Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Earliest Childhood Memories

katmeow

Bluelight Crew
Earliest Childhood Memories

I have one I'm not sure about - I have this really strong image in my mind of me and my sister wearing bright coloured raincoats walking down this long green slope with my parents toward a pond with some ducks in in. There was also a yellow slippery dip. I've always thought it was somewhere we went on holidays when I was 4 and my sister 2 - but something tells me it might just have been a dream.

The first one I'm sure about took place in kindergarten. When you went up the stairs to our classroom, there was a locker room first, which had a large white sink at the end of it. I remember one day needing to go to the bathroom really badly and our teacher was stuck at the door talking to another teacher so I couldn't ask to go. I don't know if another kid dared me, or I just took matters into my own hands, but I hiked up my dress and peed in the sink.

What a charming child I was ;)

*~*~*~*

Now that I've shared my embarrassing story... what's the first thing that you truly remember happening to you, or you doing? Not because you've seen photos, or someone told you a story about it, but your first concrete childhood memory. How old were you?

not much to say, just I was a real bastard that fucked up my mum's car by filling the petrol tank with water, and smashed mum's $5,000 china dinner set, brain damaged a kitten, drove my mum's car down the drive way by bumping the handbrake and crashed the fence oppsite our place at the time and overdosed on tranquilsers all this before I reached aged of 3 years old.

Willing to let you ask or meet my mum to check if this story is true. =D

I remember walking home with my mum up our street from play group, which is before kindergarten. I've mentioned it to my mum before and she thinks I must have been about 3.

The earliest thing that I remember is a family friend's backyard. I don't remember who they were or anything else about their house, just the way the backyard was set out and where the washing line was.

Mum tells me the last time we went there was when I was 9 months old. That kind of freaks me out.

I do remember a lot from my childhood though. I have clear memories right back to when I was about 2.

I have no idea how old I was but it was pre kindy years.

I was with my Mum at the supermarket and she gave me a bar of chocolate.........I remember being anxious cos I could hold it but couldnt eat it till we went through the checvk out.

Im sure thats when i first learnt to hate the queue at the checkout.

Mine I think is my 4th birthday party, it was held at Billabong, remember the two koala's Belinda and Benny. I remember my jungle cake and some of the presents i got

Actually, I remember coming home early from preschool once cos I didn't make the toilet on time.

What's with all the bathroom memories for me ;)

i was going to the hospital when i was 3-4 since i was dying of constipation, and mum said "pack your bags"

so i made a bag out of lego duplo and said "ready" to my mum, and she just broke down crying.

yeah, REALLY HAPPY first memory

The earliest memory i have is playing with a green and white toy truck when i was 2 years old. From about my 3rd birthday onwards and when i started pre-school i have a lot of memories.

i would have been about 2 (i think...)

standing, yelling over our gate at some people telling them not to even think about stealing my toy truck.... and i had a shitty nappy on at the time.....

hmmm.... nuffin changes does it...... ;)

I've always thought that you don't reall have a memory until you are at least three years old. I read it somewhere years ago. Something to do with the brain and it's compacity to store information after a certain time of development *shrugs*

anyway my earliest memory i think would have to be when i was four living in a big house with three old men (we all had our own rooms - mum, dad and i had the largest) We had just migrated from australia not log ago and it was kind of a hostel house. My mum and dad liked to listen to "Hot chocoloate" and "The bee gees" alot and i had my own sandpit in the backyard. I also remember from living at this place going to the shops with my mum and buying bread and neither of us understanding what anyone said to us (couldn't speak english yet) and remember feeling like i was in the wrong place. I also didn't like australian bread and said to my mum "I don't want this cake, i want bread" because in poland we used to eat rye bread and wasn't used to eating such white fluffy bread :)

The first memory I can remember was when I was about 3 and I was up on the Gold Coast with my parents (about the only time I can remember my parents still being together.). Anyway I was in some wildlife park and me being cute decided that one of the Kangaroos needed a hat, so I decided to put my Sea World hat on it's head. Of course the kangaroo hopped away and I was rather distressed because I never got that hat back.

Another memory I have was when I was a little older (not really sure of the age). I was sitting on the loungeroom floor one day absolutely bored out of my brains, when I saw a bit of the wallpaper coming off and just started ripping it off. A few minutes later my Mum said to her friend on the phone "just hang on a minute I can hear something ripping", and then came out and smacked me. :(

Spewing up while being helped by my grandparents at our old place. This would have been when I was 1-2. Some life, eh?

I can remember going to the hospital when my brother was born - I was 2 and a half. I remember crying and pulling on my mum's nightie cause she wouldn't let me stay there with her :\

I remember stealing some of dad's matches and sitting out on the driveway lighting them like I had seen him do - then drop them and freak out that the concrete would catch fire lol. I would've been 4 I think.

I can remember alot of things about our farm in QLD - we lived there from when I was born till I was 4.

When I was 3 I got petrol in my eyes and mum had to take me to the hospital.
Whats funny is that until last year I'd always thought it was a dream or story I'd made up in my head, my folks had never mentioned it to me... then we were talking about something along those lines, and mum told me about it! I screamed at her, "MUM! I always thought I dreamt that!"
LOL weird.

I can vividly remember most things from 2 onwards. For me the triggers to old memories are smells and not so usual sounds. Silly stuff, like the smell of lemonade in old picnic cups, that particular one brings back a many a not-so-cool memory of family drives to the beach.

My earliest memory is of my mum yelling at me to put my shoes on, as I cheekily ran down Mentone beach in my nappy. I remember falling over and cutting my foot on a sharp shell, desperately wanting mum to come fix it but being too stubborn to admit I'd hurt myself doing something naughty. Hmm not much has changed really ;) I would have been 18 or maybe 19 months old. Its really interesting analyising the perspective and the interpretation of what kids remember, especially in the really early years before they have concepts of what is 'normal' and what's not.

miss slingshot said:
My earliest memory is of my mum yelling at me to put my shoes on, as I cheekily ran down Mentone beach in my nappy. I remember falling over and cutting my foot on a sharp shell

ah... that explains why you are always wearing those boots now... ;)

All the memories I have seem to be the painful ones. Cept for the tortoise one.

- falling into a drain* and almost drowning
(mum says ~18months, but i don't believe I can have memories from that far back)

- falling on my face down a ramp and shattering my two front teeth
(3.5 mum says)

- Sticking my foot into the spokes of a moving bike and destroying my heel (4yrs)

- workers cleaning the open drains* finding a tortoise and handing it to me
(4yrs)

*Mendoza in Arg. has open drains to keep the trees watered - desert cities tend to be kind of dry...

- meow