• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Eating peanuts for magnesium before going out!

nica

Bluelighter
Anyone eat peanuts for magnesium b4 going out?

Is there anything in peanuts other than magnesium which may be beneficial/detrimental to the ecstacy experience?

I think we should all eat 1/2 cup of roasted salted peanuts before we go out.. (>200g magnesium) Please someone else who has tried it let me know!

I think this could be big! :)

Ahahaha seriously if you chew them good it could be a new fad :). Peanuts are one of those mysterious foods with amazing hidden properties some very powerful. All that magnesium bursting out of the salty nut into the bloodstream could really change a night!

I should correct myself, it's 200mg not 200g! From half a cup, which would probably be one packet of Nobby's!

Quote from http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=101

Peanuts are good sources of vitamin E, niacin, folate and magnesium. In addition, peanuts provide resveratrol, the phenolic antioxidant also found in red grapes and red wine that is thought to be responsible for the French paradox: the fact that in France, people consume a diet that is not low in fat, but have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease compared to the U.S. With all of the important nutrients provided by nuts like peanuts, it is no wonder that numerous research studies, including the Nurses’ Health Study that involved over 86,000 women, have found that frequent nut consumption is related to reduced risk of cardiovascular disease.

Peanuts Rival Fruit as a Source of Antioxidants

Not only do peanuts contain oleic acid, the healthful fat found in olive oil, but new research shows these tasty legumes are also as rich in antioxidants as many fruits.

While unable to boast an antioxidant content that can compare with the fruits highest in antioxidants, such as pomegranate, roasted peanuts do rival the antioxidant content of blackberries and strawberries, and are far richer in antioxidants than apples, carrots or beets.

Research conducted by a team of University of Florida scientists, published in the May 2005 issue of the journal Food Chemistry, shows that peanuts contain high concentrations of antioxidant polyphenols, primarily a compound called p-coumaric acid, and that roasting can increase peanuts' p-coumaric acid levels, boosting their overall antioxidant content by as much as 22%. Plus, in recent years, researchers at University of Florida and several other universities have bred new peanut varieties with higher levels of oleic acid—the monounsaturated fat responsible for many of olive oil's health-promoting effects. Called SunOleic peanuts, these cultivars, which contain 80% oleic acid and only 2-3% linoleic acid, not only provide the health benefits associated with this monounsaturated fat, but remain fresh 3 to 15 times longer than regular peanuts, and are also much lower in saturated fat.

You guys are paranoid I don't work for a peanut company, factory, farmer or anyone else associated with the peanut industry. I dont even eat peanuts all that often!!!!

I thought this could be a massive thing for people to take 1/2 cup of fresh roasted peanuts with all that vitamin E, niacin, folate and magnesium not to mention the incredible antioxidant power of the peanut! The salty goodness and monounsaturated oils!

Surely someone has had 1/2 cup or more before they've gone out! I'll try this weekend if no-one can tell me of any detrimental effect...

nica said:
You guys are paranoid I don't work for a peanut company, factory, farmer or anyone else associated with the peanut industry. I dont even eat peanuts all that often!!!!

I thought this could be a massive thing for people to take 1/2 cup of fresh roasted peanuts with all that vitamin E, niacin, folate and magnesium not to mention the incredible antioxidant power of the peanut! The salty goodness and monounsaturated oils!

Surely someone has had 1/2 cup or more before they've gone out! I'll try this weekend if no-one can tell me of any detrimental effect...

the fact that a multivitamin tablet is not only just as good, but better, than your salty nuts leads me to believe without a shadow of a doubt that youre working for NOBBY's . . .

I am not sure if you are serious or what but, depending on if the peanuts are salted or unsalted you are likely to be ingesting...

Saturated and unsaturated (poly and mono) fats, Omega 3 and 6, Vitamin E and B6, Folate, Niacin, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Zinc, copper, selenium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, sodium and iron.

So those are what you are likely to encounter from your 'Peanut Method'.

If you consume 1/2 Cup of peanuts you will have an approximate figure of 113.4 grams of peanuts. Now based upon statistics of average Australian produced peanuts you will ingest approximately 200mg of Magnesium. Theoretically, pre-loading with magnesium is for the purpose of relaxing the muscles in the face and head especially around the jaw. End result is one maybe prevented from 'chewing ones face off'.

