good pills to having a mindblowing experience that rates up with 'the ole days' from average pills after a 6 month break.

if id just kept putting more MDMA and 5HTP into my body instead of just stopping then id probably have given it up completely by now... ITS WORTH THE WAIT!

what you say is true - that why i described spacing out drops as "the only long term solution". But 5-HTP can make a big difference. You still become tolerant, you just don't notice it as quickly. Hey, that sounds like a bad thing. hmmm...

[Edit: Post removed. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
As many people have said in the past, you don't realise how great the beneficial effect of 5-htp is until you stop using it. From experience I have found Vit C quite beneficial both before and after. The 8 hour slow release I've found to be best, else you just excrete the excess as waste. And a B complex vitamin supplement helps too. Don't underestimate the benefit of overall good health and fitness in contributing to a great time. I've found the more I exercise leading up to the weekend the better the roll.

is it possible that a reason we take more in a night is we become less scared of xtc? b4 i had my first a couple of years ago i was scared of taking drugs. now knowing how good it feels makes me less scared. but i agree that a break is good 4 u. feel alot clearer and work is better. hard 2 have a break knowing how good it feels and how relaxing. also sometimes tho it is fun 2 test your boundaries and have a heap in a nite!