• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Easing memories of bad drug experiences... Hypnotherapy perhaps?

spoon_77

Bluelighter
After a really bad experience with meth where I almost wiped myself out from going too hard on a massive bender, I find that I can't have anything thesedays without remembering the really bad experience that I had - hence ruining whatever I had with the thoughts that I'm going to get sick and end up in hospital again.

I really try not to think about it but I just can't help it. Is there any way that I can not forget the experience but perhaps just calm it down or supress the inner fear so it doesn't bother me every time I want to have something. Someone suggested hypnotherapy... Has anyone had any experience doing it for something like this?

hope the MAPS studies can help you in the future (http://www.maps.org/mdma/#news) . . .

how long ago was the experience? . . .

do you want to deal with it, and possibly the broader issues, or do you want to supress it? . . .

do you keep needing to do recreational drugs? . . .

could you see how these memories might be your brains way of saying "time to stop"? . . .

crow011 said:
hope the MAPS studies can help you in the future (http://www.maps.org/mdma/#news) . . .

Cheers, I'll have a look :)

Originally posted by crow011 how long ago was the experience? . . .

January

Originally posted by crow011 do you want to deal with it, and possibly the broader issues, or do you want to supress it? . . .

There are no broader issues at all. I don't do things to escape from problems or issues at all, I do them purely for fun. The only issue I have is that everytime I have something, I can't help but think about the near-miss, I get a minor paranoia that it will happen again and it ruins the whole experience. That's why I was asking if anyone knows about ways to at least relax those thoughts so they don't bother me constantly when I have something.

Originally posted by crow011 do you keep needing to do recreational drugs? . . .

No, there was never, ever a "need" to have them, and more often than not I don't have them when I go out, I prefer to drink personally. I just have them occasionaly for fun, went on the odd big bender and overdid once, which is enough to alter my mindset every time since.

Originally posted by crow011 could you see how these memories might be your brains way of saying "time to stop"? . . .

Perhaps. But I don't take anywhere near enough to say that my brain/body is telling me that I'm in trouble. We're talking about once every two or three months, not several times a week ;)

sweet . . .

in that case, i think slowly re-approaching your world of recreational drug use is the best way . . .

i dont think there would be much point to hypnotherapy, and this is a subject i dont think you could bring up with a counsellor or someone like that . . .

maybe talk it over with your mates . . . knowing that someone has been through the same type of thing, or even worse, can sometimes be empowering, and leave you with a sense that you could be a lot worse off . . .

I hate to point out the obvious, but how about you just stop taking drugs?

If you have decided that you want to continue doing recreational drugs then I agree with crow011 that a slow re-approach would be the way to go. Maybe try a few small doses in a place that you feel comfortable. Maybe at home with some favourite music or maybe at a friend’s house. As long as you feel comfortable and keep the dosages low you should be able to keep the anxiety at bay. I don’t know about hypnotherapy but talking about any problems will usually help. Let us know how you go. Relax.

Sorry but I agree with sllip, sounds like you've gone too hard and overdone it for yourself. Perhaps you're not the most suitable person for drug taking.

Sllip said:
I hate to point out the obvious, but how about you just stop taking drugs?

i agree, but it sounds like thats not an option . . .

Heavenly Amino Acid L-tyrosine

Munchee said:
Sorry but I agree with sllip, sounds like you've gone too hard and overdone it for yourself. Perhaps you're not the most suitable person for drug taking.

Not always true Munchee, there is hope for all no matter how far lost down the rabbit hole!

Hey spoon- myself and many of my friends have gone through this and I know a pretty good way to get you back to a state of mind that allows you to indulge in chemicals safely without fear...giving maximum fun factor

Use the power of knowledge!! Knowledge being brain dumps by fellow bluelighters and the wealth of information contained on this site.

If you substance of choice is XX-amphetamines, seriously consider investing in some L-tyrosine...its truly a lifesaver when it comes to amphetamines. There are some choice threads on this website suggesting usages, effects, and benefits.

Once you learn to regularly and properly pre and post load your brain before and after your experiences, you will find stability and control over your feelings thus giving you a more fulfilling and sucessful experience.

You will gain a new level of confidence and control over your highs and lows induced by amphetamine use...especially comedowns (practically eliminating them if L-tyrosine dosage quantity and timing done right!)

Let us know how you go!

I would tend to disagree that by simply pre- and post-loading you are going to solve all the problems of anxiety induced by trauma. Depending on the severity of the traumatic experience and the person's mental state at the time of the experience (and their mental state now) will dictate how it is possible to deal with the anxiety related to the experience. For some people it may take years of cognitive therapy to solve the problem, for others they may not need therapy at all, but without knowing it is impossible to say that they will simply be able to deal with it. By your suggestion spoon could subject him/herself to further traumatic experiences and anxiety in an environment with similar stimulus to the first experience and therefore cause more damage.

spoon: if you feel there is no way you can avoid drugs, then I'd suggest that you read up some stuff about cognitive therapy and use these techniques to help yourself.

I feel your pain buddy - I went through a similar situation about half way through last year - took me around 6 months to be able to have a pill without constantly worrying - got to a stage that even when I was just sleeping at night I thought I was having an attack.

In the end I basically had to go to a doctor and get him to reassure me that there was nothing wrong physically with me, and the next thing was just to learn to believe in myself

Having said that, I would hate to give you advice that could lead to bigger problems - I'm cean for the first time in 4 years at the moment, and to be honest I'm quite happy. I understand it's hard to quit - especially if the people you care about are the ones your doing it with, but in the end the scene dies and you'll be left by your self anyway - sometimes it's better to be the first one to "see the light" - because when you're the last you'll find your life is emptier than it ever was before