Practitioners (non drug users included) also note that magnesium needs to be taken daily to promote its intended effect. I personally will use 500mg per day along and drop another 1000mg just prior to using meth or MDMA as a pre-load measure and then another 500mg along with 5htp during post load. I have been doing this for almost 6 months and I must admit that I am not convinced of its effects.

So, by consuming 1/2 cup of peanuts prior to going out and dropping a pill, you will be falling well short of the recommended doasge. This means you will need to up your intake to 283 grams of peanuts.

If you go to your local supermarket and make a b-line for the vitamin section you will be able to purchase a jar of magnesium tablets each with 500mg of magnesium. Perhaps you could take those, especially if you don't like peanuts. Also, remember some people are allergic to peanuts and will need to weigh up th options between not chewing on thier lips when rolling or going into anaphylactic shock and dying!

Sorry, I have to disagree with this becoming 'BIG' ;)

^^ Excellent post with some encouraging information and some not so encouraging.

Some people argue that having vitamins and minerals from natural food stuffs instead of processed pills is much more effective. This is partly because sometimes when the mineral is isolated the pill misses out on other vitamins/minerals that assist in the uptake of the mineral. When sourced naturally, (in this case in salty roasted peanuts) everything necessary to assist in utilization/uptake of the magnesium should be present. Therefore perhaps less than 500mg would be still very effective?

Add to that all of the other goodness such as antioxidants and the peanut-preload could really become massive!

Although it probably wouldn't make any difference, salted nuts will dehydrate you so if you want to eat lots of peanuts then have MDMA choose non-salted. Alternatively you could have a magnesium supplement.

I just think we should all try it before we dismiss it. I really think that the 1/2 cup roasted peanut-preload could soon become standard practice for us party people. I've got a crunch that it could really butter up my night this weekend!!

As for choosing salted over non-salted, I think the salt actually helps by preventing cramping etc. Obviously you are right to identify the dehydration possibility tho. Balance is crucial here.

this is a joke, right? . . .

what youre saying basically is that you want ravers/clubbers/etc et al to run around, pupils as big as dimes, munching on peanut butter sandwiches, or raiding 7 elevens for NOBBYs nuts . . .

dude, just take a multivitamin . . .

crow011 said:
this is a joke, right? . . .

Don't worry, I'll let you all know how I go on the weekend. I know what I'll be enjoying before I go out:

nobbys%20peanuts%20copy.jpg

I'll report back with full details and description of effects.

P.S. I'm having a Beige '51' two or three hours afterwards!

crow011 said:
nica: the weekend is a long way away, and i really need to know right now - cant you do your Holy Drug Combo right now and tell us how it goes?! . . .

could be a matter of life and death, buddy . . .

Ahahaha!

I'm not talking about miracles here - but we are somewhat underestimating the full force of 1/2 a cup of roasted peanuts. They're 22% more effective than unroasted.

One of those bags you get on the aeroplane isn't going to do much. But 1/2 cup or more a couple of hours before MDMA could really ease you in and out of the high!

Before this thread becomes completely silly can I just ask you what it is exactly that you hope to achieve from consuming magnesium and what evidence to you have to back this up.

Someone may be able to offer you some practical advice.

eggman88888 said:
Before this thread becomes completely silly can I just ask you what it is exactly that you hope to achieve from consuming magnesium and what evidence to you have to back this up.

Someone may be able to offer you some practical advice.

Good call. For starters there is plenty of info about magnesium as a muscle relaxent which helps calm jaw clenching and eye wobbles. Peanuts are the richest natural source of magnesium (yes roasted are richer).

Also, I believe antioxidants are very useful in softening a comedown.

I'd like to add that there is some anecdotal evidence that niacin is also very good for the retention of 5-HTP. Peanuts are a very rich source!!

This is from whfoods.com:
foodchart.php

Remember I am recommending 1/2 cup, so twice what is listed in that graph - and they are raw - not roasted!

And this is from Femhealth:

• Whole peanuts are a very important human food. Peanuts are very high in protein ( 25 grams per 100gram serving) of good quality.
  • They are a very good source of energy, with 50 grams of fats and 16 grams of carbohydrates per 100 gram serving.
  • Peanuts are a very good source of niacin (B3), with a healthy 112 mg/100 gram serving.
  • They also contain vitamin E (8mg/100gms).
  • Studies adding even small amounts of 'peanut products' to the diet have recorded a 14% reduction in the 'bad' LDL cholesterol.
  • One ounce, or one small handful of peanuts contains 2 big grams of fiber. This is 9% of the fiber you need each day!
  • University of Florida researchers report that peanuts are rich in antioxidants which protect cells from damage
  • The nuts contain a high level of one particular polyphenol called p-coumaric acid. The researchers discovered that roasting peanuts can increase the level of the acid in nuts, thereby increasing their overall antioxidant content by up to 22%.
  • Steve Talcott of the University of Florida, who led the research, said: "When it comes to antioxidant content, peanuts are right up there with strawberries. We expected a fairly high antioxidant content in peanuts, but we were a bit shocked to find that they're as rich in antioxidants as many kinds of fruit."

You've got to admit that there is an argument mounting that these babies will set you flying while on MDMA! If you preload 1/2 cup of roasted, I think you'd see a difference. But please don't take my advice until I've backed it up with thorough research and even then everyone is different and it might not be good for you.

Like I said, I just want everyone to hold their disbelief until after the weekend when I'll conduct a controlled (but subjective) experience with peanuts & MDMA. No-one else will be on peanuts where I am going. Therefore I will try to measure subjectively how each person is going before during and after.

I wonder if others have preloaded with roasted peanuts before taking MDMA and could post their experiences here.

Last edited:
nica said:
Good call. For starters there is plenty of info about magnesium as a muscle relaxent which helps calm jaw clenching and eye wobbles. Peanuts are the richest natural source of magnesium (yes roasted are richer).

Also, I believe antioxidants are very useful in softening a comedown.

I'd like to add that there is some anecdotal evidence that niacin is also very good for the retention of 5-HTP. Peanuts are a very rich source!!

These are all true statements, however, you do need to be using antioxidants on a daily basis to derive the maximum benefit, especially in relation to negating comedown effects of MDMA.

You are more than welcome to proceed with your peanuts method, however, It is my opinion (and probably that of many others) that there are much more efficient methods of ingesting magnesium and a lot of the anecdotal evidence relating to magnesium is based upon using a vitamin pill.

Lastly, peanuts are made of many vitamins and minerals. Your hypothesis however, is taking a very secular view on magnesium (and now Niacin) whilst ignoring the other elements. For example, if you are taking 5HTP as a post load, you need to consider the well discussed effects Vitamin B will have in comination with 5HTP, most specifically producing serotonin in the liver. Additionally, the issue of sodium has been brought up already and should not be ignored. Any element that will promote dehydration could become fatal when combined with MDMA and furious physical activity.

Nica, you have a list of the elements that make up peanuts, so lets see you do some research of the effects 'ALL OF THESE' elements will have in combination to MDMA before you start recommending this to everybody.

eggman88888 said:
Nica, you have a list of the elements that make up peanuts, so lets see you do some research of the effects 'ALL OF THESE' elements will have in combination to MDMA before you start recommending this to everybody.

No eggman you're absolutely right, I shouldn't recommend this to anyone when it is so unproven. I will do some more research and post back.

The combination of roasted peanuts and MDMA is unchartered territory..

This is not social or the lounge. If you've got something to add about the possible benefits or dangers of peanuts as a supplement feel free to contribute otherwise don't use the reply button.

I would be somewhat skeptical here as the amount of peanuts needed compared to the multivitamin which would probably be somewhat cheaper plus easier to take in one or two tablets. Plus as Cowboy mentioned the danger or dehydration. It is good to have something in your stomach when you’re out though.

Fry-d- said:
I would be somewhat skeptical here as the amount of peanuts needed compared to the multivitamin which would probably be somewhat cheaper plus easier to take in one or two tablets. Plus as Cowboy mentioned the danger or dehydration. It is good to have something in your stomach when you’re out though.

I think sometimes people are too quick to take supplements over the real thing.

Yes, too much salt is bad for you - that goes for anything including fish and chips which I don't suspect would help you while on MDMA.

You make a good poing fry-d that having something in your stomach is a good idea - and having something healthy, substantial, high in protein and good quality fats that are turned into sustaining energy while dancing is surely a good thing. Add the benefits previously mentioned and peanuts must be one of the best canditates for the pre-mdma meal. With a big glass of water.